Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Say a Prayer for our troops - Reply to topic

Post Wed May 07, 2008 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I saw this video and it made think about all that is going on over in iraq and the rest of the world.
Please keep our troops safe while they protect and serve our country.
God bless...

http://g.dwgsee.com/wake/index.htm

ReinMan

Post Wed May 07, 2008 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a challenging thing for me to do ("support our troops").

While I truly wish that no one else (American, Canadian, Iraqi, or other human type) gets hurt in any way with that (or any other) war... it is my deeper wish that the fighting just stops, and that we all somehow get how stupid war is. Fighting and killing each other when the WHOLE of our human existence is in jeopardy seems rather un-evolved.

So I don't support what the troops are doing. They chose to go there and do what they do. But I do support them in not getting themselves hurt (and them not hurting others in return).

(DB: this just seems like such a complex topic to have running in a PSC forum, dude. We'll see how this runs...)

mikey

Post Wed May 07, 2008 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

All I have to say is WAR SUCKS! Evil or Very Mad

Post Wed May 07, 2008 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

mellowdesign

Post Wed May 07, 2008 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm English, but I will certainly say a prayer...

Post Wed May 07, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
This is a challenging thing for me to do ("support our troops").

While I truly wish that no one else (American, Canadian, Iraqi, or other human type) gets hurt in any way with that (or any other) war... it is my deeper wish that the fighting just stops, and that we all somehow get how stupid war is. Fighting and killing each other when the WHOLE of our human existence is in jeopardy seems rather un-evolved.

So I don't support what the troops are doing. They chose to go there and do what they do. But I do support them in not getting themselves hurt (and them not hurting others in return).

(DB: this just seems like such a complex topic to have running in a PSC forum, dude. We'll see how this runs...)

Agree with most of that.

I can't say for SURE that they're actually PROTECTING us at the moment...unless you buy into that whole "fight them there so we don't have to fight them HERE" thing...

And really...they didn't CHOOSE to go there (well...maybe SOME did)...but they did CHOOSE to enlist...so they really have no say so as to where they go...they coulda been stationed in Alaska guarding the pipeline...so they're kinda screwed.

I don't support why they're over there...or what they may be doing...but...from human to human...I don't wish them any harm.

So...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Say a Prayer for our troops - Reply to topic