Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Could someone explain.... - Reply to topic

shreddingskin

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello... Very Happy

I've searched the FAQ and really didn't find answers to my questions. The questions being as follows.

Who is responsible for voting?
Is the winning photo based on amount of votes only?
How do I know if the contest being run is offering cash or a prize for the winner?

And the I'm a little miffed at the moment question of the evening is........ Mad How is it that a photo can be viewed over fifty times and only have 4 votes?

Thanks! Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

shreddingskin wrote:
Hello... Very Happy

I've searched the FAQ and really didn't find answers to my questions. The questions being as follows.

Who is responsible for voting?
Is the winning photo based on amount of votes only?
How do I know if the contest being run is offering cash or a prize for the winner?

And the I'm a little miffed at the moment question of the evening is........ Mad How is it that a photo can be viewed over fifty times and only have 4 votes?

Thanks! Smile

Members are responsible for voting. You "earn" the ability to vote after you've done 10 entries of your own.

Winning chop is the one that gets the most votes. In the case of a tie first submitted wins (don't argue this please as it's been debated to death already).

Prize contests are denoted by a gold star next to the contest name. Clicking on the star will tell you what the prize is. Hopefully prizes are not your motivation and community is.

Views don't necessarily equate to votes. Each time YOU check your entry the view count goes up. Each time a visitor (read non-member) looks at your entry the view count goes up. Also some go through all entries before voting. And, not to put too fine a point on it, a chop that you think you did great on might not be well received by the rest of the community.

http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html

glennhanna

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I just answered this... oh well... delete.

You've heard of Muscle Milk, now let's invent Muscle Beer. Well Honey, I've gotten these muscles from getting drunk 3 times a week.

shreddingskin

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Hopefully prizes are not your motivation and community is.

Prizes "are" nice, but my main goal here is to challenge myself with my skills, learn new skills, and hopefully make friends here within the community. Thanks for your answers. I've only submitted 3 entries , 7 to go then I can vote as well!

Cheers!

Jeff aka shreddingskin

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:32 pm   Reply with quote         

shreddingskin wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully prizes are not your motivation and community is.

Prizes "are" nice, but my main goal here is to challenge myself with my skills, learn new skills, and hopefully make friends here within the community. Thanks for your answers. I've only submitted 3 entries , 7 to go then I can vote as well!

Cheers!

Jeff aka shreddingskin

AWESOME! Very Happy Mr. Green salut thumleft

ReyRey

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Get advantage if you are worried about votes. Wink

TJ

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Get advantage if you are worried about votes. Wink

Agree.... Adantage is a good thing. I feel that if you like this stuff it is a great tool.
Try it for 3 months and if you don't like it, I'll PayPal you back. Hell Surprised What am I saying, I'm just a member here Laughing Laughing Laughing

Check into it thou and good luck. Smile

dewdew

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
How is it that a photo can be viewed over fifty times and only have 4 votes?

Hell 4 votes in 50 veiws would be a new "all time high" record for me. Rock-on with your bad self. Laughing

The contest are rigged...Proc has a red button under his desk and he pushes it if you have the cash. Marco went broke trying to stay on top. He had to eventually give up chopping due his computer being repo'd with the rest of his house. He now lives out back at Splodges in a box that came from the Hall Cross. You did not think the 9.95 membership was paying the bills did YA??? Twisted Evil

(Some, none, or all of this, may or may not be factual truth)

TJ

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Quote:
How is it that a photo can be viewed over fifty times and only have 4 votes?

Hell 4 votes in 50 veiws would be a new "all time high" record for me. Rock-on with your bad self. Laughing

The contest are rigged...Proc has a red button under his desk and he pushes it if you have the cash. Marco went broke trying to stay on top. He had to eventually give up chopping due his computer being repo'd with the rest of his house. He now lives out back at Splodges in a box that came from the Hall Cross. You did not think the 9.95 membership was paying the bills did YA??? Twisted Evil

(Some, none, or all of this, may or may not be factual truth)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Could someone explain.... - Reply to topic