Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - PHOTOSHOP CS3 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

I've got CS3 extended, too. So far, nothing about it has particularly impressed me and there are lots of annoying little quirks that makes me want to go back to CS2...

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I've got CS3 extended, too. So far, nothing about it has particularly impressed me and there are lots of annoying little quirks that makes me want to go back to CS2...

Isn't that the way with most new software. I had the same feeling when I upgraded to Office 2007, persevere it will pay off in the end. I've just had a quick peep at the new selection tools and have to say they look impressive and a great improvement.

cafn8d

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

It works a little differently than I was used to, but so far I really like CS3, and definitely prefer it over my "old" CS(1). I'm not sure the Extended version was worth the extra money, though... It doesn't RENDER 3D graphics (like I thought), but can EDIT such graphics imported into it from other programs. I don't have a 3D rendering program.... yet.

Hal23

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

I rarely go for a versions in order as they appear. I usualy skip to every second or even third. Then I get plenty of news and new tools and options:)

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

i,ve had PS CS2 since it came out, hardly ever use it, PS7 still works fine for me, faster, more streamline, i've tryed flash CS3 not impresed

Hallcross Toots

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

I'm with Splodge.

PS7 all the way!

Cool

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I'm with Splodge.

PS7 all the way!

Cool

mostly so am I. There are a couple things in CS2 that I love though.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:

some things work a hell of a lot faster

ReinMan

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

On my intelMAC CS3 is definately faster. The photoshop part of the Suite has got some neat things - the smart filters is cool if you are a person that has "commitment" issues. Wink
It has a bunch of funky little changes that, at first, seem to slow me down but once you get the groove it is dandy.

I agree with the above person that I agree with - any new upgrade tends to feel like "OH SHIT WHY DID THEY CHANGE THAT?" but once you get into the wigglewaggle with it all becomes smoother and better.

I was lucky - Adobe gave me an upgrade from my CS2 for noCharge, so I thought "why the hell not?". So far there isn't that much that is really different in operation from CS2, but if I had CS1 I'd definately upgrade. Again, I agree with the other person above that I agree with that upgrading every OTHER revision is a smart way to go. One of the best things about CS2/3 is the way you can grab multiple layers easily like any other graphics program. Also the way you can RIGHT CLICK (Control CLICK on MAC) and get not only the brush SIZE but the brush SOFTNESS right away.

Okay - I seem to be uncharacteristically typing a lot. Razz

Sorry.

I'll go back to my rock now...

*skuttle skuttle skuttle*

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice. Thank you for the information.

MiTcH

berurier

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:59 am   Reply with quote         

i have ps CS2 and dont have any trouble to run on my computer, i want to know if CS3 need alot more rams or memories. im kind of scared to buy CS3.
did someone got problems running CS3?

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

i cant say much as far as improvements, although the quick selection tool is super nice. i would like to see some control over the amount of tolerance for the quick select, but it is what it is. i can say that since upgrading from cs2 i have recieved more votes on my daily entries, that i think is a result of the cs3 actually allowing a newbie to produce quality work. i only upgraded because i am new to the whole photoshop chop thingeeeee...and if im going to learn i might as well start with the latest version.
remember all of the prior statement was from a newbie non advantage member so take it for what you will. Shocked

all taxes and tag applicable

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

Wow..some tuts very impress me. thanks for the post. u guys save my time. Smile

Post Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

malcinbl wrote:
zoom27 wrote:
how much is cs3?

Do people actually buy it???

i bought my cs2

btw, the best feature of cs3....image>adjustments>black and white

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - PHOTOSHOP CS3 - Reply to topic