Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - animated vs. stills - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
None have ever looked at them and thought, "well, you were 10 votes short of the win, I'm sorry, we're going with Marcoballistic." Wink

Laughing Wink

FootFungas

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

Not true at all, vokaris.

My first thought was, yes it would be good to separate the two. But, in the meantime I have read the comments, looked at examples of gif work, written emails, thought about many other things, but all to do with people, and then I noticed the image of an apple and an orange.

And then I knew. There is no need for separate entries. There is just a need for close minded choppers to open up to differences in creativity.

Apples and oranges are FRUIT - both are good for you, some people hate apples others hate oranges. But even when you hate both, there are other kinds of good fruit, like berries. Or nuts.

We are creating something from a given. Yesterday ScionShade was all worked up about the fact that nobody dared step outside the box with the given Book of the Dead. And in that picture you see a sculpted creation, somebody’s 3D take on what comes with the Book of the Dead. I didn't want to do anything with that picture at first. Because it is a picture of somebodies creation. Like taking a winning entry here on PSC and telling people to make something new with it.

Maybe that was why the entries all looked the same. Dare to destroy and recreate a creation.

I wanted to make a gif, but I ended up making a still image of the essence of the gif I had in mind. My book of shadows entry. And it looks like a painting now. So, 3D ending up in a painting but wanting to be a gif.

Other times I worked on a photo and it began to tell me a story. Like with the Big Truck. I wanted the boy to do fun stuff skating on his little Tonka, to show off the man who stands small next to the Big Truck. Then I noticed the dog underneath the big truck. And I recreated him into the frames. And then my story was complete. But I only had one Tonka and in a still frame you can't make the boy lose the toy and make the dog get away with it. So I created a gif. All I need to do now is find a way to do more frames - and keep it small at the same time, so it wouldn't go so fast. But hé, it is a start and the story is out there. And the dog won.

I loved creating the dog, from a blob. Nobody even noticed the dog. Who cares. I could have gotten a picture of a dog from the Internet. But I didn't.

And if I put my boy and the dog in all their goofyness on one frame, and had made that an entry, who knows, people might have sayd I was thinking outside the box, creating a gif inside one frame like that. But I didn't. Because at the time, a moving image seemed to be the best way to express myself.

If you ask me at the moment - separate entries for gif and stills, I change my opinion in NO. Why would you. And don't even ask others about it. It will only show that some people can't see what other people are trying to do with their entries.

Each person here on PSC has their own way of making something work for them. That is the key word. It is their view on an image. And that works for others or it doesn't. Some days I like work by people I call my PSC friends, other times I don't get it. And then I look at it another day, and perhaps I will see something different in it then. That's the influence of mood as well as frustration, or envy, call it what you like. Most of the time I see other peoples work as a window on what is possible, how to step outside my own little frame of mind and dare to venture into new worlds.

I know that taking photo shopping up again, after so many years of not doing anything at all (online that is), I also want to get back at real painting, with paintbrushes on real canvas. Something I couldn't do a lot longer.
Being here on PSC is a creative challenge. And the fact that other people tell you they like what you did, or give advise on how to do things more easy next time, that is a miracle. Let’s keep the peace here, and the way things are.

At least until 99% of people has access to new methods of photo manipulation. Then you can add that, but not separate it from the rest. Nitpicking, that's what I would define choice between gif and one frame.

Having said that, can somebody email me and explain what VECTOR is?

Just kidding (although I don't know what it is)

Anna

Please optimize your posts, this one is 819 words. Typically they should be around 3-4 words. Thanks!

welan

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

WHAT NO GIFS ? Then just what the heck is santa supposed to bring me for christmas ? He will be out of a job ..not to mention all the unemployed elfs, they will starve .... Thanks alot ! You have just ruin Christmas ! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

annajon

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
annajon wrote:

Not true at all, vokaris.

My first thought was, yes it would be good to separate the two. But, in the meantime I have read the comments, looked at examples of gif work, written emails, thought about many other things, but all to do with people, and then I noticed the image of an apple and an orange.

Yada Yada Yada ... (y 'can read it all above)

Just kidding (although I don't know what it is)

Anna

Please optimize your posts, this one is 819 words. Typically they should be around 3-4 words. Thanks!

Dear FootFungas, You.... (to be continued) Cool Idea

FootFungas

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

Dear FootFungas, You.... (to be continued) Cool Idea

Nice! its good and vaugue, people get bored if you have a so called "point" or "message". Try spouting random words like "I am the Walrus" or "Beaver", those work well.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - animated vs. stills - Reply to topic