Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

MindGraph

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll take all the help I can get. Actually if I can figure it out I was going to link everyones name to their portfolio here. cyclops

Sassy

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
I'll take all the help I can get. Actually if I can figure it out I was going to link everyones name to their portfolio here. cyclops

Hmmmm can't you just take the URL from the PF page and just post it as a link with >Click here for Mindgraphs work< or am I simplifying something more complicated??? Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

it's just me and my newness to this stuff. I'm messing with some things and it's starting to make sense. I have the site that's posted now at home so I'll try it when I get there. I think I just have to highlight your name and link it to your portfolio....that easy Idea

annajon

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

Hmmmm can't you just take the URL from the PF page and just post it as a link with >Click here for Mindgraphs work< or am I simplifying something more complicated??? Rolling Eyes

Perhaps a list of the names under the thumbnails, with the names being the link to the portfolio's on PSC. I don't think you can link the thumbnails to a bigger image and an outside link. Or it should be that you have the back to the home page plus a open profile on PSC in new page. It would have to be open in a new page, because you will want to keep people on your page.

FootFungas

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

AWESOME!!!

Mindgraph, some Ideas.
The gallery looks nice, some thing you probably wanna do though.
Turn the member names under the photos to hyperlinks.
So, when you click on "MindGraph" it will take you to "http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15114"
(your profile)

And on the homepage where it says
Quote:
Compliments of B98 FM and Photoshopcontest.com

you can link B98 FM to whatever their site is and Photoshopcontest.com to Photoshopcontest.com

And on the front page if you had a link to this contest thread, that would be nice too.

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:

ask gref for help?

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
it's just me and my newness to this stuff. I'm messing with some things and it's starting to make sense. I have the site that's posted now at home so I'll try it when I get there. I think I just have to highlight your name and link it to your portfolio....that easy Idea

I can help you out if needed. Wink

Kansas

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

OK.. now for a moment to let you all know how profound this all really is....

He was being shuffled from 4 different stations to do radio interviews and a TV interview.. I pulled him into a studio to quickly sign all 17 of the images I printed...

I said.. YO just sign them.. The PSC folks will be very grateful for a signature. You don't need to take a lot of time with them. I only say this because I had everyone there wanting a piece of him....

Instead what happened was a beautiful thing. HE WAS IMPRESSED. He took time to hear about each of the artists and then took a moment to think up something clever to put on EACH piece.

That's right.. EACH piece.

Then when I took all the photo's back.. he was said,"WOW I don't get copies??? I had printed off a few for him to keep. I framed one and printed a couple more. I figure Mindgraphs link would work for him....But he looked so disappointed not to have all the photo's...

So I just got back from Jet Printing and had all of your photo's bound with a cover. It has DP's movie cover, a Title page with Credits to www.photoshopcontest.com as well as MG's link.

The bottom line is I think you guys could go crazy making Gifs or whatever.. I know he will in fact look at anything and everything you guys make for him. Very friendly and we definitely won him over bigtime!

I think we should start a clean Don Lafontaine link and only post finished work. NO TEXT, no REPlIES.. just solid work that he could easily show off to his hollywood buddies.. This Thread is Great, but a Thread that is portfolio like with gifs and such would go a long way to help promote this site even further. If He's done 5000 movie trailers... I'm sure he has some pretty cool friends!!!! Wink

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Neato. Links to the high-res images would be cool. GIF's, too? I wonder what file size limit there would be.

Sassy

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

VERY KEWL...when you send them ask for Hi-Res Pictures to be scanned to MG or You Kathy

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Man I would love to see how that book turned out. Very Happy

Soooooo which one did you choose to get framed? Can we know?

Kansas

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Yo... JUst returned from Opening night at the film festival. My Friend who is on the Board of the Film Festival is obsessed with the book made from all the artwork you guys did. Tofu's made the cover because it covers who, what, when and how.. plus it has Photoshopcontest.com right there.. So that is the cover and we printed all the photo's on thick photo paper so it makes for a solid book. We also included an autograph page and everyone from the festival is signing it as a gift to give Don at the end of the festival... A huge amount of coverage for PSC this week and weekend!

Thanks everyone.. I felt very proud knowing you guys came through in a BIG Hollywood kind of way...

Oh did I tell you what his agent said!!! Holy Shit!! That's Flipping amazing.. Where can I get a copy?

So there you have it....Good night for now.. more updates soon.

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:37 am   Reply with quote         

KEWL ....very KEWL Cool Cool

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

Great work Kansas!!!

anabrin

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

Great work indeed!! thumleft

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic