Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Adobe CS3 has no IMAGEREADY - Reply to topic

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

After looking through all the new bundles of programs that adobe has released with CS3....i noticed that adobe is no longer going to have imageready in the cs3 version. They are going to use fireworks instead. That means if you want to continue using imageready....you need to keep your older version (cs2,cs,...etc). Plus...adobe is selling the programs in bundles instead of individually. That is a sort of all or nothing approach to selling. This isn't good if you have no need for the other programs. Your forced into buying the bloated bundles. Also Indesign has a few issues on the mac side of the spectrum too.

If you're in the US or Canada, you're lucky because you will get the upgrade at a reasonable price... 599 USD for the design Bundle is, I think, reasonable given all the cool new developments included!

The Europeans though, will have to pay up to 125% more, for some inexplicable reason, for exactly the same product.

In short:
Upgrade, english, mac / US-Canada: 599 USD (Design Bundle)
same product / Switzerland: 880 USD (50% increase...)
same product / France: 1'354 USD (125% increase...)

-dbbowling

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

It was to my understanding, that most of imageready's features are now incorporated in photoshop (animation being the most notable).

Some of them are being incorporated in Fireworks. eg. rollovers, image maps and web UI elements.

At least that's what I've heared, I haven't got a copy of cs3 nor downloaded the beta version, so I can not verify this.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

I used Fireworks for years. It always had rollovers, image map creation tools, vector support, etc. At least every version that I used. It also integrates great with Flash. I'll bet that's why Adobe is going with it.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah...imageready has run its course.

seamusoisin

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

[The Europeans though, will have to pay up to 125% more, for some inexplicable reason, for exactly the same product.

In short:
Upgrade, english, mac / US-Canada: 599 USD (Design Bundle)
same product / Switzerland: 880 USD (50% increase...)
same product / France: 1'354 USD (125% increase...)

-dbbowling[/quote]

Greedy buggers, just encourages cracks. ImageReady never coded well anyway. The enhanced version of CS3 has some new features for vanishing point. Would be very time saving for Graphic designers

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
cafn8d

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

The only thing I can think of are the posts, started by Couldb5150, concerning reproducing paper money for artistic purposes (in Micose's needing help thread). Starts here. There was a trick that ImageReady will willingly open graphics of money and Photoshop never questions files sent to it by ImageReady. I don't think this "problem" will affect most users... but Couldb might want to be aware of it. Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Adobe CS3 has no IMAGEREADY - Reply to topic