Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting Reasons - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Fri May 11, 2007 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand that there are different qualties to a image that can be voted on and in encourage it so .....

however, i have this pet piv.... which is that i believe every image should have at least good quality and look like time was spent on it before it should even recieve credit based on the other categories.... this is only my opinion thus far and it may well stay that way .. but that oks .. i was just wondering what everyone else's opinions might be.

Oscar

Post Sat May 12, 2007 1:00 am   Reply with quote         

Some chops are born with a star, some others are just crap.

Post Sat May 12, 2007 1:54 am   Reply with quote         

ok... i have realized that a few of the images in the contest area aren't what i would call(my own opinion) ... decent image...with poor qualities all around ... yet they are still in some of the top spots in votes ... this confuses me a lot ... lol

ScionShade

Post Sat May 12, 2007 3:40 am   Reply with quote         

as a new user, give it a chance...I personally think the voting gets real odd too, but at the same time....forget the voting for a little bit..this place is like a photoshop bootcamp and you'll get a lot more out of this place than ya might expect. I can't say that about any other graphics site unless you wanna only learn a specific overdone style like manga or goth.
Whatever yer thinking do not sell yerself short and stick around a while...you'll see.
And Hi and welcome to PSC.

aliased

Post Sat May 12, 2007 3:49 am   Reply with quote         

I think osukid is right. Of course opinions differ on what makes a good chop, but it seems like many people see a pretty image and hit the vote button without taking the time to really see how much effort went into it.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat May 12, 2007 4:26 am   Reply with quote         

the red robot with the large yellow eyes is speaking sense

Meaty

Post Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 am   Reply with quote         

Voting here on PSC is a strange thing osukid, dont try to make sence of it, the best piece ive ever done here only came 6th and some of my worst pieces have come within the top 3. Just vote on what you think deserves a vote.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat May 12, 2007 5:09 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked the book, in your siggy Meaty..... It makes no sense, what witchcraft is this

Post Sat May 12, 2007 7:32 am   Reply with quote         

yeah, I'm curious too...abt the book...meaty's. Witchcraft is your hobby?

Post Sat May 12, 2007 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

I decided today to give link to the ext.source image if used...always. It helps the viewer to assess and vote, and me to receive good critique comments as the one Marco gave.Thanx Marco!

Post Sat May 12, 2007 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

lol, i wasnt planning on leaving im beggining to like this place.... it shows a wide variety of ideas and concepts ...

hmm ill have to think about this voting thing lol .. i will eveter contests ... but maybe instead on spending an hour on an image maybe ill spend a day lol

Granulated

Post Sat May 12, 2007 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
the red robot with the large yellow eyes is speaking sense

no sh*t !

ScionShade

Post Sat May 12, 2007 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

aliased wrote:
I think osukid is right. Of course opinions differ on what makes a good chop, but it seems like many people see a pretty image and hit the vote button without taking the time to really see how much effort went into it.

pretty image plus a name they know, and yeah..it's way out of control.

Sleepyeyed

Post Thu May 31, 2007 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I hear everyone on this issue. My images aren't the greatest, but I'd like to see them get more than one vote over the course of a couple days. I really can't understand why somebody would get 20 votes for something that is obviously hacked with a chainsaw over something I made that looks pretty smooth. I can't wait until my 10th image goes up. Then I can vote as well. BTW: does everyone use up all their votes or do you use them sparingly?

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
as a new user, give it a chance...I personally think the voting gets real odd too, but at the same time....forget the voting for a little bit..this place is like a photoshop bootcamp and you'll get a lot more out of this place than ya might expect. I can't say that about any other graphics site unless you wanna only learn a specific overdone style like manga or goth.
Whatever yer thinking do not sell yerself short and stick around a while...you'll see.
And Hi and welcome to PSC.

I agree with that, not all chops are born with a "star". Most of us here started off as newbs, chopping crappy chops (including myself Razz), through time and practice, we've improved, but even on occasion we'd have a dud chop for a day for some reason or another...

So basically, if your a newbie that has very little experience in Photoshop, don't worry, with time and practice you'll improve. Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting Reasons - Reply to topic