Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
Yo... JUst returned from Opening night at the film festival. My Friend who is on the Board of the Film Festival is obsessed with the book made from all the artwork you guys did. Tofu's made the cover because it covers who, what, when and how.. plus it has Photoshopcontest.com right there.. So that is the cover and we printed all the photo's on thick photo paper so it makes for a solid book. We also included an autograph page and everyone from the festival is signing it as a gift to give Don at the end of the festival... A huge amount of coverage for PSC this week and weekend!

Thanks everyone.. I felt very proud knowing you guys came through in a BIG Hollywood kind of way...

Oh did I tell you what his agent said!!! Holy Shit!! That's Flipping amazing.. Where can I get a copy?

So there you have it....Good night for now.. more updates soon.

I'm all giddy. Mr. Green

My wife thinks it's cool that my pic was used for the cover but she doesn't get what the excitement is all about. As she put it "it's not like it's Tom Cruise or something". Mad

But I'm still all giddy. Razz

FootFungas

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
Oh did I tell you what his agent said!!! Holy Shit!! That's Flipping amazing.. Where can I get a copy?

Awesome!
you of course replied and told him it was 29.95 a copy, right?

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

I visited Don LaFontaine's website. It was interesting, but then I Googled him and ended up at YouTube--and was fascinated. There are a number of samples of his work there, and some interviews. There's some funny stuff, too. I really enjoyed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw&mode=related&search= Yes, that's him clean shaven. Figured I shouldn't be the only one laughing. Laughing

MindGraph

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

saw that video Laughing Laughing Laughing
love how the Disney guy is dressed all bright and happy compared to the other ones

MindGraph

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
OK.. now for a moment to let you all know how profound this all really is....

He was being shuffled from 4 different stations to do radio interviews and a TV interview.. I pulled him into a studio to quickly sign all 17 of the images I printed...

I said.. YO just sign them.. The PSC folks will be very grateful for a signature. You don't need to take a lot of time with them. I only say this because I had everyone there wanting a piece of him....

Instead what happened was a beautiful thing. HE WAS IMPRESSED. He took time to hear about each of the artists and then took a moment to think up something clever to put on EACH piece.

That's right.. EACH piece.

Then when I took all the photo's back.. he was said,"WOW I don't get copies??? I had printed off a few for him to keep. I framed one and printed a couple more. I figure Mindgraphs link would work for him....But he looked so disappointed not to have all the photo's...

So I just got back from Jet Printing and had all of your photo's bound with a cover. It has DP's movie cover, a Title page with Credits to www.photoshopcontest.com as well as MG's link.

The bottom line is I think you guys could go crazy making Gifs or whatever.. I know he will in fact look at anything and everything you guys make for him. Very friendly and we definitely won him over bigtime!

I think we should start a clean Don Lafontaine link and only post finished work. NO TEXT, no REPlIES.. just solid work that he could easily show off to his hollywood buddies.. This Thread is Great, but a Thread that is portfolio like with gifs and such would go a long way to help promote this site even further. If He's done 5000 movie trailers... I'm sure he has some pretty cool friends!!!! Wink

Thanks for sharing Kathy! That is so cool! May not be used to people doing something for him. Seems like he's spent alot of his life helping others. I would be happy to keep updating the website if anyone wants to send me their additions. If anyone comes across pics of him please share. It's hard to find big enough pics to work with of him.

Micose

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
OK.. now for a moment to let you all know how profound this all really is....

He was being shuffled from 4 different stations to do radio interviews and a TV interview.. I pulled him into a studio to quickly sign all 17 of the images I printed...

I said.. YO just sign them.. The PSC folks will be very grateful for a signature. You don't need to take a lot of time with them. I only say this because I had everyone there wanting a piece of him....

Instead what happened was a beautiful thing. HE WAS IMPRESSED. He took time to hear about each of the artists and then took a moment to think up something clever to put on EACH piece.

That's right.. EACH piece.

Then when I took all the photo's back.. he was said,"WOW I don't get copies??? I had printed off a few for him to keep. I framed one and printed a couple more. I figure Mindgraphs link would work for him....But he looked so disappointed not to have all the photo's...

So I just got back from Jet Printing and had all of your photo's bound with a cover. It has DP's movie cover, a Title page with Credits to www.photoshopcontest.com as well as MG's link.

The bottom line is I think you guys could go crazy making Gifs or whatever.. I know he will in fact look at anything and everything you guys make for him. Very friendly and we definitely won him over bigtime!

I think we should start a clean Don Lafontaine link and only post finished work. NO TEXT, no REPlIES.. just solid work that he could easily show off to his hollywood buddies.. This Thread is Great, but a Thread that is portfolio like with gifs and such would go a long way to help promote this site even further. If He's done 5000 movie trailers... I'm sure he has some pretty cool friends!!!! Wink

awesome! Glad hes pleased by our funny creative family! coool.... Very Happy

great idea the portofolio, we need a place like this...
Kansas

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

Ok.......The time is now.. GIFS, more Artistic photoshopped posts... ALL will be appreciated.

I just spent the entire weekend with Don LaFontaine and his agent.

My new project is to create a HUGE media blitz in order to get Don's well Deserved Star on the Hollywood walk of fame.

So from here on out anything you come up with will all be seen by Don and his Agent.

Fun fun fun..

They love you guys!

Once he gets settled from the Tall Grass Film Festival he will be linking you guys to his site!

What is the best way to move forward?

Should we make a clean link to only post gifs and posts with no words? kind of a portfolio type entry?

Let me know...

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:45 am   Reply with quote         

The question earlier was, do you have some good high rez photo's to work from, Kansas, because what is on the Internet is blurry and small.

The idea of a portfolio is great, and I am sure there will be more idea's around.

Mir

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
The question earlier was, do you have some good high rez photo's to work from, Kansas, because what is on the Internet is blurry and small.

The idea of a portfolio is great, and I am sure there will be more idea's around.

I agree, we need some good images to work from

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
annajon wrote:

I agree, we need some good images to work from

Double ditto.

Alsooooo..... Since the agent asked about the book have you ever thought of putting it up on LuLu.Com?

Could at least be a fund raiser book idea for the next time we do something like this for a B98 celebrity interview. Very Happy

Sassy

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi-Resolution Pics...Mine would have been bigger if not for the blur factor.. Sad

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I should have taken better pictures when I was hangin out this weekend.. Let me sort through stuff and we'll see what we can do.. Also, The film festival brought in a top photgrapher that shoots at Sundance. We will be getting photo's from that disk as well.

Stay tuned and be creative!

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Confused creativity....draining...............need pale ......pic...tures.....soon shakng2

Kansas

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

OK.... MINDGRAPH HAS A FEW HIGH RES ONES in his e-mail.. He's Brilliant.. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get something to you guys... I will have some awesome ones from the guy thats a real photographer soon...

I hope that gets things moving...

Post Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Got em Kathy! Thanks! I'll make an ftp site tomorrow when I get to work through my website and then anyone can pull them down when they want. I'll post the thumbnails on here with the filenames so everyone knows whats what. In the meantime.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic