Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wow. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

The current comp has been open for almost an hour...

Only 9 entries...correction...10...and as of right now...only 2 votes....and those were from me.

AdvantaChat is dead more than it's alive.

What gives?

Have we gotten that disgruntled with PSC? Or do people just not care anymore?

Luxwiz

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

maybe it's the global economic crisis and everyone is too depressed to chop and vote Laughing

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

Raising Brow good point

Heinlein

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

From what I have observed, people have been losing interest in the site gradually for some time now.

If I have some time, I might put together a chart to show how entries, new users, and the rest of the stats for the site has shown a dramatic decline within the past year.

It did spike a bit with the recent Team Chop.

I strongly believe there is not enough incentive to keep people interested.

It can be fixed though.

Just my opinion.

annajon

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

I will make an entry... have not had time, working all week, falling asleep as soon as I come home these days.....

I have seen Friday be very slow for quite a while now, both in voting and entries.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
From what I have observed, people have been losing interest in the site gradually for some time now.

If I have some time, I might put together a chart to show how entries, new users, and the rest of the stats for the site has shown a dramatic decline within the past year.

It did spike a bit with the recent Team Chop.

I strongly believe there is not enough incentive to keep people interested.

It can be fixed though.

Just my opinion.

Sure, it may just be a cycle...and it can be fixed...but DAMN.

TheShaman

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

It's not you its me... I'm having tests done. I'm still drunk from last night and the holidays are coming up.

Really... I got all set to work on some, but the sun was in my eyes, I tripped and fell and I broke my arm.
Then to top it all off the dog then ate my wacom tablet.
Honest!
yeah... thats the ticket.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

We've had LOTS of threads here about why many are not competing here any longer.

I'll state my position again: The original concept for this site was SMALL file size, SHORT turn-around time, FAST n' FURIOUS chopping. No prizes. Anonymous posting.

THAT is what got this site rocking. In my opinion every step AWAY from the original concepts was a step toward something OTHER than what this site was conceived as. A fast, fun diversion for those of us who wanted a quick chop before breakfast. [NOW participants can SCHEME for a WHOLE FRICKIN MONTH, and then present their MASTER WORK and collect a prize of some Photoshop Plugin that does in 10 seconds what you've worked a whole month on. Rolling Eyes ]

Fast n Furious = FUN Long, strategic, prize-driven = MEH.

There. I've said it. Again. Not saying I'm RIGHT, but it is right for ME.

Oh... and also the fact that chopping is for PUSHIES. Didn't anyone ever tell you that at school, just before they hiked your underwear up over your head? Raising Brow

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
It's not you its me... I'm having tests done. I'm still drunk from last night and the holidays are coming up.

Really... I got all set to work on some, but the sun was in my eyes, I tripped and fell and I broke my arm.
Then to top it all off the dog then ate my wacom tablet.
Honest!
yeah... thats the ticket.

Excuses excuses!

Rolling Eyes Razz

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I'll state my position again: The original concept for this site was SMALL file size, SHORT turn-around time, FAST n' FURIOUS chopping. No prizes. Anonymous posting.

THAT is what got this site rocking.

Cool All Hail Reinier!!!

mellowdesign

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

I've just been a busy bee...and have only recently had time to chop for the team challenge...I'll be back... Very Happy

FootFungas

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Its kinda sad.
I did a quick chop the other day for the parade contest just because I thought it was sad that a source like that didn't have any funny entries.

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Its kinda sad.
I did a quick chop the other day for the parade contest just because I thought it was sad that a source like that didn't have any funny entries.

What you don't find Buzz and Woody funny?I guess you either didn't find mine out of the hundreds of other entries,you think Fracis Ford Coppola directed Toy Story or you must be older than 13 !. Laughing But then again you didn't find many other worthy entries.I see you only cast one vote in the comp.Now that's sad imo Sad .And I don't mean it in a negative way towards you.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/146831/buzz-and-woody.html

Miss SS

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

In all honesty I have been busy over the last two weeks falling in love... and its been a wonderful two weeks!... Razz compress *sigh* ... because of this all of my chop time has been taken up with the team challenge...

ReinMan Does have a valid point though, and although he is talking about a time before I joined this community I can see the appeal of this quickfire creativity. Would it not be possible to have a day of the week where we all get only 24 hours to chop (advantage or not)?

We have an anon day which is good, and I actually enjoy putting my heart and soul into a mammoth chop over a few days sometimes, but there is something to be said for enforcing shorter deadlines... what does everyone think?

It could be great! It would push people to work in a different way and learn how to work under different constraints. It would also give newbies more of a chance to gain confidence.

Could we trial it for a few weeks? Very Happy Very Happy

splodge

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

i've got a great idea, let's have a weekly instant chop day. echo, echo, echo, echo,

Hallcross Toots

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wow. - Reply to topic