Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Duplicate Pre-post Glitch - Reply to topic

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I noticed lately that one member appeared to enter two separate images as pre-posts on more than one occasion. This has happened to many of us now and again. It is easy enough to do intentionally. In fact, I did so as a test. I would have attempted pre-posting four or five in the same contest to see if it were possible, but I really didn't want to annoy anyone. I would be happy to try it with approval.

The point is someone with malacious intent could cause a fair amount of mischief as a parting shot if they were so inclined. I think the hole in the code should be fixed.

Before anything, however, someone should remove my extra entry from the 12/13/07 Box contest. Please remove tthe static image, but leave the .GIF in place.

Thanks.

splodge

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

i usually scan the contests before they open and delete dbl posts without telling anyone, i get 4 or 5 a week, if i miss any just PM me until someone in the coding posse can fathom the problem

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
I noticed lately that one member appeared to enter two separate images as pre-posts on more than one occasion. This has happened to many of us now and again. It is easy enough to do intentionally. In fact, I did so as a test. I would have attempted pre-posting four or five in the same contest to see if it were possible, but I really didn't want to annoy anyone. I would be happy to try it with approval.

The point is someone with malacious intent could cause a fair amount of mischief as a parting shot if they were so inclined. I think the hole in the code should be fixed.

Before anything, however, someone should remove my extra entry from the 12/13/07 Box contest. Please remove tthe static image, but leave the .GIF in place.

Thanks.

I've never encountered this pre-post bug. PM the method of how you did it to one of the developer crew or a mod. That will help us ID the problem.

annajon

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I know that part of the problem is the enter your image page itself. As soon as you click on the enter button, that page should close, but it does not. In stead you can see the same enter page plus the pop up page that leads you to the new entry you just made. All the while leaving you with the "first entry in the contest" page still open. If you, by mistake hit the enter button on that page again, you get a double post of the same image. If you upload a new image from your computer, in that same page, it may be possible to have two seperate entries in pre post. It happened to me ones, but I was never able to duplicate it.

But.... Accidently hitting the enter page twice by clicking on it twice will give you a double post every time you enter.

The thing that would prevent it, is that the "Your image has been succesfully uploade" (or something like that) page is opening in the same page as the one you uploaded the image in, in stead of opening a new window.

I can't say it any easier.

Granulated

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Thanks.

yeh !! naughty naughty ! Laughing

I give the person, who has done it at least 5 times recently, the benfit of the doubt because he or she is unaware about the ONLY ONE PREPOST ALLOWED rule...

Granulated

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i usually scan the contests before they open and delete dbl posts without telling anyone, i get 4 or 5 a week, if i miss any just PM me until someone in the coding posse can fathom the problem

Then i guess you've been scanning for duplicates but not for two different entries by one person.

splodge

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

just duplicates, if somone has advantage and can post two pix, i've no problem with that

Hallcross Toots
Tawiskaro

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
just duplicates, if somone has advantage and can post two pix, i've no problem with that

Then put my static image back! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Entry Removal Requests - Duplicate Pre-post Glitch - Reply to topic