Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP PLEASE WITH HTML PHOTOSHOP ETC..... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:
TutorMe wrote:
This only works in safari for mac

what if not using a mac but normal windows laptop and hotmail?

The onlything that is mac only was my method of sending the html email. As an alternative you can use http://www.zookoda.com/. I haven't used it, but if you have any questions I'll try to help.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

the202 wrote:
Listen why don't you post some pictures here, in this forum...of whatever.

i will maybe soon, got to keep practicing a little first...and then i want to make a website for my own business Smile which would be cool if you guys would help lol!

though as i mentioned earlier, i tried the webpage tutorial and followed it step by step, getting the hang of the html language so to speak....BUT...even as saved as an html....it opens/saves in my comp CHuh.. ...to make it ht tp realtime web page i need to buy a domain....correct?

woah im learning so much today, proud of myself Very Happy

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

whoa slow down there!.. dont be buyin a domain just yet. first practice on a site like http://geocities.yahoo.com/ click on the FREE link in the upper right hand corner. make somethin simple and upload it.

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
the202
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:49 pm   Reply with quote         

mightybeet wrote:
whoa slow down there!.. dont be buyin a domain just yet. first practice on a site like http://geocities.yahoo.com/ click on the FREE link in the upper right hand corner. make somethin simple and upload it.

...And then post the link here so we can help you make it better.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

mightybeet wrote:
whoa slow down there!.. dont be buyin a domain just yet. first practice on a site

well i followed a webpage maker tutorial, it used um..just notepad and stuff...but it still saved as cHuh.. my folders /blahblahblah.html is this right or wrong?? how do i get people online to see that??

dewking

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:
mightybeet wrote:
whoa slow down there!.. dont be buyin a domain just yet. first practice on a site

well i followed a webpage maker tutorial, it used um..just notepad and stuff...but it still saved as cHuh.. my folders /blahblahblah.html is this right or wrong?? how do i get people online to see that??

You have to UPLOAD it to a web server... use MightyBeet's suggestion above.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:

got it, signing up for it now Smile woo Smile even though i wasn't trying to make a webpage in the beginning lol! but if it's necessary to do what i wanted then here goes Smile thanks guys! i'll be back tomorrow now methinks...Smile

dewking

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:
dewking wrote:

got it, signing up for it now Smile woo Smile even though i wasn't trying to make a webpage in the beginning lol! but if it's necessary to do what i wanted then here goes Smile thanks guys! i'll be back tomorrow now methinks...xx

Well, HTML, Pictures and links.... kind of make up a "webpage"... Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Good luck.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
the202
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

felloutthesky wrote:
got it, signing up for it now Smile woo Smile even though i wasn't trying to make a webpage in the beginning lol! but if it's necessary to do what i wanted then here goes Smile thanks guys! i'll be back tomorrow now methinks...xx

Hey no problem, glad I could help. Listen did geocities give you a link?

jasper

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

If you want to make html emails from hotmail that include images and backgrounds, etc., they do have a rich text editor for hotmail - and I think there are some templates as well (though I do not use it). This is most likely where you would be able to upload your images.

If you are using outlook, you can embed the images and it will be sent in html (multi-part mime) format ...the images will be converted to a chunk of hex code that the recipient email will decode (not as an attachment - but "embeded"). You can also customize themes in outlook.

splodge

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

aint we been here before? spam/virus blockers stop all this stuff getting through to the customers unless they have you in the address book, so we build a web page and send a link, but spam/virus blockers block any emails with links in now, rich text or not, you aint getting through unless the customer wants you too

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

ok damnit!!! i just read 3 pages of everone telling her this and that.... let me see if i got this right ok new girl.... 1 you made a design in photoshop.... 2 you saved it as a html... ( this is why it only shows up on your computer) if you want to attach it to a (signature) using your hotmail acct where at the end of your e-mail when you send it the design shows... DO I HAVE IT CORRECT???

if i do then you must save your image as a j-peg file... then you need to host (up load your image to a site like photobucket) or some thing comparable... once this image is up loaded it has now become ( Hosted)

your next step is to figure out the code that you want to choose... example 1 (do you want the image to appear in the signature section of your hotmail e-mails) ? 2 ( do you want the web url to bring the person to your image when the person that receives your e-mail clicks on it)?

hot mail allows this action... i use photobucket and copied the html or bbs or what ever link provided in the generate code link... it will make 4 codes and above each code it will tell you what that code will look like or how to use it...

when you are getting the cHuh.. blahh blahh that is because you saved it as an html document... but you dont use your computer as a server... ( server is a computer only used to host images on the web... in your case... other times text/ different docs.. etc) thus why save it as a j-peg.... then host it on a storage site like the photobucket mentioned above...

the reason you computer reads it as html and is visable is because it thinks/ and is acting like a server....but you don't have a domaine for your own site... so think of it as the web that only extends to any computer that is linked together only in your house hold... and instead of having people in china, india, germany, etc... the dude in your next room can see it..

this i believe is called a Ethernet a small cluster of comps that are connected but w/ out any reach to the outside world... via the internet...

there is no need to set up your own web site if you only want an image to appear as a segnator/attacment in an out going e-mail... i really hope that all makes sense and helps you along your journy.... also listen to the people here when they give you advice in setting up a web site as that is knowledge you can use later down the line in your goals Wink
-m-

supak0ma

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

sending an html email is not an easy task, plus, most mail clients nowadays block images, so what will your customer see? probably just a collection of urls. Anyway, this is why professionals exist, if you don't want to hire one, become one.

http://www.w3schools.com/

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
ok damnit!!! i just read 3 pages of everone telling her this and that.... let me see if i got this right ok new girl.... 1 you made a design in photoshop.... 2 you saved it as a html... ( this is why it only shows up on your computer) if you want to attach it to a (signature) using your hotmail acct where at the end of your e-mail when you send it the design shows... DO I HAVE IT CORRECT???
-m-

Basically i want to make an e-shot? (i think that's what it's called??) so yea you pretty much got what i meant except i want it in the body of the email not necessarily the signiture bit...and i also want to be able to add urls, links etc (using photoshop) to diff sections of it....but that bit i can do, it's just the sorting out of the pics being viewed off my comp....

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
...this is why professionals exist, if you don't want to hire one, become one.

i want to become one Smile and as one of you guys said yesterday - we all have to start somewhere!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP PLEASE WITH HTML PHOTOSHOP ETC..... - Reply to topic