Might I suggest that, for all future H2H's, there be
1. A consistent date for the event. Say it starts the first Monday in June for example.
2. A consistent sign-up period with a set deadline for when they end. Using the above example, have sign-ups be the first three weeks in the month of May. That time-frame would be clearly specified in the mass email that goes out to all the registered members. Then if they don't make the sign-up it's not PSC's fault. The remaining time between the deadline and event start would be used to iron out any changes needed in the bracket system.
3. A visible listing of everyone who has signed up. Some members may see that someone isn't signed up and be willing to contact them outside of normal PSC-related channels. This would help catch those that didn't get the email (spam filtered perhaps) or haven't visited PSC in a while.
4. A significant and a visible announcement
on the top of all
pages on PSC. Others have suggested this before as not everyone reads the news items or pays attention to the forums. A simple script would hide the announcement if a member is already signed up for the event to get rid of the "nag" factor.
5. Keep the segmented bracket solution with first-round byes for the power players to help eliminate the odd-man-out scenario like we had last year. If there's an odd number of entrants signed up then have later round byes as needed. Or even have a lottery-draw for a bye in the first round so the first-round is basically the wild-card round.
6. Increase the prize value. That's a non-sense actually. Anfa already won a laptop for a single contest. I mean... This shite is hard to win my firends [sic]!! You got to give THE man some credits. (Lifetime adv wasn't a bad start for the first 4)
7. At the end of sign-up the number of entries must be an exponent of 2 or divisible by 4 correct (so the brackets work out)? So if there's 95 entries does that mean the last 3 to sign-up are out? Or should it be the bottom 3 seeds based on PSCore?
Why I do believe it's pants-less o'clock! - Lar deSouza
”The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” - Frank Zappa
Created using photoshop and absolutely no talent. - reyrey