Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - sorry about not voting - Reply to topic

blade_in_exile

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

Hi all i haven't voted for a few days and keep coming up with the same error all the time

it tells me i have already voted which i know i havent so i got to checking a few things out and here is the problem.

i live at home with my parents and bladelady has already voted for the same ones i want to now that comes from the same IP and prevents me from voting.

is there anyway around this problem or am i going to have to suffer from this problem as i like to vote on the last day so everyone gets a chance at votes although if one catches my eye on the first day it gets a vote.

Regards

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

Try deleting cookies, I don't know if it'll work for this case but since the purpose of cookies is to notify websites that you visited it before .. it may work.

Smile

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

To the best of my knowledge there is no easy way around this except to use a proxy site to mask your IP address. That could slow things down considerably, though.

rashdog

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

enjoy my cookies !

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

Goeny and Wendysmurfie had this exact problem, and I cannot remember if they ever had figured a way around it.

If there is a way to change your IP address then you could probably vote. I have no idea how one would do that, though there might be a program online somewhere for it...?

Good luck!

Michel

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

bsoholic wrote:
Goeny and Wendysmurfie had this exact problem, and I cannot remember if they ever had figured a way around it.

I believe what happened is that they got special permission from the administrators...

Micose

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Why did u do not vote ??? that's not very nice !!! Evil or Very Mad Laughing
janetdog

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

bsoholic wrote:

If there is a way to change your IP address then you could probably vote. I have no idea how one would do that, though there might be a program online somewhere for it...?

Good luck!

A cheap and simple way to change IP is to buy a 4-way firewall/router. Everything behind the router should come up as a 192.168.xx.xxx number. By simply changing the net cable to the next hole, Your IP should change also.

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
bsoholic wrote:

I believe what happened is that they got special permission from the administrators...

Ah, I think you are correct Michel. It's probably worth a shot for you then Blade and BladeLady.

Sassy

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

If all else fails vote from the Library when your close to it..

I have not had the time to vote lately either Sad but its due to work related issues,moving etc...etc.....yuck!

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
bsoholic wrote:

Good luck!

A cheap and simple way to change IP is to buy a 4-way firewall/router. Everything behind the router should come up as a 192.168.xx.xxx number. By simply changing the net cable to the next hole, Your IP should change also.

Yeah but you'l still have the same outgoing IP adress...

http://www.shmugle.com
janetdog

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

My modem is on a dhcp server. The mac address combined with my computer Id number sets my IP. It remains pretty much static until I change my network configuration. ie: modem, linux firewall, router, computer gives me a different address than modem, computer or modem, router, computer. See? I've played games on pogo with the ol'lady through the same IP on two different computers three feet from each other.

Who Knows? Maybe it won't work!

ScionShade

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL@ a "MOD" suggesting proxy HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
THAT's A NO-NO RD!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - sorry about not voting - Reply to topic