Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Tutorial Help - Reply to topic

Heinlein

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

I am very anxious on locating a tutorial that was featured in Photoshopuser magazine around 5 years ago or a similar publication.

I am not positive, but I believe it was a tutorial based on a Renault Advertisement or another car manufacturer.

It showed the steps in creating a realistic metal cylinder using gradients and reflections, where the car was sitting on top of the cylinder, almost like a trophy. Text was embossed on the front part of the cylinder.

Would anyone have this tutorial or maybe point me to the steps in creating this.

Thank you so much,
Jim

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes i dug this up......sue me.......

Anyway......Because of some recent forum thread, that i can't find Argh
Maybe it was 202 that posted a link to Pixel Perfect and Mr. Bert Monroy. I know i have been here for over a year, and maybe i should have already heard about ol' Bert, but i love his stuff....he explains things in a way I understand them...and let me tell ya, that is not easy.

This episode #72 http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/newscene is a very good one, and one of my favorites. My question is "Does Anyone know of any Tuts like this one". It does not have to be BERT....just as long as they are making some kind of scene.....like a Swamp scene....ocean.....snow. Any kind of scene would be fine. These kind of tutorials INSPIRE ME...and make me want to create, so if anyone knows of any.....Please point me to them.

Hein:....you may have already seen it, but watch the 94th and 95th episode...on the 94th Bert makes a handle for the Sword....during which he adds a BUTT plate to the handle. That may be along the lines of what you want. Hey, better late than NEVER. Cool

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

165 people stopped and looked...but none have any suggestions..... Rolling Eyes ...everyone don't paticipate at once...it gets confusing.

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

TY candron....i'll look through both sites.....the psd on is first for sure.....trust me, i have googled tuts and i know the VAST endless amount out there....hell, i have watched and read what seems like thousands. I'm googled OUT and looking for direction. Arrow

The whole reason i'm asking is Tofu let me in on the Channels Book and every since i have had this MORE..MORE...feeling. Argh I guess you could say i'm going thru my FANTASY ART stage now. That's why i don't chop on here much anymore.....i am always PLAYING with creating my own shit. Laughing I was spending more time trying to create a chop for the daily, than i was actually learning HOW to chop. I have grown tired of tut, after tut, after tut, after tut....Bert even has some long boring nothings.....i'm looking for Tutorials that show you how someone created a piece....something like speed painting, but using photo's not paint.

I guess i'm asking....what or who inspired everyone here when you first got started.

Things CLICK for me.....i can watch a hundred tuts...and some of it will go slap over my head. Then later i can see someone else do it...and CLICK....i totally get it.

Think about it like this......THE MORE SUGGESTIONS I GET.....the less time i can spend here......that should get the ball rolling. Cool

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah i googlrd and only tried to help, but here is a straing place , i go sleep maybe 30 years and than come back Laughing

dewdew

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Candron, i thank you for the attempt anyway. I expect this kinda thing...They have been ignoring me for about 6 months now. Hell i think it's funny, all you can do is try. I don't cry about votes, or comments or who is winning what...i don't put anyone down...i'm not into beating dead horses, no pming everyone to vote for mine....and i'll even change my sigi if it bothers you....even if i don't know ya or have never seen ya here. YET...i'm the bad guy....... Cool that's cool....i look good in Black. Twisted Evil

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Candron, i thank you for the attempt anyway. I expect this kinda thing...They have been ignoring me for about 6 months now. Hell i think it's funny, all you can do is try. I don't cry about votes, or comments or who is winning what...i don't put anyone down...i'm not into beating dead horses, no pming everyone to vote for mine....and i'll even change my sigi if it bothers you....even if i don't know ya or have never seen ya here. YET...i'm the bad guy....... Cool that's cool....i look good in Black. Twisted Evil
Laughing

Dew'd I'd post but the only tuts I've seen have either already been posted at PSC or are readily findable via Google. Confused

dewdew

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 am   Reply with quote         

ty tofu....i understand.....i'm googled out myself....but somehow i missed Bert, and was hoping to find more. I was hoping some here had a idea of where to go. You know how it is.....75 pages of tuts....60 of them show you how to make a sphere... Argh I already have that one in my notebook. Laughing

OOHHHH and thanks for starting this thirst for knowledge with that dang Channels book......It sure was easier when i was only using $75 dollars worth and happy. Now for about 5 months....i've really started trying to learn more about PS, and how to use it right. How bert chopped that pic together and how i would have done it are.....well, lets just say different. Confused It's nice to have a psd....but to watch them do it..... Cool .....that's my kind of learning. YEAH, i was the guy who watched the video for the BOOK REPORT in school.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

I have access to a
Code:
LyndaDotcomDotPhotorealism.Using.Adobe.Photoshop.and.Illustrator-CFE Course

These are excelent tutorials in video format by Bert Monroy and the first tutorial is how to create an underwater scene

You could perhaps do a search for this?

Alternatively if you can advise me how to do it I could perhaps upload it somewhere

Hope this is some help

I tried to publish this in the thread but as I am a Newbie I was not allowed

Have tried disableing the web address

dewdew

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Bow........at first i thought this was SPAM. Laughing
After watching the first underwater tut..... Hug.

bounce there is a volume 1 and 2....... Mr. Green .....i am now in SHIT EATING GRIN MODE.

You know.....before i found PS....i had a life. Confused .....Now i get all giddy over finding new learning material.

If i seem different, or just out of place at PSC.....I AM. Most here are talking Hmtl code and css and what not. Ya'll post Pages of strange code stuff that makes the page GREY. You look at a psd and understand it...i scratch my head like i'm looking at a chinese scroll. You make your own websites, when i do good to log on to this one. Hell i thought a channels book was like a TV GUIDE or something. I could have googled for years and never came across that book.
Let's face it, i could goggle my ass off for another year, and still not come across some of the material you all take for granted every day. So thats why i was asking about TUTs. After a year+ of google, you don't come across many new ones.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Dew Dew

If you liked Bert Monroy you should try and find a copy of

How to Cheat in Photoshop CS3 by Steve Caplin

The tutorials are great, he produces all sorts of work for magazines etc where he makes a sunny street look like winter or a dry one like it is raining etc
This is in order to satisfy the needs of the magazine editor

The Book is fairly easy to find and download in PDF format but it is better if you can obtain a copy of the accompanying DVD containing many examples and videos

I am pleased I have managed to get you into (i am now in SHIT EATING GRIN MODE.)

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Tutorial Help - Reply to topic