Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Please remove doubled entry - Reply to topic

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

Somehow I did it again I need a removal of jpg it is duplicated and I am sorry about this happening.. don't know why it's happening but can a mod take it down? Or do I just delete everything and try again? Thank you,

ScionShade

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

I know some folks would balk at the effect this might have on stats, but
I still think it's an idea worth thinking through and not rejecting on a kneejerk response as PSC tradition usually dictates but,...................
In forums you may delete your own post up until the time that someone responds to it, or more simply put, up until the time someone else makes a post in that same thread.
I personally would appreciate seeing this with contest entries.
The idea being.............
Up until the time someone post a comment or vote on your entry you may delete it. (STOP! with the kneejerk response, shut up and listen, or move the hell along) It comes with several benefits. Double post can be handled readily by the poster. Idiotic acts of posting mutilated penises will be afforded a moment longer for any sane person to realize their mistake and correct it. Don't assume there will be no more ZERO vote posts, but there will be less....the poster who takes advantage of scrapping a poorly done job also has the opportunity to rid their portfolio of this embarrassment while at the same time saving precious moments of my life where i wont have to click on it.
I humbly ask that you think about it a moment instead of your usual whining. A simple act that increases all of PSC's overall quality as viewed by anyone that comes here directly effects the sites income _REVENUE_ potential which DIRECTLY EFFECTS the viability and health of this site in the LONGGGGGGGGG view.
Yer all damned lucky PSC lasted the years it has, Yer Damned lucky JMH
considered it to have a value worth passing on to a new owner rather than just folding up. You'll be double damned lucky if a kid that's likely to be successful in real life, and who now owns this site, is able to waste valuable time keeping this place going when his career takes over, not to mention wife and kids, wait--we're right where we were with Jeremy allover again....anyway, this place best have a dollar value worth Procs time to pass on if you wanna be able to click on your portfolio in twenty years to show the kids, or grankids. WHATEVER!

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

no offense, I tried to figure out how that worked for this removal are you saying just delete the damn thing and retry or??????????????????? I don't know that my poor double post merited all that but somehow I don't think you are really talking about me posting twice accidently? Or if you are then I got lost. So in plain English what do you suggest I do? Not being a smartass on this question truly now very confused. Thanks Very Happy

splodge

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

done

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

whew thanks, I see there was no delete button for me to yank it down myself Very Happy

splodge

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
whew thanks, I see there was no delete button for me to yank it down myself Very Happy

not until the contest is over, we dont want .ppl deleting pix because they're not getting enough votes Smile

Hallcross Toots

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

touche

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Please remove doubled entry - Reply to topic