Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Banner for my new forum - fiddy bucks - Reply to topic

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi all. I've just discovered PSC, and must say I'm blown away by the talent here! It's just what I was looking for.

Recently, I helped start a non-commercial forum called pluginhybrid(dot)net, for the purpose of educating the masses, and providing a place for fans of the technology to gather and chat.

For those who don't know: a plug-in hybrid is a type of car, similar to a regular hybrid, like the Prius, but with a larger battery capable of propelling the vehicle x number of miles on electricity before the gas motor kicks in. This may allow many people to virtually never gas up, especially if they are commuting less than 40 miles or so - a number the industry seems fixated on. Instead they could just plug-in at home, like a cell phone, and charge overnight.

The site is kinda before its time because we can't even purchase a plug-in hybrid yet, but I thought I'd try to help spread the word anyway.

So, before you all go to sleep reading about my technolust, let me layout a request:

$50. That's fiddy big'uns. I know, I know, it's a lot of money...but if I had more to give out I surely would. Perhaps some out there will get into my spirit of saving the planet and go the extra (electric) mile for this pizza money...

I need a banner for the site. 800x250 or so.
Something that says:
-cars that plug-in at home to charge batteries
-something great for the environment
-a positive future in a non-polluted world

So far, the best I could come up with was a puppy-like car, wagging its power-cord tail, playing in a park bounded by wind-turbines and solar panels.

Sorry to poison your creativity with my lame idea, but I just wanted to show an example - that almost fit the bill.

Not entirely sure how things operate around here yet, but paypal always seems to be a good way to send a few bucks.

I'll give it a coupla weeks and see what happens, then pick the winner. Of course, if there is nothing that works, I reserve the right to stretch out the 'contest' until I see something that jumps out and zaps me.

Thanks for your help guys, and please feel free to sign on to the plug-in site - it's fairly empty now, but will be nuts in about 2 years (esp. with oil shooting up the way it is).

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

huh its not really my type of vehicle i prefer but the cause sound s good enuf for me to give it a go... can you list contact info here in this forum on the best way to get a hold of you? and if you should pick my image would you agree to rather paying me the 50 bucks.... to just purchase advantage memberships totaling the 50 bucks for the members i pick here at psc? if so please pm me if thats a consideration as i may stray to follow this forum...
-m-

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 pm   Reply with quote         

"Sorry to poison your creativity with my lame idea"
>.<

I'm glad someone is thinking forward to a better future, I would gladdy give it a go on this one. Are you looking for a high res image ?

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the fast replies guys!

"purchase advantage memberships" be cool, as long as I can buy them with PayPal.

Hi-res would be wonderful, yes, just in case I need to make the banner a bit wider/taller in the future Smile

It will be very interesting to see how this idea is visualized by a crowd outside the electric-vehicle-nerd set. I'm anxious to see if it will be uber-high-tech, cartoon playful, or something in the middle.

To give you an idea of what a plug-in hybrid looks like, check out this 2010 model from GM, called the Volt. Sorry, having trouble inserting the link, here it is: hmmm, doesn't work either, as the noobometer is clicking into the danger zone. Best to just go to Google images and search for 'Chevy Volt'.

Remember, aircraft carriers and bullet trains are electric. This tech will make internal combustion look like a Victorian steam engine Smile

Thanks again to all. Oh, and if you'd like to email me, please use forgvs(at)gmail(dot)com.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:07 am   Reply with quote         

retread wrote:
Remember, aircraft carriers and bullet trains are electric. This tech will make internal combustion look like a Victorian steam engine Smile