Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - How is the winner determined in a tied H2H match? - Reply to topic

cafn8d

Post Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

cheers WOOHOO! I was hoping for a close match--and IT'S A TIE!! I'd never seen one in a H2H tournament... and now that it's happened to me, I'd really like to know, how is the winner determined? Is it the same as a daily contest where it's ranked by post order? Or is it whoever reached that score first? Or did someone flip a coin? Or.....?

CONGRATULATIONS, HUNGRY, FOR BEING DECLARED THE WINNER! GOOD LUCK NEXT ROUND! Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

It reads quite CLEARLY in The Rules that, in the event of a tied contest, the one CLOSEST to Massachusetts wins.

Smile ;0

Good chop, BeaverBuddy!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri May 23, 2008 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Typically in a tie, the person who posted their image first, wins. I am guessing it's the same in the H2H.

Post Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
It reads quite CLEARLY in The Rules that, in the event of a tied contest, the one CLOSEST to Massachusetts wins.

Smile ;0

Good chop, BeaverBuddy!

i tried to convice proc to use this method of judging but he insisted on who posted first Razz

ps. sorry for the php warning you get on the matches page, unfortunately we haven't been able to do ALL the testing necessary because some functions needed to be tested in a live situation like this one. It will be gone soon.

cafn8d

Post Fri May 23, 2008 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the responses! Now... next year, when I'm back in my coffee habit... LOOK OUT!! Wink Laughing

Showcase

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

I would give my spot up for you Caf...if it could be arranged. Smile
the overall image with the tractor and field was great!

Perhaps, in the future, with time to code, a means to allow another day of voting for a tie could work out. a tie breaker of sorts. We do, afterall have a few days between rounds.

Might get a few more votes to break the tie.

...or something.

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

Also, if there is one no show in the next round, I'm sending Nanc to your house with a big stick Razz

Post Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
I would give my spot up for you Caf...if it could be arranged. Smile
the overall image with the tractor and field was great!

Perhaps, in the future, with time to code, a means to allow another day of voting for a tie could work out. a tie breaker of sorts. We do, afterall have a few days between rounds.

Might get a few more votes to break the tie.

...or something.

Thank you, and good luck to you next round, Showcase! Yours is a well-deserved win! I'm glad I didn't "lose"... I just didn't win fast enough! Wink

cafn8d

Post Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
Also, if there is one no show in the next round, I'm sending Nanc to your house with a big stick Razz

Hmmm For what? To play fetch with my dogs??

dewdew

Post Fri May 23, 2008 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:

PROMISE'S...PROMISE'S.. Mr. Green

shhhhhhhhhhh....i need all the no-show's i can get.....it makes me feel like i WON...sorta...kinda...not really..... BUT, if i can just find a way to kill the link's to the match-up's i am in.....NO-one will ever know Next year. Twisted Evil

Martrex

Post Fri May 23, 2008 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Sure Nanc is all talk and no reaction! Like several other centerfolds I have fallen for in the past! Shocked Very Happy

dewking

Post Fri May 23, 2008 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

The question/problem I have...

If I make it to round 3 (though I dont think I ever have)... Im going to be on a cruise that week! Sad

I automatically lose, and accidentally screw over my competition by doing a no-show.

I wonder if Proc would let me get the source on Saturday, so I could at least work on it that day (Leaving sunday)...

This of course assuming I even make it that far.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - How is the winner determined in a tied H2H match? - Reply to topic