Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - About vote... - Reply to topic

nifft

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi to all,
just to know.....
i've posted 2 days ago this: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/106914/and-now.html
well...seems that it don't likes cause has got no votes, but i don't want to wander around or cry for this, i only want to know if the lack of votes is for the content of the image that could seems offensive. In that case , i'm sorry but i didn't want to this community that i respect.[/url]

dumbat

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

it's a funny idea - and you've done an ok job - but the perspective and scale of the rod are wrong. also you've overdone the blood, and the shark's dorsal fin is a bit unnecessary

on the positive side you got the lighting/colour/contrast just about spot on with the people

but the main thing perhaps is that gratuitous violence only seems to do ok here if it's really, really well done

i for one didn't find it offensive Razz

mikey

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Just keep trying different things" after a while you will get a lot of votes, it takes time and practice, the violent stuff dont do too good though" Rolling Eyes ~ experiment, try some landscapes with some strong color themes and lighting" Cool good luck. Wink

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
but the main thing perhaps is that gratuitous violence only seems to do ok here if it's really, really well done

unless you are marco.....hehe

yello_piggy

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:58 am   Reply with quote         

believe me, there were more offensive entries before, and most of them got votes. so, being offensive cant be the reason Twisted Evil but keep on trying and keep challenging the borders of good taste!

Marx-Man

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

hmm.

Critique.

The sharks fine is a lil off considering the perspective difference that shark is as big as a house, if the dorsel fin is as big as a person.

The reflection should have used a diffusion map of the water its in. not just aplying an ocean ripple.

1: The rod colours are way to vibrant and 2: the rod is way to big and the hands dont really fit it perfectly

The blood is one colour and has no refraction or shadow.
The entry wound is bigger than the exit wound. which for stabbing force of any kind that goes right through a person usually results in more blood at the back than at the front because of the excess flesh pushed through.

The woman looks like she is laughing because her eyes are shut where as if it was pain they would be open and fully dilated.

The sandy beach or white rock may be a cliff face so you get away with it.

To improve on it i would recommend...

Making the sharks fin smaller. or making it closer
Fixing the reflection and making it fade into the water.
Changing the vividness and size of the rod.
The blood needs fixing for sure.

but the scnenery you get away with easily (just alter the brightness a tad and it will be spanking)

The womans eyes have to be open or the face has to have a less prominent grin.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - About vote... - Reply to topic