Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - loginnet.passport.com - Reply to topic

splodge

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

anyone else getting this pop-up after clicking on an email link???

followed by the message page

Fatal Login Error. hr = 80041035, f = -2147217355,
because you cant remember your user name and password, because you never set them in the first place???

going by google almost everyone is, i've tried every password/username combo, hotmail, outlook, msn passport password, the site i'm trying to email password/username, i've tried most solutions on google, (there's 100's of them) i've intalled downloads and updates, i've deleted everything hotmail except mail and messenger, next thing is deleting OutlookExpress, i never use it,

ULTIMATE TEST, i even tried emailing myself from a link on one of my own site so i know it's nothing i've set up, i got the same crap Mad Mad Mad

Hallcross Toots
TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked

OMG if the great splodge cannot figure it out...

we're all doomed! DOOOOOOMMMMEDD!

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like you just signed up for complete internet destruction!

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

where do you get this message? what browser?
if it happens in IE, does it happen in Firefox?
if in IE - what is your default email program in the IE settings? (Tools - Internet Options - Programs)

splodge

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

IE is my main browser, but it happens in IE and FF, it happens when i click on a link that should bring up my email program, windows live mail is my default mail program,

google:
loginnet.passport.com
or
Fatal Login Error. hr = 80041035, f = -2147217355

you will see many .ppl are having the same problem,

most sites have email forms on there sites now, i guess i should build one for mine

Hallcross Toots
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess this article describes the same problem you have.

Did you try flushing your temp files, deleting all cookies and logging on to Live mail before clicking on a mailto: link

1337hax0r

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge

You may still have a beta version of Windows Live Mail Desktop. To check the version number, you need to display the Menu bar (if it is not displayed) using Alt+M, M. Then Help->About Microsoft Windows Live Mail.

The earlier betas were not auto updated, but since Windows Live Mail 12.0.1365 (Beta 2), the update can be obtained through Microsoft Update.

The name change from Windows Live Mail Desktop to Windows Live Mail came with version 12.0.1184 (Beta 1) in May 2007. Beta 2 (12.0.1365) came in September 2007 through a unified installer for the Windows Live Suite, and the final release (12.0.1606) came in November 2007 through a unified installer for the Windows Live Suite, or through Microsoft Update if Beta 2 was installed.

You can download the latest versions via the unified installer available through http://get.live.com

Go here... http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1450120&page=2
and scroll to the bottom of the page...getting the latest version seemed to resolved this.

splodge

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, i surrender!!! i have done everything to save me updating to the latest version of live mail, g/f has it on her computer and i hate it, but I've had to concede and update to the pink, pail and pastey 12.0.1606
now i have my 4 accounts and tinas 2 accounts all on one page and i cant find anything,
thanks for all your help and PM's

Hallcross Toots

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - loginnet.passport.com - Reply to topic