Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - What would you like changed? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
3. Threads
Nevermind.

{I'd like to ban tiny print}

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

knit_wit74 wrote:
...I've only had PS a couple weeks now, and the only tuts online are "Look, it's an eyeball!" or "Look, a planet!" or my favorite, (not).."Make your grandma look hot with this new makeover!"...

You shouldn't dismiss the tuts so quickly. Somewhere along the line a member has looked at that eyeball tutorial and had to figure out a different way to apply the techniques in the lesson. Many members spend a great deal of time creating a single entry and at other times they spend very little. Good entries are the result of experimentation and pushing yourself to see things sideways, not at face value.

arcaico

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Dot wrote:

who thought glennhanna was a girl at first....say "I"...

LMAO. Do I get more votes if I say I'm a girl?

you used to... now everyone knows you´re a guy.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

lozerkidzunited wrote:
I'm in favor of removing those pointless/silly emoticons, and leaving the original emoticons. Also, We could add a few Gordonks, and keep the penguin. [Everyone loves Penguins]

:penguin: you were taught well...

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
3. Threads
Seems that once one person makes a silly remark on a halfway serious thread EVERYONE that follows has to turn it into a bloody circus. Can we not have one serious conversation here without turning it into a joke?

No.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

knit_wit74

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
a minimum age limit Smile
did someone say tutorials,

http://www.bluetorials.com/free%20stuff/ps_tuts.html

Hey splodge, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... but I can't get your tuts to open. I right click on the folder, and "save target as", but when I go to extract it, I get an error message. Do I need a particular media player or anything installed? I just have Real and Windows Media, and neither of those will open it. What am I doing wrong?

glennhanna

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I'll be serious for a moment.

I would like to add a stat to the votes/comments/rating box to include number of times favorited. I don't necessarily need to know who favorited one of my entries, but knowing that 3 people added one of my entries to their favorites list would be fun to know. That feels just as good as winning a contest. The stat doesn't have to be public, perhaps only seen to the author of the entry.

-Glenn Hanna.... the Man

splodge

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

knit_wit74, do you have the latest flash player? all the tut's are in flash format,

Hallcross Toots
Marx-Man

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
Simply put, this thread is about what you would like changed or altered here in PSC. Remember, these are just opinions and it most likely means they will not be changed, but feel free to voice your opinions/ideas.

Okey dokey...

- Colour stylisation to the forums and front page. Having the option of having plain white, black and a variety of neutral colours would bring more interactivity to the forums and the site in general... But restricting the following areas...
...Sigs and avatar areas. People want their white bgs to be invisible...

- Also... aside from the competitions page. you could post up a a tournaments section which has a tree... once four people have signed up then the compo starts and a random PSC source is selected from the archives... once both participants have submitted the next day at the start time both images are placed side by side and the source as an icon... the idea is you pick which is the better chop. No comments

Once a winner has been voted after a set time the branch extends to the two winners and the survivor of that is the winner

- Image archive... Grouping all the current PSC archived pictures into one archive of thumbnails and hyperlinks to match

- Safari fix... Notice the forums are a bit skewed on safari... ya may wanna fix that

- Nav - drop down menus for sub-navigation would be handy and quicker

Rule clarification on signup and also more accurate rules that are enforced
I mean

Quote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws."

May be well and good... But I don’t think anyone here hasn't broken at least one those rules

A better way of putting it would probably be

Quote:
Intentionally Vulgar or Unlawful content including but not limited to scenes of a "sexual nature" posted to an intentionally extreme degree will not be tolerated and will result in a ban and possibly the administration contacting your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

You agree to refrain from intentionally posting Unlawful Content as defined by the Data Protection Act and any other applicable Copyright Laws as well as Annoying, Offensive or Unacceptable Materials.
These materials extend to but aren’t limited to Vulgar Repetition, Hate Mail and Spam as defined below...

Spam: Intentionally posting content that is generally considered unwanted and usually intended to advertise/promote materials that are not part of the PSC genre or part of an established thread.

At least then you can remove nude art if there is a complaint rather than because it’s against the rules. Because there are degrees some people can live with and degrees nobody will accept, also you leave room for mistake whilst still being able to ban the spam

and now you have a definition for spam in the rules...

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey! Marx ... or M&M! Your posts are usually too long. If you're making them shorter, maybe I'll feel to read it. Wink

O.K.!
I would like to have a new category in the PSC Record Holders...

Laughing

armogeden

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

THERE ARE MORE EMOTICONS!? Shocked No i havn't realised until now Laughing

afro < Granulated
farao < DP
batman < Dewking
pig < Yello piggy (even though it's not yellow)
reindeer < reinman

etc.

armo has spoken!

anfa

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Hey! Marx ... or M&M! Your posts are usually too long. If you're making them shorter, maybe I'll feel to read it. Wink

O.K.!
I would like to have a new category in the PSC Record Holders...

Laughing

Baby Seal Clubbers are almost as cockey as the the Clog Wearing Windmill Lovers!! Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

whew...read the entire thread...

LOL at Claf!

DP, comments section was made for just that. As long as there's no disrespect for the "author," what's wrong w/ questioning an image, or making a suggestion, or stating an opinion?

Tracy...knew you're a guy, you too GlennHanna, Anabrin's always been a great chop chick...hmmm, not certain 'bout Anfa though. Although there's been ALOT of rumors...

(silly emoticon of your choice)
Razz

arcaico

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
hmmm, not certain 'bout Anfa though. Although there's been ALOT of rumors...

Anfa is a chick!! Everybody knows that!! Ask Splodge... Twisted Evil

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I wouldn't change anything....the site is really starting to be fun again. Well...now that u mention it...i would have head to head tournaments at least 2 to 3 times a year...

http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/contests.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - What would you like changed? - Reply to topic