Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting Reasons - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Hal23

Post Thu May 31, 2007 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Actualy, there are some criteria here.

Time spent, source manipulation, precision, humor, creating a mood in image, composition, skills, imagination...

Since we are all choppers and judges at the same time, I guess that if you spent lots of time on perfecting something you will valuate this criteria more then others, if you always like to put some humor in it, you will look for the humor in others. So criteria is not ruled on the level of PSC site but rather on every individual.

Of course, with time you will create a well known name, your personal recognizable style and also you may take "advantage with Advantage" to work more comfortable.

My first (and only) win was after 61 posts. So keep up, learn and be patient. I hope you learn better and faster then all of us.

And welcome to PSC!

Post Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Sleepyeyed wrote:
I hear everyone on this issue. My images aren't the greatest, but I'd like to see them get more than one vote over the course of a couple days. I really can't understand why somebody would get 20 votes for something that is obviously hacked with a chainsaw over something I made that looks pretty smooth. I can't wait until my 10th image goes up. Then I can vote as well. BTW: does everyone use up all their votes or do you use them sparingly?

Hacked with a chainsaw!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
thanks for the laugh!

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
aliased wrote:
I think osukid is right. Of course opinions differ on what makes a good chop, but it seems like many people see a pretty image and hit the vote button without taking the time to really see how much effort went into it.

pretty image plus a name they know, and yeah..it's way out of control.

It does seem to be an odd system of voting.. Maybe someone can fill me in on what you all vote on.. because it sure doesn't always seem on design.

Martrex

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

I think there is a lot of friendships and then there are too many followers especially regarding votes. But i also think is highly unusual is how many votes happen with so few entries. So clusters of folks out there never enter after the initial entries but do hang around just to vote.

So many ways to take it, but one thing is true it always will happen. Cool

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:02 am   Reply with quote         

I hate people who vote

the burning couch

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

Just ask yourself this question "Who or what am I chop'n for....myself?....to get votes?...for approval?....etc?.
Everybody chops for different reasons....none of the reasons are wrong, but some will lead a person to become frustrated over the "whats and whys"of voting. I decided quite a while ago that I am doing this mostly for the enjoyment I get out of creating something and focusing on the details of it. I love seeing votes/comments (more comments) and the occasional Top 3 spot but....... I feel that if a chopper is doing it for the enjoyment of it, that (most of the time) it shows in their work and that is what I take into consideration when placing votes....the effort in the execution.

Don't put all your focus on the votes and you might be a happier (and maby even better) chopper.
Cool

just my 2 bits *!*

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

i been here for a few months now and no one said anything about votes. man ya'll just hiding stuff right up under the rug when i'm around. and hey i heard that chainsaw remark. do you have any idea the skill it takes to run the chain saw plug-in for photoshop. i mean with the color,and luminosity flying all over the place pileing up on your cutting line making your cut all zigzagged. still trying out the weedeater plug-in my self.it really works well on the tall wheat feilds....now if we could only get a wheatfeild source contest. votes....smoats......welcome to psc and stfuac.....the others will explain.

1000 votes here wont get ya laid at the bar.....ooohhh wait theres splodges bar........hey you know this whole vote thing just got better.

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:45 am   Reply with quote         

The votes I give depend on the cheques I receive

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
The votes I give depend on the cheques I receive

whatisthesecret.tv/the-secret-scrolls/the-secret-check.pdf
well it is a cheque of some description.
Smile

charliemount

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't mind the strange vote, or even the bad vote, but I've been here about a week or so, worked very hard on a number of excellent images, and some have only received one or two votes at all.

I'm here for the challenge, not the prizes, but I do feel no one's really looking.

Could be a newbie thing...

The comments, on other images as well as my own, have been very polite, encouraging, and constructive -- which is nice.

Martrex

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

charliemount wrote:
I don't mind the strange vote, or even the bad vote, but I've been here about a week or so, worked very hard on a number of excellent images, and some have only received one or two votes at all.

I'm here for the challenge, not the prizes, but I do feel no one's really looking.

Could be a newbie thing...

The comments, on other images as well as my own, have been very polite, encouraging, and constructive -- which is nice.

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9568

charliemount

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Sure, I figured all that. But I eat fast food, watch On Demand television, and text my wife to say "call me". I need instant love and gratification at all times.

Feed me, Seymore.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:46 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:55 am   Reply with quote         

don't worry i found the sound track for this thread...

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

charliemount

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:03 am   Reply with quote         

We live in an instant age. Instant messaging, instant video, instant file back-up...

Instant karma.

Gonna knock you right on the head, man.

I'm so deep.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting Reasons - Reply to topic