Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Design the chat page - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 am   Reply with quote         

please reinstall the [heart]...it drives most the guys nuts and makes for more fun.

Please
Hug

irishstu

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with putting the post thing at the top. Or how about an option to choose to have it at the top or bottom? Is that possible?

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 am   Reply with quote         

just have the pop up box option on, it negates where the input box is Razz

splodge

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:14 am   Reply with quote         

text box at the top or floating, cant remember the code "this = find nextHighestLayer();" would do it in flash it would then be a drag and drop text box,
bring back avatars if the plebs insist on it, but non animated avatars,
darken the pages i bit, all this white is too sterile/cold

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

irishstu wrote:
I agree with putting the post thing at the top. Or how about an option to choose to have it at the top or bottom? Is that possible?

If the box is inside a DIV tag then CSS sheets could be used to place it wherever the user wanted it. Very simple modification. Very Happy

nevet

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

what did the old chat look like? anybody have screenshots?

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

Old chat is basically exactly what we have now for advantage chat. As far as I know..

cafn8d

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

Can't believe I still have these! Laughing One of the assignments in Scavenger Hunt IV (or SHIV) was to flatter the guest judge in any way possible, so these screenshots were taken and submitted as proof...

This was when it was one chat, before any changes were made on the way to creating AdvantaChat.

The soft gray background color, the page numbers at top AND bottom (not shown), and the DATE included in the timestamp are all things I would prefer over the current chat format.... the date would be especially useful sometimes for the message-board public chat we have now.

MoLinKo

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

You should be able to go to web.archive.org type in photoshopcontest.com and see what the chat room looked like in all it's versions.

cafn8d

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

This might be more "function," but may help enhance the looks: One suggestion I had made to JMH a long time ago, and I don't know whether others have made it as well, is to develop a library of "acceptable images" which may be used in the public chat. No, this isn't as much fun as hotlinking to goodness knows what from the Internet, but it would be a start... It may lead to some additional fun if you set up a method for users to submit (copyright-free) images for free use in the chat image library. Contest entry and source images' (intermediate-sized) thumbnails could be automatically included as each contest closes.

Eve's [heart] was a cheery, red heart included in the chat code. I agree it would be a nice touch to have that back. Certainly, the collection of smilies could be added as well. :gordonk:

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
Hey,

This isn't a contest, but since I will be working on the redesign of the chat page I might as well get some ideas from you guys, as you'll be the ones using it. So feel free to design a chat page and post it here. Doesn't have to be very accurate, but should kinda show me how you guys want it set up. :gordonkl:

Clarification. I'm looking for DESIGN (looks) and not functionality suggestions.

Does this mean we're going back to one chat room?

MindGraph

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
please reinstall the [heart]...it drives most the guys nuts and makes for more fun.

Please
Hug

woo woo Mortisha!! Wink Wink

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

No, there's going to be a third chat room where you have to purchase Advantage Plus in order to access it. That way not only will it filter out all the Non-Advantage riff raff, it'll also weed out the Basic Advantage riff raff as well.

True - Marco and TheShaman will be the only ones willing to pay the exhorbitant price for this exclusive access, but it wouldn't be exclusive if everyone could afford it... right?!

Razz

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Procyon wrote:
Hey,

This isn't a contest, but since I will be working on the redesign of the chat page I might as well get some ideas from you guys, as you'll be the ones using it. So feel free to design a chat page and post it here. Doesn't have to be very accurate, but should kinda show me how you guys want it set up. :gordonkl:

Clarification. I'm looking for DESIGN (looks) and not functionality suggestions.

Maybe! Surprised

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Design the chat page - Reply to topic