Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

sage

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:54 am   Reply with quote         

Hello.

I think I joined in March 2004. Can't say for sure 'cause once I'm logged in, I don't know where that information is stored.

Back in 2004, I had a dead-end job at a design studio. At 8 A.M. everyday, I would log on to PSC to look at the source pic, then I would drive to work thinking about a chop. Once at work, I'd log on, download the source, and get busy. I'd usually post around 10:30...then enjoy the site for the rest of the day.

Well...it's been about three years I haven't posted. I left that company about, go figure, three years ago. Now, I've got a real job and no time to play. I have to admit, once I get home, I have no motivation to chop.

I'll come back every now and then to see if anyone is freaking out...remember that time cynn and the Michael Jackson avatar guy went at it? Or guys like sword of truth? haha! Fun times...fun times.

I wonder what happened to D-man?

Oh...happy birthday, PSC.

Blurker: good job, mate.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

If any one is still in contact with JMH, can ya ask if he is interested in leaving a comment. Thanks

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

My wife told me if I don't quit PSC, she is going to leave me
Boy, I'm gonna miss her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PSC Laughing

ReinMan

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmmm.... I'm still thinking about what to say...

YerPalAl

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wants us to believe he thinks.

Now THERE'S something to laugh about. Laughing

HEY NANCERS!!

ReinMan

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
ReinMan wants us to believe he thinks.

Now THERE'S something to laugh about. Laughing

HEY NANCERS!!

I think, therefore you're a yam. Razz

Okay okay! Sorry, Blurker! Not trying to get off topic here... It's just that Al is a BAD INFLUENCE on me. Twisted Evil

1337hax0r

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Rein...I miss you man.

screwloose

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I joined 21 Dec 2004. Man I was so addicted for abut the first year. Back when Metalic was King!
Haven't done much here lately though, but I think my port folio helped me get my current job.

And oh Yeah... I met my wife here!

Happy B-Day PSC!

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm #6697 and I joined 07 Oct 2003. I don't know if I fully remember all the exact details of how I found PSC. I seem to remember trying to learn how to do some graphics for the website where I worked (using Macromedia Fireworks at the time) and around the same time I found Fark's Photoshop Friday contests. I had fun with those and started looking for tutorials as well as somewhere that had daily contests. I found W1K and PSC at about the same time frame. I quickly determined that I couldn't hang with W1K. But PSC seemed to welcome schlubs like me.

At first I only entered the PSC comps just to hit my 10 entries so I could vote on the fantastic manips I was seeing every day. Then I got hooked on chopping just to chop and learn. I had gotten fell away from PSC after my drive crashed and I got a bit busy at work until I quite literally forgot about PSC. Then I found my way back to PSC by accident (via StumbleUpon). I bought my first advantage just so I could feel like I was able to give a little back to a site that I got so much enjoyment from.

I still get an adrenalin rush watching one of my chops to see if it will match or beat my highest vote-getter to-date. I honestly no longer care about winning. The only thing I ever wanted to achieve so bad I could taste it was to get the final four of an H2H so that I could get a lifetime advantage. Anyone else remember the charity auction to get a lifetime for blurker? Cool

I remember several brain storm ideas and PMs that I sent to JMH that got implemented. I'm sure I'm not the only one to send in those (or similar) ideas but it was nice to see the suggestions taken seriously and implemented. The gifting of Advantage was one I especially liked. I PM'd Jeremy to buy a 1 or 3 month advantage for Shaman as he was really coming on as a strong chopper but didn't want to spring for Advantage himself at the time. Wasn't long after that this became a feature (again I'm SURE I wasn't the only one). Point is that it was cool that members had (and still have) so much influence on how the site operated.

My biggest "Thanks PSC" moment has to be that I got my new job based largely on what I've learned at PSC. I don't have the time to chop anymore but I do try to emulate things I see here to keep up on learning some techniques. I'm hoping that a rearrange of my home office will allow me some more chopping time soon though.

xovlov

Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

what happened to the testing area?

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

happy B-day PSC, I miss you guys, wish I had more time to hang around. Smile

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

this spot is free, contact me if you want to buy it!! Cool

Micose

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

spot reserved 2 Smile
ReinMan

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

anfa

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Happy Birthday PSC!!!
This is still my favourite place to be on the interwebs and probably always will be. Oooooh, I love it!! Smile
The thing I like most about this place is when peoples brains melt down and they go totally mental then piss a lot of people off and get themselves banned! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC BIRTHDAY MESSAGE - Reply to topic