Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - help! youth group tshirt - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Yep, I made the exact same request a few months ago and got some really great images!

Here's the thread!

This group really is a great group of people if you can get past all the homocidal maniacs and social deviants! Laughing

Razz

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

i kinda like tea man's

ReinMan

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

In short, what it is like is : You walk into a party off the street. You don't know anyone, but you are a confident person and you decide to talk to some of the folks. You find out it is a party of professional horse gelders. Now, you've only been there for 10 or 15 minutes but you jump on a chair and say "HEY! I've got a horse that needs gelding! You are all gelders. Who would like to geld my horse? I've got 10 dollars and I think that should be enough to pay you professional horse gelders to geld MY horse. Who'd like to do it?"

You then stand, somewhat confused, whilst crickets chirp in the background for the next 5 or 7 minutes.

Eventually, after you notice very few people are talking to you now, you leave and feel somewhat rejected... possibly thinking 'gee, horse gelders are NOT very helpful and giving folks' Sad

ReinMan

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

That being said, we ARE nice folks around here, and you did ask nicely: Try this 10 minute idea on for size. Wink

(it doesn't say ROCK band all over it, but would work for a more general promo'd audience)

Good luck with your band! (and let me tell you this: if you are gonna Rock for God, dude (or dudette) you better rock HARD. Wink )

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

that was so aptly put Reinman!!!

When I saw this thread my first thought was uh oh somebody here to just steal a design... never heard of them before tonight. And the reason I thought that way as there is a site called sitepoint that offers designs and whatnot for fees in contests and quite OFTEN the contest holder is not true to the spirit of the site. Often the contest holder runs off with the design and doesn't credit or even pay or honor the designers. So it has happened so often, so frequently there that I just automatically was a bit skeptical of this.

But this is a great site with some great people! Very Happy

Wiz

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

bbbnb3615 wrote:
I am in charge of designing a tshirt for our youth group - solid rock youth group. we are looking at one of two ideas. The first idea is something with the tag line "get connected" with maybe an ipod with a cross on the screen or something else that looks cool. The other option is "I choose to stand for my generation" and a cool graphic. For this one I like that on the back with a graphic and then some cool design with solid rock youth group on the front. If anyone could help me out I would be soooo appreciative b/c I've tried all the design your own tshirt websites and everything looks so basic and plain. Thanks so much!

"P.I.A Please! Wink

Only large $$$$$ denominations accepted. Wiz

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - help! youth group tshirt - Reply to topic