Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - New Business Logo - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

scion, that logo a few posts above is the company logo, I was asking for a location logo in my first post. that was just there to give the company logo so people could work with it if they wanted.

also, the company is marking to boys, and hoping that older guys/men will decide to get one as well if they are with their child in the store....the cars are actually quite cool.

ALSO, as for the stores being on their way out....they generated $437 million in revenue in 2006, up 21 percent from $362 million the year before. Those seem like decent numbers and improvements to me so if it does go out it might be awhile and after a lot of money gained.

splodge

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

i think the impotant thing is,,,, we stoped spam ?

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't understand how a member of this site nicely asking people IF they would like to participate in a fun contest spam? That doesn't make sense to me.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

ncsubrad wrote:
I don't understand how a member of this site nicely asking people IF they would like to participate in a fun contest spam? That doesn't make sense to me.

Brad...please don't take it personally. This site's been having a continuing onslaught of really, really bad spam. As you can imagine, it wasn't welcome. Our new mods decided to make a few adjustments to ensure that it won't continue. YAY MODS Smile

Your request has been taken seriously. You probably will get several kind-hearted logos as a result.

That's how we roll...

Welcome to PSC...and your mega-marketing idea. Hopefully, we'll see ya on The Apprentice someday! Wink

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks Eve Smile I have met some really nice people on here so I was just suprised to be attacked with insults/sarcasm. And as for the Apprentice, I watch it every week and actually do hope to be on there Wink haha

ScionShade

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

A. The logo is still good stuff, I dont understand why ya wont put the location name next to it and keep it.
B. The stores are definately on their way out for the reasons i stated.
C. If you take a comment about switchin' gorilla bodies and donkey heads seriously.....wow.

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

A. Think Hard Rock Cafe....different shirts/products for different locations. Same concept....all i was asking for was a quick nice Myrtle Beach logo that could identify that location.
B. Everyone can have their own opinion
C. I didn't

deshone

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

So they made $437 million and still want a free logo?
WTF ...

Oscar

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:42 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:43 am   Reply with quote         

Desh to the rescue woooo haaaar Laughing

Oscar

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:46 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Desh to the rescue woooo haaaar Laughing

Mark is up late Very Happy
Fuc'n dial-up takes forever

splodge

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

sorry ncsubrad, just RIDING you, 3 more text posts and you can post your own links

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:50 am   Reply with quote         

up late Laughing naaaah been up since 5am FC, just been doing some saturday shaped chores and such Very Happy

claude edwards

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

Small critique.The logo you showed us had these problems. The text sloping can be a major problem to non-english speaking customers and is generally not used much now. The color changeout leaves one wondering which word is the important one. The eye will gravitate to the brighter colored one. You will see exceptionally few professionally designed logos now that incorporate both an icon and text. Reason is that research has shown that in a quick glance people cannot and do not read both.
Logos mostly now use distinctive text to brand the product. To the extent that it is a registered property and is intended to always belong with the product it represents. This has the advantage that it can be sold as an interlectual property in the future. Clean simple text is easily seen and appreciated by the majority of the public..It may be simple AND decorative, to enhance and/or explain the product properties. The most visible colors to the human eye are yellow on black. This applies to distance viewing and miniaturisation of the logo. The logo must be able to be reduced to the smallest needed size e.g letterhaeds and still hold up, in print and brochures etc. TV and computer monitors are not suitable for looking at final logos except to the extent that they are made with the correct dpi in mind.
So then the things for a small business to have in mind are visibility, rememberability, sizing from smallest to largest, Branding, the importance of the locations versus the brand name. i.e. You have just seconds of customer attention. The brand name should be promoted to the extent that the potential customer if interested takes a closer look to see where the product can be obtained. As a locator the location tells people in that area that the product is a) available and b) that the shop is located at xy address.
There is a lot more to logo creation in regards to sales and marketing but I hope this is helpful to the readers and the enquirer. Bear in mind that big corpoorations would expect to pay around $200k plus for their identity logo and much more in promoting it as well. I have made 5 that illustrate the above.

MindGraph

Post Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:45 am   Reply with quote         

not sure if this is in the right direction or not but?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - New Business Logo - Reply to topic