Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Photoshop tutorials - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 am   Reply with quote         

Is anybody interested in writing some (decent) tutorials for PSC's tutorial section?
I'd pay via Paypal.

Proc

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 am   Reply with quote         

That one i have in there now..that should be taken down..
the method is very sound but i did a poor job on that--it's old and useless.
I am certain people would do tuts .
Is there any specific direction you would want to concentrate on?
Keep it simple? Intermediate and expert involved tuts?
You want them to be CS2 and above?
Include MAC and pc options wherever possible?
Especialy shortcuts mentioned..like a pc tut you could have someone with a mac append the mac shortcuts.
Guidelines..any guidelines?

kooi

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:27 am   Reply with quote         

good questions, but i will do some too!

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:46 am   Reply with quote         

I'm not really that good at tutorials (making them that is), you'd be willing to pay us for our efforts? Smile Well most people will be willing to show how they did it... hmm that sounds like a good idea, why not have an accompaniment to standard tutorials...

"How they did it", where choppers show how they managed to do such a killer chop, things involved and such... a potential continuation of tutorials... Confused

blue_lurker

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah count me in I have a lot on text and textures...but no need to pay me I was doing them for people here any way, just to darn lazy to post the bloody things.

Let me know if ya want them and how to get them to ya there in word format so will need to be converted for the site use I think.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Yeah count me in I have a lot on text and textures...but no need to pay me I was doing them for people here any way, just to darn lazy to post the bloody things.

Let me know if ya want them and how to get them to ya there in word format so will need to be converted for the site use I think.

Use Word's "Save as Web Page" format. Then run them through HTML-Tidy (info on the free download) to clear all the IE-specific gunk. I've used this method in the past and it works really well.

Edit: Oh and this works for Macs too! I used HTML-Kit (free IDE for programming and Web work). It has HTML Tidy integrated.

Full project page: http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
I'm not really that good at tutorials (making them that is), you'd be willing to pay us for our efforts? Smile Well most people will be willing to show how they did it... hmm that sounds like a good idea, why not have an accompaniment to standard tutorials...

"How they did it", where choppers show how they managed to do such a killer chop, things involved and such... a potential continuation of tutorials... Confused

That is not a bad idea right there.
ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

Agree

armogeden

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
Is anybody interested in writing some (decent) tutorials?

I made a liquify tutorial for this site. I'm not the best for explaining things so i just read it through and it's a little hard to follow, but it covers all the basics. I resent the fact you think they're all rubbish, some people worked really hard on theirs. Evil or Very Mad

Besides, i don't see you contributing...

splodge

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I could convert some of my video tut's to pix and text, tell me what supjects you want covering, i've been threatening to do a SHADOW tut for a year now, never got arould to it Smile

Hallcross Toots

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
Procyon wrote:
Is anybody interested in writing some (decent) tutorials?

I made a liquify tutorial for this site. I'm not the best for explaining things so i just read it through and it's a little hard to follow, but it covers all the basics. I resent the fact you think they're all rubbish, some people worked really hard on theirs. Evil or Very Mad

Besides, i don't see you contributing...

Ok...hold on...Let's calm down a bit...

I THINK he just meant...decent tutorials, as in "not your everyday tuts"...I don't think he was blasting what was already up there...I don't think.

Shocked

New Boss? What says you?

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
... i've been threatening to do a SHADOW tut for a year now, never got arould to it Smile

Ha! I thought doing a SHADOW tut long time ago too! I think it's a real need on this site. Maybe I have to kick my own ass and do it! Smile

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Any specific tutorial topics wanted?

Procyon- Do you need an avatar? I can suggest a few ......such as :

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Ok...hold on...Let's calm down a bit...

I THINK he just meant...decent tutorials, as in "not your everyday tuts"...I don't think he was blasting what was already up there...I don't think.

Shocked

New Boss? What says you?

Yeah, I have to agree with DP here. I don't think Proc was downing the tuts that are already there at all! But if he is paying money for tuts, then I would assume that he wants them to be decent, or that would be wasted money!

Cool

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
I could convert some of my video tut's to pix and text, tell me what supjects you want covering, i've been threatening to do a SHADOW tut for a year now, never got arould to it Smile

Now you got a round tuit! Get ta werk!
Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Photoshop tutorials - Reply to topic