Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - This is not a complaint - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Skidpath indeed, guess that one is not so clear either...

So, to conclude basically the perspective was the main problem, added and noted into my 'don't mess up next time' book.

Should have dumped the ambulance, was added later as I thought that spot was too empty.. Next time I'll refrain myself Smile

patim wrote:
For accuracy, you could have put some debris lying around
Figured this one would pop up too. And that's a thing I actually regretted too. Guess I spend too much time on all the rest and was pretty tired of it, so I skipped that part a bit. Stupid of me, but hey that's life Smile

Quote:
Sorry...I thought he'd asked some constructive critisism?

I sure did Very Happy

Anyway, thanks for all the input, very much appreciated. Very Happy

This should be done more imho ...

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
guys , u just have to image the truch an ambulance are on little hills in the grass,it would change perspective..;well its what i usually think about grass.... Laughing

i am funny Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Micose wrote:
guys , u just have to image the truch an ambulance are on little hills in the grass,it would change perspective..;well its what i usually think about grass.... Laughing

i am funny Very Happy
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

ok strap my boots on and time to wade in here Very Happy

I see the issue with the ambulance, fair enough, for me there is no issue with fire truck and plane, as the plane is in a mess, its crashed that gaping hole could be at countless angles to compensate for the firetrucks angle, the work of smoke and water and lighting, not to mention the unbelievable detail in the path of destruction the planes fuselage has ripped throught the city is outstanding. I can't believe some people didn't know what the trail of the plane body was..... but then I spotted ot straight away.

There is easily more than enough reasons to vote for this. IMO totally and utterly outweighing reasons not to, i.e the slight issue of the ambulance.

One of if not my favourite of the entire comp.

Oh and mine sucked, sorry about that, and thanks to those who thought otherwise Laughing Laughing

MindGraph

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:31 pm   Reply with quote         

actually Grefix it's a great submit overall. I have been extremely busy with work and just starting to get back on track and back into the site but in the meantime I have had no time to submit OR vote otherwise you would have gotten mine. As eve mentioned the overall pic is great even though my eye was checking out some perspective issues. To me it deserved alot more votes because I can cleary see that there was alot of work put into and the result of the idea and what you made with it is really great. sorry I couldn't vote.
Grefix wrote:
Well, maybe it is, but that's not why I'm posting this.

My entry in looking down did not do as well as I thought it would. For me that's a first time (most of the times I'm basically right about my perspectives).

Anyway, since the people who did vote for it had no remarks and noone left a comment suggesting what could have been better, I'm clueless of what's not right with it.

So, my question is simple:
Why did you not vote for it (or what could have been done better). Smile

ps: this is the image: Crashed

mikey

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I say we have a re count! Laughing

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I liked it, and voted for it.

Some of the vehicles look kinda tilted, and the plane shadow seems bad to me.

dumbat

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

i didn't vote cos:

the damage to the ground behind the plane didn't look real, in fact when i first viewed the image i thought it was smoke or something, which also didn't look real

the shadow from the plane is way too small

the shading on the fuselage doesn't match the shadows

perspective on the fire engine doesn't fit, when compared with the plane, the ambulance, and the original vehicles

i didn't understand why a small part of the smoke was white

more subconsciously, it looks a bit odd just having the tail section there

on the plus side, the smoke and fire and water effects are great

there were 2 images that got less votes than you which i thought deserved to do a lot better, but the voting these days often surprises me. i wouldn't be too worried about it

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
I say we have a re count! Laughing
I disagree, I would be called a vote whore, and I'm not into that kind of whoring... Laughing

dumbat wrote:
i didn't understand why a small part of the smoke was white
The white smoke was added after I added the water canon on the fire engine (originally the fire engine doesn't have one). I imagined water and fire would get you some steam. Not sure if that would happen though, I'm not a fire expert, call it artistic freedom Smile

dumbat wrote:
more subconsciously, it looks a bit odd just having the tail section there
Couldn't fit in a whole Boeing, those planes are pretty damned big Very Happy, and due to fact I'm a lost fan (where the crashed airplane broke in two pieces, front section ended up on one part of the island, tail section on the other side). So you have to imagine the rest of the plane ended up somewhere ahead :p

dumbat wrote:
on the plus side, the smoke and fire and water effects are great
Thanks, that was the main thing I've concentrated on, as I've never done those before. Spend a couple of hours on these to create and learn this effect (studying various images). So, I'm very glad to hear this Smile

Quote:
there were 2 images that got less votes than you which i thought deserved to do a lot better, but the voting these days often surprises me. i wouldn't be too worried about it

mindgraph wrote:
sorry I couldn't vote.

I'm not that worried, just trying to figure out where I went wrong, and to upgrade my skills (which this site is really about I think). But damned you anyway, mg :p ( j/k )

marco wrote:
One of if not my favorite of the entire comp.

Oh and mine sucked, sorry about that, and thanks to those who thought otherwise
Thanks and sorry about the no vote from me, but as I said, I hate psc logo being used Very Happy ( let this be a warning for future submitters who want to get my vote Laughing)

again I'm surprised about the amount of response here (in a positive way) I should do this more ("sh*t, he's going to bug us every time with this now, what have we done...")

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:

lol ..smoke it if ya got it Smile

anytime something looks off and I just can't put my finger on it it is usually the perspective.we all screw it up from time to time...its more important with face swapping and more obvious then in other type chops...chop on! Cool

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:

Thanks and sorry about the no vote from me, but as I said, I hate psc logo being used Very Happy ( let this be a warning for future submitters who want to get my vote Laughing)

HA! Marco knows I rarely vote for an image w/ a PSC logo...so I'm not alone! Wink

mikey

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

for some reason I want to vote for that image Mikey Laughing

ReinMan

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't vote for it because I died in a plane crash once.
Your post brought back some not so good memories of my death.
(I also don't vote for posts with Catholic Priests in them either! )

marcoballistic

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - This is not a complaint - Reply to topic