Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A FUNNY THING HAPPENED...... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
This is a great thread! Laughing Laughing
We have some great comedian writers here.
I went the opposite way...grew up in the north and now reside in the south. Biggest thing I noticed my first christmas down here was when I got home with my live christmas tree in 80 degree weather and was trimming off the bottom branches outside, 3 robins flew by. Couldn't figure out what stopped me in my tracks at that moment but later figured it out. In the north the robins fly south in the winter and don't come back till spring so you use them as a gauge as to when the weather is going to start warming up. Now I live where they fly to so it was the strangest thing to see them in the middle of winter. Also the term "ya'll" is singular AND plural. The term "yeah buddy" means F%$* You but in a nice way because southerners have a reputation of being so polite. After about the first 50 times that people passed me and said "hey" and I responded with "what?" I realized that's how they say "hello" here. Also when someone responds to a story about someone who did something stupid they say "well bless their heart" which means "dumbass". Oh and the other one is "I'm fixin to" which has no time stamp on it at all. When someone at work says "I'm fixin to bring that up to you" what that really means is you better go get it or you may not see it in this lifetime.
Funny and sometimes sad of the different cultures you encounter Laughing Crying or Very sad

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH YA'LL HAVE YOUR OWN FREAKING LANGUAGE THERE HUH ???........TOO FUNNY !!!!!SmileSmileSmile

jkmansell

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

As another transplant, I moved from Ga.to Minnesota and lived there for 14yrs then moved to Florida 4 years ago. Very Happy
I thought a snowblower was a toy for a long time and ice fishing was fun. Over time, it became work when I had to get up 2hrs early just to clear the driveway so I could go to work.
There are a few fun things to try like, mix up some dish washing soap and water, make a loop out of a twist tie and blow bubbles outside when it's really cold Laughing They freeze and shatter when they hit the ground. It's really cool. The other is having a outside hot tub, get it really hot, sit in it for a while then jump out, roll in the snow then jump back in! WOW *Shivering* Just thinking about it.
Have fun and Stay warm!!

pollyO

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

My first Christmas living in Florida really weirded me out.
I hung out at the Food Lion just digging on the smell of the Christmas tree display. Reminded me of Massachusetts so I moved back north in the spring.
Never got used to the cold weather again. So Im packing it all up and going back.
I love New England but the warm south rules!!!

FootFungas

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
Also when someone responds to a story about someone who did something stupid they say "well bless their heart" which means "dumbass".

thats one way people use it.
but the other, more fun way is using it as a nice way to insult people.
for example if you said "He's such an Idiot"
that would be rude.
but if you say "He's such an Idiot, bless his little heart"
its perfectly polite!!!

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

i agree w/ #3 mike Wink

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

jkmansell wrote:

I thought a snowblower was a toy for a long time and ice fishing was fun. Over time, it became work when I had to get up 2hrs early just to clear the driveway so I could go to work.

Work????...I just figured if it snowed THAT much employers would assume employees are taking the day off.....not so huh???

Luckily I work when & where I want.....or I'd be one pissed off employee on those snowy days....

Love your bubbles and hot tub ideas!!!! woo~hoo

couldb5150

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
i agree w/ #3 mike Wink

Hurts too doesn't it !!!!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Hmmmm... sticking your tongue to a metal post... well... I would give you an advice... DON'T EAT THE YELLOW SNOW! Wink

Micose

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

if u need a painting to put on ur new walls Mike, u know who to ask right? Wink
TheShaman

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing
OH lets also not forget...

Just because you have an SUV with 4WD does not mean that the laws of physics all of a sudden do NOT apply to your vehicle...

Just because you can start moving faster, in no way does that imply that you can stop any faster...
Objects once set in motion on ice.. will stay in motion (longer than expected)

again proved this morning when some jag decided I wasn't going fast enough in the 4in of freshly fallen snow... then proceeded to quickly pass me in the turn lane, flipped me the bird, and then slid through the intersection and into the ditch on the other side of the street Laughing I just waved when I passed him by Twisted Evil

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Laughing
OH lets also not forget...

Just because you have an SUV with 4WD does not mean that the laws of physics all of a sudden do NOT apply to your vehicle...

Just because you can start moving faster, in no way does that imply that you can stop any faster...
Objects once set in motion on ice.. will stay in motion (longer than expected)

again proved this morning when some jag decided I wasn't going fast enough in the 4in of freshly fallen snow... then proceeded to quickly pass me in the turn lane, flipped me the bird, and then slid through the intersection and into the ditch on the other side of the street Laughing I just waved when I passed him by Twisted Evil

Happens to Porsches too!!....so I've learned!!!!...the hard way!!

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
Oh and the other one is "I'm fixin to" which has no time stamp on it at all. When someone at work says "I'm fixin to bring that up to you" what that really means is you better go get it or you may not see it in this lifetime.

Laughing

The proper North Carolina pronunciation is "FIDDIN' to"

I'm fiddin' to go to the sto!

couldb5150

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
MindGraph wrote:
Oh and the other one is "I'm fixin to" which has no time stamp on it at all. When someone at work says "I'm fixin to bring that up to you" what that really means is you better go get it or you may not see it in this lifetime.

Laughing

The proper North Carolina pronunciation is "FIDDIN' to"

I'm fiddin' to go to the sto!

So whats the best way to clean up beer off of a keyboard?...cause i just spit it all over mine ....too freaking funny !!!!!!!!...bwahahahahahah

janetdog

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

My favorite part of winter driving in the ice and snow was the worlds biggest ice skating rink...Walmart Parking lot!

I survived four years in freezing ass cold Iowa without a scratch. My neighbor had three cars hit while parked infront of his house in two years. A friend in Iowa warned me about watching the news during the winter. He said I'd see a death everyday. He was so right.

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Well could be worse! I've heard of some northerners using electric heater elements in the oil pan to keep it from freezing.

But then it's chilling here in Diego better put on a long sleeve tshirt. I do hate it when the girls skirts go from short down to the thigh.

Later coldies, enjoy your winter! Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A FUNNY THING HAPPENED...... - Reply to topic