Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Submitted images are approved/denied by billtvshow. The approved ones go into the queue.

Images are randomly pulled from the queue to be voted on. Those that don't get voted in for a daily source go back into the queue to be randomly picked at another time.

If you've submitted an image and haven't seen it come up that's because Stephen hasn't approved it yet. Cool

How often does btvs look at the submitted queue? I uploaded a bunch a couple of weeks ago, just wondering if I wasted my time Laughing

Update - I just looked and one is in the voting queue ... I should have checked today before I posted. BTW, this wasn't a complaint ... I just curious.

cafn8d

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

You can click on "submit originals" again and see if any of them were added to the queue (image pool) or rejected. The image pool is quite large, so it might take a while before newly added images start showing up for the vote. Smile

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I let the queue build up for a few weeks, but I did about a third of them earlier today. There were some really nice shots in there, as always.
There were a few with significant pixelization, which pretty much have no chance unless very, very unique.
There were also some very crisp ones; in fact, for the person who submitted the metal arch over the indoor pool: those were the most amazingly crisp photos I've ever seen submitted. You should perhaps make a forum topic and talk about what kind of camera you have and/or how you post process your photos to achieve that look.
There were also some very creative sources that go outside the box (i.e. like the crayon lighthouse awhile back).
Good stuff, keep it coming.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Great, thanks. Can we see what images were put into queue, which were rejected, etc? I did poke around a little and couldn't see if there was a link or something, although I didn't look hard Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - photos for source vote - Reply to topic