Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - to the chop chicks and the mothers of psc - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

hello yall chop chickas and those with mothers

this is a somewhat serious message from me Confused mightybeet serious?...
oh yes ... serious... no its not a "hey ladies wanna date" request or what nots... no... this one has to do with... breast cancer Sad .... dundunduuuuuun

well jimmy... sit on my knee and i ll tell ya a story... arrrr....

my mother was recently, er last week, diagnosed with breast cancer. doctors say shes between stages 1 and 2 where the tumor is a lil under 2 cm in size. was one of those "havent had a mammogram fer a while" things and we are glad it was caught in time. we are all doin well and she will be going into surgery sometime next month. will keep ya posted!!

so ladies, choppa chickas, womens, psc motheresesesss... as a lil healthy holiday reminder ... be safe and get a mammogram Very Happy

bill

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

I hear the procedure is quite pleasant

dumbat

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I hear the procedure is quite pleasant

handily enough, that implement can also be used by guys checking for testicular cancer

Shocked

good luck to your mom mightybeet, it's good you can look on the bright side, cos it was discovered early

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:57 am   Reply with quote         

and there it is, a serious message and Paul gets out the waffle iron Laughing

glad to hear it was caught early Beet, thoughts go out to you ya family and ya mother fro me and my family. Heres to a quick recovery. Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:13 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="marcoballistic"]and there it is, a serious message and Paul gets out the waffle iron Laughing

Shocked That's a waffle iron?

Bladelady

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

Good luck to your mother beet, hope all goes ok. There I was worrying about being told I have diabetes, I will now stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it!!!!

Love to you and yours this Christmas, and give your mum a big hug from all us mums everywhere. xxxxxxxxxxx

Michel

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:44 am   Reply with quote         

Don't want to burst your bubble, but a lot of people actually believe that getting your breasts squished and radiated actually helps developing tumours.

I believe your message comes from you caring for people, but the constant fear campaign led by doctors and big pharma is relentlessly infuriating me...

Some women even go as far as getting both their breasts removed in a pre-emptive strategy... Confused

cherylm329

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Just a tip for your Mom mighty, stay strong mentally and eat lots of fruits, veggies, and vitamins. Even tell her to check out a health food store. My grammie was diagonsed with inoperational terminal cancer and was only expected to live 6 months. 7 years later and she is still kicking Very Happy She says what she did was what I mentioned above. Good luck and I wish wellness to your Mom.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

Hug the mommy!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Tofu, woo hoo a new game Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
Don't want to burst your bubble, but a lot of people actually believe that getting your breasts squished and radiated actually helps developing tumours.

I believe your message comes from you caring for people, but the constant fear campaign led by doctors and big pharma is relentlessly infuriating me...

Some women even go as far as getting both their breasts removed in a pre-emptive strategy... Confused

You know, you're right Michel, I was reading an article about the very thing you speak of, and the waffle iron was an example of that procedure, Bill, I hope your mother comes through this OK, a good healthy attitude can go very far when it comes to healing yourself, take care. Smile

Sassy

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry Beet I hope she is back to her old self soon.Makes you appreciate life a tad more and time spent together.

Health Food Store is a good Idea,Asparagus (fresh or canned cooked) creates natural Interferon also and balances the alkalinity of the body (in herb form it's called Astragalus) I am going to post the Chinese name and link here because it tells you what it helps illness wise. I am an Herbalist so if you/she have any questions feel free to ask me in PM.

Bladelady check out the link also for Diabete info..

http://tcm.health-info.org/Herbology.Materia.Medica/huangqi-properties.htm

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Hug the mommy!

EVERYBODY should "hug the mommy!"

Where would we be w/out them?

Michel, most women these days w/ decent health care, don't have to go the drastic chop-chop route anymore. My grammy did but that was ages ago. (Cool, Cheryl, we have the same name for them...and glad yours is doing well, too!)

Give your mum a hug from all of us, Beet, and treat her well. Smile

Queen La Tiff

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

QLT also serious?!?

I found a lump when I was 26--they kept saying it was nothing right until they cut it out. I got away REALLY easily with just a lumpectomy, no need for chemotherapy or other surgery, and you have to look really hard to even see the scar at this point. Now I got one booby slightly bigger than the other, but I hear most women have that, and my husband is nice enough to say that he can't even tell. I almost never even THINK of it anymore, unless the subject comes up.

So think of me when you have problems sleeping. Wait, that didn't come out right. I just mean that women are STRONG, and Moms even stronger, and science gets better every day at treating illness.

Prayer also works.

ReinMan

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Queen La Tiff wrote:
QLT also serious?!?
... and you have to look really hard to even see the scar at this point. . .

Okay. MOST of the dudes on this site are LOOKING REALLY HARD for your scar, my Queen! Razz

Seriously folks: hug the women. And men? Do NOT put the family onions in a waffle iron. Trust me on this! Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - to the chop chicks and the mothers of psc - Reply to topic