Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Mars Volta! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

edovan

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

This winter I got the latest album by The Mars Volta (The Bedlam in Goliath) and today their first album De-Loused in the Comatorium came in with the mail. Fan-frickin-tastic! I'm crap at writing reviews so I'm not going to give you some poetic tale about it. Let's just say both albums are super-diddely-widdely-great. I will definitely get the other ones ASAP!

So, anyone else fancy this fluff-haired band? afro

PS. At the Drive-In was a kick-ass band aswell.[/img]
UntExp

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

july 29th live in Ostia Antica (Rome). I'll be there!!!

edovan

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

You lucky bastardo Razz Wink

Unfortunately they aren't heading for Sweden for some time, it seems...
UntExp

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

...it seems that you need some holidays in italy Wink Laughing

edovan

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

That would indeed be nice Smile They do play in some places closer though, like Belgium, but it's still too far for my wallet at the moment.

I hope you get an awesome evening. I'm sure it's worth every € spent on the ticket.
UntExp

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I show you the place

UntExp

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry I cant post the image Shocked

UntExp

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ok

mike.b.

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
This winter I got the latest album by The Mars Volta (The Bedlam in Goliath) and today their first album De-Loused in the Comatorium came in with the mail. Fan-frickin-tastic! I'm crap at writing reviews so I'm not going to give you some poetic tale about it. Let's just say both albums are super-diddely-widdely-great. I will definitely get the other ones ASAP!

PS. At the Drive-In was a kick-ass band aswell.[/img]

i couldnt believe i saw this here...you people know
..SWEET
had the chance to see at the drive in quite a few years back.....and im super glad the mars volta formed after at the drive in

keepin it alive....awesome thread

edovan

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

UntExp: That's the coolest place for a concert I've ever seen. I wonder what the old Romans would say? Wink

mike.b.29: Welcome to the Inofficial PSC Mars Volta Fan Club! Now there's three of us Laughing

Just listened to Mastodons Blood Mountain (just to mention another kick-ass album) and discovered that Cedric Bixler-Zavala (and Josh Homme) does a guest appearance on one track. That's a funny coincidence!
Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

mike.b.

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
UntExp: That's the coolest place for a concert I've ever seen. I wonder what the old Romans would say? Wink

mike.b.29: Welcome to the Inofficial PSC Mars Volta Fan Club! Now there's three of us Laughing

Just listened to Mastodons Blood Mountain (just to mention another kick-ass album) and discovered that Cedric Bixler-Zavala (and Josh Homme) does a guest appearance on one track. That's a funny coincidence!

........... Arrow sigh mastodon .yes another great bang drums band.......check out UNEARTH they are my fav metal group from boston ........and that place in italy ..would be the shit to see the mars volta.......he is lucky..lol

Tesore

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm coming to the homeland (Italy) in september... its to late Crying or Very sad
Enjoy to the max Wink

the burning couch

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

Yeah!!! Extremely talented musicians they are.
I spose you like Mr. Bungle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-ojK6yGSw&feature=related ....yes?....well, of course you do..cause they're damn good too. Cool

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Quote:

Yeah!!! Extremely talented musicians they are.
I spose you like Mr. Bungle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-ojK6yGSw&feature=related ....yes?....well, of course you do..cause they're damn good too. Cool

mr bungle is the shit....he used to lead sing for faith no more:)
did you know that....nick nack patty wack ahh give tha dog a boner baby.... Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9oaA1A50M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsETamxkT9E

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Mars Volta! - Reply to topic