Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Trailer site and trailer - Reply to topic

Marx-Man

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

1.) Would you say a horror movie is scarier if set at night?
2.) Is a partially visible villain scarier than one in plain sight?
3.) Would a deformity, either physical or mental make the villain scarier?
4.) Would you be more scared of a faster opponent rather than a slower one?
5.) Do smart villains make better horror movie villains?
6.) Should a horror movie trailer site be based on the feeling of the trailer?
7.) Should the horror trailer have many viewing options for many viewing formats?
8.) Should a horror site have fonts that are denoting the movie?
9.) Is an animated trailer site better than a still one?
10.) Horror trailer sites are made for viewing trailers, but does having an interactive trailer based within the site like the saw movie website make for a better experience?

Tthese are just yes / no questions but i have to do a survey for my class with primary research so i figured well you guys should have some knowledge of what ya wanna see from a trailer...

Ill put the final result on youtube... if i get it done in time lol Razz

Any extra things you would like to add would be great...

thanks for your time...

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

hmm, an interesting topic from Marx-man. Who woulda thunkit? Wink Razz

ok.

1.) Both - I enjoy the movies with a twist where it's broad daylight and something happens. The moviegoing audience is so conditioned to expect bad things only when it's dark and the ominous music is playing, that the occaisonal film with a neutral atmosphere that doesn't make the audience think something is going to happen, but then it does, is refreshing.
Though, there is nothing wrong with the cookie-cutter nighttime and darkness as long as there is something original about it.

2.) No - this usually annoys me. Show the villain at some point in the movie, otherwise it just seems like they're trying to keep the budget down by not having to make a detailed villain/creature

3.) Yes - A good, freakish creature or a person who is a total nut is almost more scary than a normal guy that just likes stalking and killing people.

4.) Faster - Personally, I rather take on zombies that go 10 feet an hour than something like from Alien that kills you just before you realize where it is.

5.) Both - If it's smart, it is smart enough to purposely be scary, and if it's stupid, it can still be scary by doing natural things, such as stalking it's prey.

6.) Yes - not much to say here. I hate trailers and websites that don't reflect the film's true story or atmosphere.

7.) Yes - Again, I hate trying to watch a movie trailer online only to find it's only playable in the evil Quicktime format. Evil or Very Mad (I'm sure mac fans equally despise the WMV-only formats. Razz )

8.) Yes - it's all in the marketing. Cheesy fonts that don't look good destroy websites, especially themed ones.

9.) Sure - Just make sure it's not overloaded with so much Flash that my damn computer locks up. Evil or Very Mad

10.) Yes - Interactive movie websites are always fun, as long as they are done well and aren't difficult to grasp what you're supposed to do.

Those are just some of my quick thoughts on your questions, hope this helps.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, yes, no, no, maybe, no, yes, no, no, no...I gotta go!
Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

Michel

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

yes, yes, no, no, maybe, no, yes, no, no, no...I gotta go!
Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

I thought I saw that trailer somewhere...

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1610/desert-hotel.html

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

1 no. 2 most the time (that's why books are better...it works one's imagination). 3 yes/perhaps/maybe. 4 absolutely (that's why we run in slo-mo in our dreams). 5 yes (the world's full of stupid villans). 6 YES (Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital had a great site, can't find it now, maybe it no longer exists). 7 yes, the more accessable and viewable, the better. 8 not necessarily--readability comes first. 9 yes, the creepier, the better. 10 yes, it's ALL about experience these days, ever since Starbucks invented it. Smile

Good luck w/ your project...and report back, please

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That trailer was one of my sources...belonged to Adam. Now he's sold that property and this image and the ones in the comp are all we have...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing

Michel

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That trailer was one of my sources...belonged to Adam. Now he's sold that property and this image and the ones in the comp are all we have...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Laughing

Adam?

You mean like in... Adam and Eve?

Oscar

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
1.) No, unless your naked and got a set of knifes for X-Mas
2.) No, but if i was blind i wouldn't care
3.) Aren't all deformed?
4.) Slow, i would probably die of boredom
5.) No, when was the last time you see a villain win??
6.) No it should be the opposite with fairies and rainbows
7.) HD format takes at least 2 min to download... i could be frying chicken instead.
8.) Heck no
9.) Yes
10.) Depends, if you went to the site and found damn flash games and such that would divert the attention out of the movie it would suck

Tthese are just yes / no questions but i have to do a survey for my class with primary research so i figured well you guys should have some knowledge of what ya wanna see from a trailer...

Ill put the final result on youtube... if i get it done in time lol Razz

Any extra things you would like to add would be great...

thanks for your time...

The movie Saw, Saw 2 and Saw 3 suck but i got all of them Twisted Evil

Micose

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
hmm, an interesting topic from Marx-man. Who woulda thunkit? Wink Razz

ok.

1.) Both - I enjoy the movies with a twist where it's broad daylight and something happens. The moviegoing audience is so conditioned to expect bad things only when it's dark and the ominous music is playing, that the occaisonal film with a neutral atmosphere that doesn't make the audience think something is going to happen, but then it does, is refreshing.
Though, there is nothing wrong with the cookie-cutter nighttime and darkness as long as there is something original about it.

2.) No - this usually annoys me. Show the villain at some point in the movie, otherwise it just seems like they're trying to keep the budget down by not having to make a detailed villain/creature

3.) Yes - A good, freakish creature or a person who is a total nut is almost more scary than a normal guy that just likes stalking and killing people.

4.) Faster - Personally, I rather take on zombies that go 10 feet an hour than something like from Alien that kills you just before you realize where it is.

5.) Both - If it's smart, it is smart enough to purposely be scary, and if it's stupid, it can still be scary by doing natural things, such as stalking it's prey.

6.) Yes - not much to say here. I hate trailers and websites that don't reflect the film's true story or atmosphere.

7.) Yes - Again, I hate trying to watch a movie trailer online only to find it's only playable in the evil Quicktime format. Evil or Very Mad (I'm sure mac fans equally despise the WMV-only formats. Razz )

8.) Yes - it's all in the marketing. Cheesy fonts that don't look good destroy websites, especially themed ones.

9.) Sure - Just make sure it's not overloaded with so much Flash that my damn computer locks up. Evil or Very Mad

10.) Yes - Interactive movie websites are always fun, as long as they are done well and aren't difficult to grasp what you're supposed to do.

Those are just some of my quick thoughts on your questions, hope this helps.

Nice!Tru "connaisseur", u just said what to be said. Cool
Marx-Man

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

when was the last time i saw a villain win...

When antagonists become protagonists.. angel...
When antagonists are indestructable... Terminator 3
When antagonists are dwarfed but a bigger issue.. the matrix.
When the main character turns out to be the bad guy... Death note

The villain wins in Valentine...

The termianator is the main antagonist and still nacks the world in T3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Trailer site and trailer - Reply to topic