Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous Contests?????? - Reply to topic

nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

How come nothing is anonymous?
A haven't been here for a while (about a year) but in the past prize contests were anonymous. Now that they are randomly chosen throughout the week does this mean they are not anonymous anymore? I used to love the prize contests because everyone had an equal chance. I'm not complaining about the voting results of my work, I am very happy and thankful to everyone that has voted for me. But I believe many people here vote on popularity. Face it... it's hard not to vote for a good friend. Also if a chopper is constantly here others are more likely to vote for them because they know they need to build a relationship with a reliable vote. I love this place... I just don't want it to resemble myspace too much.

One idea... Could we make the first day of voting on contests anonymous and then at 8am the next day show choppers identities?

ReyRey

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

Prize contests (when they have them) are still anon. Proc has also been throwing in random anon days here and there.

yello_piggy

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

your avatar reminds me on the logo of an Austrian radio-station

nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:

Wow it does...
Your Australian radio-station reminds me of the Chicago Cubs Logo. Very Happy

nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Prize contests (when they have them) are still anon. Proc has also been throwing in random anon days here and there.

Thanks ReyRey and of course Proc for throwing the random anon days!

Micose

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

nog wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:

Wow it does...

geez this logo reminds me of a french Quality Labelled chicken logo!! awesome

yello_piggy

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

nog wrote:
yello_piggy wrote:

Wow it does...

AUSTRIAN, we dont have any roos! Laughing

nog

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

lol, my bad... there are a lot of choppers from Australia here.

dewdew

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

I close my eye's when i vote.....THAT"S A-NON-NO-MUSSSSSS. but from time to time i do PEAK....i tried using a blinfold, But it's so hard to tie behind your head. Argh

Speaking of prizes......the Avi contest REY is holding has a prize. OOOOHHHHH and i almost forgot..CrackerJack's....they have one in every box...HOW COOL IS THAT. Cool I do wish they had more of the PEA-NUT'S than popcorn....but so is life.

I am starting a NEW fair voting System.....WHO EVER PAYS THE MOST.....get's the vote. I do unserstand that RICH people have an advantage over the POOR...but i can't help that. I had nothing to do with how they made thier money....i'm only tring to help them spend it. Twisted Evil

anfa

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

A famous Australian...

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
A famous Australian...

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Laughing

Right that's one ass kicking for the pommy bugger from Geordie bloody town

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

nog wrote:
How come nothing is anonymous?
A haven't been here for a while (about a year) but in the past prize contests were anonymous. Now that they are randomly chosen throughout the week does this mean they are not anonymous anymore? I used to love the prize contests because everyone had an equal chance. I'm not complaining about the voting results of my work, I am very happy and thankful to everyone that has voted for me. But I believe many people here vote on popularity. Face it... it's hard not to vote for a good friend. Also if a chopper is constantly here others are more likely to vote for them because they know they need to build a relationship with a reliable vote. I love this place... I just don't want it to resemble myspace too much.

One idea... Could we make the first day of voting on contests anonymous and then at 8am the next day show choppers identities?
i agree 100% with you, but i prefer an open contest the way it is now, so people can see the work and the votes from the member at the same time, and if a big name makes a less entrie and still getting a lot of votes, than the other chopppers see this and bit by bit leaving anyway this great PSC site, its not the one who makes a less chop who is wrong it' s on the voters who first take a better look and than vote, do you know what i'm trying to say here, and btw its normal that persons who now each other for many years here support each other a little bit more , so stick on and make a team, there are some great new choppers joined us this last weeks so they will do the same, cheers mate

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

A. Some people vote for good chops.
B. Some people vote on name recognition alone, regarldess of how many flaws there are.
C. Some people vote for friends and nothing more.

So what else is new.

Rolling Eyes

splodge

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

proc is travailing for the next 2 weeks in Asia, then home for the first time in 6 months, then some serious coding and prizes scrounging/sponsor finding, anyone in fulltime education and strugling to find time to chop imagine being in fulltime education on the other side of the planet with patchy web conection at best and trying to run this site, proc is doing fine

Hallcross Toots
Phraktol

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

interesting Razz

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Anonymous Contests?????? - Reply to topic