Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Would you like to see Anonymous contests on PSC?

Yes

57%

57%

[ 29 ]

No

24%

24%

[ 12 ]

I don't care

18%

18%

[ 9 ]

Total Votes: 50

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:

How do we know what they are laughing at, it's not written anywhere?

I wonder how it would look for this site to have a strike. Since nothing gets done by talking and suggestions and people think what others think is a joke, which I find immature and disrespectful.

Strike, strike, strike!!! Shocked Wink

Are you kidding? (you are, right?) The entire site was redesigned. The "Developers" revised chat room. These things were discussed and tweaked at length.

I meant in the voting arena (the topic is about voting), not other areas Smile

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

so far..
13: YES
6: NO

I'm not seeing the humor in this.

cafn8d

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Anonymous contests won't cut down on favoritism for those determined to vote-whore and vote-swap and such. PMs and off-site communication circumvent the "anonymity" for such people. Anonymous contests may streamline voting for the casual voter who might be influenced by a name or give "encouraging" votes to newbies.

IMHO, I would vote for regularly scheduled anonymous contests, but not all the time, and independent of prize contests. If a sponsor picks an already anonymous contest, fine, but I'd prefer to have some anonymous contests that did not have that added competitive element.

I'd go with a suggestion I last saw by Tofu in the "Votings" thread, but I'd modify it a bit:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
Anonymous Mondays and Fridays. This way contests are ending on Wednesdays and Mondays (respectively). Then there's voting during the week for the people, like Sean, who aren't on PSC on the weekends and there's also voting on the weekends for people who mostly come around on the weekends.

I would change Fridays to Saturdays so non-advantaged weekend-only users who like anonymous contests can more easily join in on the first day of the contest.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Wiz wrote:
Granulated wrote:
"Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting"

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAA !!!!! Laughing

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA !!!!! Laughing

Rolling Eyes

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAA !!!!! :lol

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

It's interesting to see who vote NO !?!?

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:
and you were having such a good start here, and now this! Shocked this point is one of main differences to other ps-contest, like 100sentences.cum or something

Thanks for the laughs in my face and the comments.

@yello_piggy, this has nothing to do with my own 'good' start here but I guess I should have a better start elsewhere.

why so excited? this was meant ironicly, holymoly...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

xbughi wrote:
It's interesting to see who vote NO !?!?
I voted NO. Enough with the anonymous/non-anonymous discussions.

I'd rather not have anonymous contests in favor of implementing a scheme to give non-advantaged members a one-day head start (i.e. a contest opens for votes one day AFTER the source image is made public)

kinetic_be

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

You know... never mind this.
Apparantly this is a hilarious topic, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! was the most constructive critisism I've got from it so I'll make my own conclusions.

I'll admit that I'm pretty much offended by this. If this is how an idea gets treated, it's f*cking disrespectfull, especially to all the ones who also votes YES (apparantly more then double of the voters)!

So screw it, I'm out of here.
I don't care if people agree with me or not, but I DO CARE about how you treat other people's opinions, no matter if they are right or not!

Thanks for the nice stay, no matter how short it was, I enjoyed it, but only until now.

You can ignore my future posts, I think I posted uptil march 22 or something, I'm not going to bother to delete them.

Bye.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

well hey....... just don't anybody vote then throw out the whole vote contest idea. Just make it a gallery of interesting chops and see who is here for just winning and who is here for chopping.

I like anonymous myself and I'd like to see prizes go by the way ( I think they already did) this should be a non-commercial site.

mikey

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Vote for me please! Very Happy Artist, for 35 years. Cool

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I will agree that this topic has been brought up PLENTY of times, but the responses (for the most part) have been very disrespectful. KB simply brought up a question. Instead of civil answers, he got half a page of "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" People keep talking about how they don't like the direction the site is going as far as people getting upset too easily etc, but when someone brings up a topic about the voting process, they are laughed at.

KB is pretty new here, and is doing very well for a newcomer (he's number two this week). In my opinion, he's established that he is serious about chopping, and improving PSC. It's one thing to say that this has been brought up 13762341045609310435 times; but another to basically hijack a serious thread with useless comments.

I'm not gonna beg you to come back KB, because I would imaging that soon enough, you will come to your senses and realize that as far as ps contest sites go, this is by far, the best site on the net. It's also usually one of the better online communities. Sometimes though (in threads like this) people can be disrespectful without even meaning to be.

P.S. I tried to post a couple ideas, but was apparently overlooked due to excessive BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'s. lol Laughing Laughing

TutorMe wrote:
I still think it might be a good idea to give users the option of entering a contest anonymously.

Or Splodge's idea of an anonymous button, where you can choose to view the contest anonymously.

cafn8d

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
You know... never mind this.
Apparantly this is a hilarious topic, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! was the most constructive critisism I've got from it so I'll make my own conclusions.

I'll admit that I'm pretty much offended by this. If this is how an idea gets treated, it's f*cking disrespectfull, especially to all the ones who also votes YES (apparantly more then double of the voters)!

So screw it, I'm out of here.
I don't care if people agree with me or not, but I DO CARE about how you treat other people's opinions, no matter if they are right or not!

Thanks for the nice stay, no matter how short it was, I enjoyed it, but only until now.

You can ignore my future posts, I think I posted uptil march 22 or something, I'm not going to bother to delete them.

Bye.

The topic is not hilarious. The notion that anonymity would prevent favoritism is naive, but you haven't been active long enough to "get" that, kinetic_be. There were some constructive comments and suggestions, including from me. And I stand by my opinion whether you remain to champion the cause or not.

This is a very good site for the most part. But if ribbings and the running gag of various people quoting something then adding the exact same thing ad nauseum are enough to offend you into leaving the site, then I doubt you'll be happy for very long in any internet community. (You should see it when someone tries to stir things up with troll-like behavior. Rolling Eyes) People are people wherever you go... so good luck with that.

Synthvet

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Vote for me please! Very Happy Artist, for 35 years. Cool

I agree.............I think we should all vote for Mikey.......... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Old topic...revisited...yet again...hence the laughter...and the eye rolling...and such.

Anonymous Contest Threads (that I could find in 3 seconds)

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4876&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8366&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6401&sid=5bd344ed22802dc432bdf265856c52a3

I'm fairly sure there are more.

The laughter started with...

Quote:
"Keep in mind that anonymous contests filter out favourism and will most likely result in a more honest voting"

...which has been a running joke/gag/pain in the ass for who knows how long...which actually...IS pretty funny now that I read it again...but I shall refrain from the LOL smilie...and actually...once you've been here long enough...and get to know the various choppers and their styles...yer kinda able to pick out who's who in Anon Contests ANYway...

bigbuck

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope you reconsider and don't leave KB. I'm sure all the bwahas were just in fun and not a personal attack.
As far as anons go, I can take it or leave it. A couple/week would be fine, but bear in mind that the comps are truly not that anonymous. Some people's chopping styles are quite easily recognisable even in anon contests. Hell, I can pick one persons entry 95% of the time just from looking at the thumbnails!
I think a bit of variety is great for the site, that's why I'd also like to see some totally 'theme' based comps with NO source picture. Get people's creative juices flowing a bit. I get a bit bored chopping the same sort of sources over and over again. Flowers, buildings, cars etc becomes a bit 'old hat' after a while.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous contests. Yes or NO. Pls vote - Reply to topic