Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I Have A Dream... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cafn8d

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

BRAVO, DP!!!

My mom found baby carrots were soothing when she needed to put something in her mouth instead of a cigarette. My husband quit smoking (as a habit) almost 12 years ago... but was off and on again anytime he had too much to drink. He hasn't smoked at all for several years now. He chewed up all the pens during his cravings. Razz Both of them seemed to need something to do with their hands, and something small/cylindrical to put in their mouths.

splodge

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I stoped smoking for a few hours once, but i was unconcious on the operating table at the time, i was out side having a smoke 2 hours later with all the pipes and tubes hanging out of me, Pathetic Embarassed

Hallcross Toots

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
I stoped smoking for a few hours once, but i was unconcious on the operating table at the time, i was out side having a smoke 2 hours later with all the pipes and tubes hanging out of me, Pathetic Embarassed

Laughing

Micose

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

Cool
HandToolUK

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

Lol... even when splodge goes he probably wants to be rolled up in a giant Rizla and set on fire... Wink

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm on the patch, and I don't even smoke... Shocked these things give you one helluva buzz Laughing Shocked

No, I'm not.

Stephen this works the best, keep a hammer close by, when you get the urge to splurge, take the hammer and crack it across your fingers real hard, you'll soon forget about those cigs.

Another way, (much less painful) is to go to the local drug store, and ask the pharmacist where the Charcoal tablets are, they cost almost nothing, and they work because they help to neutralize the toxins in your body, easing the craving, the best part is that you'll have some lumps of coal like substance to give out next year at Christmas. Very Happy

Good Luck Wink you can do it

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Almost 3pm...

Craving is there...but not as intense as I thought it would be...Weird. I've also started taking a B-Complex supplement...read somewhere that B Vitamins, along with A are depleted when you smoke...OH...and something the doc prescribed to ease the "anxiety" of it all!
Wink

So far...so good!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

DP,
congrats that is great you going to quit!!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

dfwsusan wrote:
DP,
congrats that is great you going to quit!!

(notice I didn't say "trying"...)

Anyway, let me know if you want to try some patches (NicodermCQ) or anything.. I have some coming, (from a testing site)... and I don't smoke and don't need them. I'd be happy to send them to someone who could use them.
I think I will get several shipments, too!! Smile

Thanks , darlin'.
Right now, I'm trying to avoid those...But, should I feel the need I'll let ya know!
Hug

mikey

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Tobacco Sucks!.... repeat after me"... Tobacco Sucks!!! ~ amen. Cool

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Tobacco Sucks!.... repeat after me"... Tobacco Sucks!!! ~ amen. Cool

Hey Mikey!!!
Thanks!!!
Very Happy

Marx-Man

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
That one day I can wake up and NOT pick up a cigarette...

I'm a cold turkey.

Gobble.
Gobble.

I've decided that, once and for all I'm gonna do this "quitting smoking" thing.

Today is Day One.

If anyone else here has done this recently, or in the past, and has any helpful hints for me PLEASE SHARE!!!

Wink

What made me decide to do it? TO better my health? TO freshen my breath?

No.
My seven year old asked me Friday when I was going to quit...and I told her I would quit beginning today...and I can't lie to her so I'm doing it.

well good luck...

all i can say is keep one with you. just in case.

dont open it but its good to know its there plus you can always talk o it when the craving kicks in hard... say things like "why do you tourcher me..."

negative reinforcement is not as good as posotive reinforcement so everyday try to get ppl to congratulate you on your efforts make ya feel better for quitting...

hope ya see it through

nubie

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

it'll all go away! dont pick up the first one. Your daughter needs her Daddy to walk her down the aisle.....you can do it! go away from the pc and take a walk. break up the normal routine! change the routine! get out of the hpouse/office and go somewhere you never go.......take your daughter out to play!
You CAN do this!!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Alright...
9pm...end of day one...

Smoke Free all day.

Drank lots of liquids and ate lotsa candy...

Feel...Ok, at the moment. Head hurts a little...but manageable.
Very Happy
Yay me!

And thanks PSC'ers for all the support.
Means a lot.
Smile

Cheers!

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Take it one day at a time Stephen, if you can make it through one week, you'll be OK, it takes at least that long for the toxins to start to leave your body, if you have an urge, take a pile of cig butts, put them in a jar of water, let it stew, open jar and take a nice wiff of that wonderful stench, this should make you realize you're missing nothing but stench, and keep us posted on your progress, I think it will help you get through it, just ask your daughter how she feels about your quiting. Look in her eyes. Shocked

You can do it Very Happy but you have to really want to.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I Have A Dream... - Reply to topic