Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - TIPS N TRICKS 1: FLESH TONES - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Micose

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Micose wrote:
for more realism: the greenish underlayer, like the Flemish painters did...flesh is uncolored...blood in veins gives its colour (look at dead people).

Although everyone does have at least some skin pigmentation, even new borns.

right....pigmentation...works a bit like "burn tool", without being really a coloration of the skin, it adds deph to the final colour....
We ...human are just mulptilayered Laughing Laughing Laughing ...excpeted albinos maybe.....
Micose

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Micose wrote:
for more realism: the greenish underlayer, like the Flemish painters did...flesh is uncolored...blood in veins gives its colour (look at dead people).

now thats the damn truth.......tattoo's look the way they do because the skin is transparent. Thats why black looks navy blue in the skin........i love a good artist.....they are helpful. Smile
EDIT:
PIGMENTATION Question .......ok so its not CLEAR. pale .....its still transparent......just tinted Laughing oooohhhhh and tattoo's dont show well on DARK skin......because of the PIGMENTATION. Man i love this learning thing... Hug ....come on ya'll ask something else while its going.

Cool Cool
ReinMan

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
for more realism:(look at dead people).

Okay.

I'll be RIGHT back.

Razz Shocked Razz

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

shaving cream and cigarette butts work really good for skin tone and hair... Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks guys for all he great responses. Having lots of fun playing and tweaking, the greenish under layer idea made a huge difference to the final out put. Now I did not have an image in mind when asking this question just wanted to learn some thing new, and I learnt freakin heaps.

Will have to ask another question soon because this was a fun learning experience for me, but it should not stop here keep adding your tips and tricks here.

Thanks guys Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

ya got me playin around now...hahaha

blue_lurker

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Was not going to post this but Im happy with it so what the heck huh

know the colour looks a little pink but when I went for natural flesh it looked...well scary...oh by the way that's my mum at 15 years so watch what ya say.....

annajon

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Your mom looked very pretty, but I have two things for you, that may even make your picture look better.

First of all, you can try to use hue scale to dull down the pink a little. Perhaps when you do, you will find that the second part of my things has improved as well.

Working on an image also changes the colours of the teeth and the white of the eyes. On my computer screen (!!!) the white of the eyes has too much of the green colour of they irish in it, and the colour of the lips is allright, but the teeth should get a little attention.

I worked on an image of a sailor in a forum here at one time, and had the same problem. I made a copy of the image, lightened that untill the eyes and the teeth looked good and clooned these parts onto a layer above the first image.

Even when you think originally that the teeth are too white at this point, with the use of the transparency (opacity) you can tone that down again.

That's how I did it.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks anna but its just a play image, I think when I did the fleshy part I did not mask the teeth or the eyes...so I guess mums got pink eye huh

blue_lurker

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

Ok come on you guys there has to be some more tips for flesh tones so lets see em Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

my attempt...i can see the teeth still need work

ReinMan

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I got the teeth right, but I had a little trouble figuring out some of the other stuff... Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Tutorials - TIPS N TRICKS 1: FLESH TONES - Reply to topic