Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - 2 Projects - Reply to topic

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hey guys, If at all interested I was wondering if anyone here would like to help in two projects that I am working on. Unfortunately I am not able to compensate for your help but any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

1. My first project is for the design of a health/fitness website I am working on with some trainers and coaches. I have two similar templates made that I would like an opinion on or any further suggestions.

The desired name of the website is KineticLife.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/ngiannini13/Kinetic%20Life/resize.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/ngiannini13/Kinetic%20Life/kineticlife.jpg

2. My second project is for a T Shirt company that a couple of friends and I are interested in starting up. One of them is a great illustrator and artist but has no computer graphic skills whatsoever (not that i have many) so we're hoping to get a little something going for fun and who knows maybe ill be asking to buy designs in the future. anyway i just started coming up with a couple of logos about 20 minutes a go and this is what i came up with so far.

I know they're plain and boring but i am quite tired right now lol. anyway we want to try to keep it to 1 - 3 colors for the sake of printing, etc.

The name of the company as of right now is Magnolia Screet Tees.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/ngiannini13/Kinetic%20Life/Magnolia%20Screet/VpointLogo.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/ngiannini13/Kinetic%20Life/Magnolia%20Screet/MSLogo.jpg

thanks for any help or support you can give, everything is appreciated - even criticism.

-nick

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

Do you think screet is a pretty sounding word to all the people that have no idea what it means?

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

i think for the demography we are targeting the name should be fine. it will be a branch off a parent company so i believe the client base wouldnt be too affected by the name. either way I can always talk to my friends and see if we can come up with another name

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

NJGiannini wrote:
...would like to help in two projects that I am working on. Unfortunately I am not able to compensate for your help but any ideas/suggestions are appreciated...

Hmmm

Work for free? Don't think that will go over too big anywhere.

But, as you said, you're looking for ideas/suggestions and not the work. So maybe you'll get some good feedback.

Edit: Had time to look and have some feedback.

I like this one the best of the two site designs. However you said it's for a coach/trainer. Looks like the site is martial arts centered to me. Must be the side kick logo. If the site is more about physical training you may want to get a different logo?

Put in some "Lorem Ipsum" text so that we can see the layout concept with content. Dummy photos too.

For the tee shirt designs I dig this one:

But I agree with Joe. "Screet" sounds like slang for feces or an unpleasant noise. Is it supposed to be a shortened version of "discrete"?

Brainstorm some names and put them into a poll. We can be your focus group. Cool

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

probably should have specified earlier but the coach/trainer is a track/cross country coach black belt in traditional and brazilian jujutsu.

for the t shirt i never really thought about the "Screet" issue until you guys thankfully brought it up. originally its a slang term for street, more of a inside joke among a group of friends but i didnt really realize how it would sound to other people. ill definitely begin brainstorming on other names however we may just revert to proper terminology and use magnolia street.

thanks for the feedback its greatly appreciated.
-nick

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

IMHO, if I was shopping around for a personal trainer/coach for track/x-country I'd want one who's focus seemed to be on that type of training. This one seems totally focused on the martial art aspect.

If you want a site reflective of the purpose AND the person. Keep the silhouette of the black belt but add silhouettes of a runner, weight lifter, swimmer, etc. Maybe like a grouping of the silhouettes?

I dunno. Just seems too heavy on the martial arts end and not the personal training end. Confused

Kinetic means 'motion' so why not play on that theme?

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I just received word today that the person I was supposed to be helping out with the kinetic life site is going to be going to Iraq to train the Iraqi police force as he is a MP in the reserves Confused .with this in mind we're putting the project on hold until he comes back.

as far as the t shirt business i think its completely agreed to change the name to magnolia street, so ill be working on some templates and other logo options for that which ill be sure to post for some good ol' constructive criticism.

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay I'm in.Give more details about this T-shirt company. Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

I thought "screet" was a typo! ha!

how about magnolia street, or magnolia secret, or if you liked "Saved bythe Bell" how about magnolia screech! bwahahahahaha

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - 2 Projects - Reply to topic