Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - What does this do? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

jerryhami

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I'm assuming this is for display purposes on your monitor? In other words, I suspect it isn't altering the actual pixel info in the file, but translating it to a clearer, more organic display on the screen?

I'm a gonna have to check dis out!

Thanks Jerry for that last post! Wink

I will let you know I have a couple of very large designs to print out for a van wrap. It will be worth printing a couple of feet to see what happens.

Hey have you figured out how to use the bounce key "change to a different tool for a second by holding down a key and then it goes back to the tool you were using?

jerryhami

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

ok Rein if PS knows how to fix the pixels on the monitor why would it not know to send the same info to the printer?

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 am   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
ok Rein if PS knows how to fix the pixels on the monitor why would it not know to send the same info to the printer?

How your monitor translates pixels into image is different than how a printer translates pixels into images.

And different graphics cards translate the same pixels DIFFERENTLY - this is why people spend money on better cards. The video game is outputting the same info, but the graphics cards take that data and do more or less tricks to the data to make it look better (or worse).

Not sure if I'm making sense, but the reality is every output medium will do something slightly different to the same image data. The trick is to get to know how YOUR particular set up works and develope a work-flow that you understand and can control to YOUR specs. Wink

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:07 am   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
Hey have you figured out how to use the bounce key "change to a different tool for a second by holding down a key and then it goes back to the tool you were using?

Yup - it is only useful for certain tools, but all you do is hold down the shortcut key and while you are holding it down that tool appears.

Try hitting B for a brush. Release that, and you've got your paintbrush. Now, while you are using that you can, for example, hold down teh "O" key and the current Dodge/burn/Saturate tool will become active while you hold the "O" key down. Release the "O" key and it reverts back to the paint brush.

Some tools don't work so well here: tools like the STAMP tool or the Healing tool (tools that need to set a reference point first) aren't so cool with this.

But, if for example, you create new layer and started using that paint brush, and you screwed up and wanted to erase quickly a bit, you'd just hold down that "E" key to turn on the eraser for a quick touch up, release the key and you're back to painting. Wink

jerryhami

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
jerryhami wrote:

How your monitor translates pixels into image is different than how a printer translates pixels into images.

And different graphics cards translate the same pixels DIFFERENTLY - this is why people spend money on better cards. The video game is outputting the same info, but the graphics cards take that data and do more or less tricks to the data to make it look better (or worse).

Not sure if I'm making sense, but the reality is every output medium will do something slightly different to the same image data. The trick is to get to know how YOUR particular set up works and develope a work-flow that you understand and can control to YOUR specs. Wink

Ok I thought about this, I know my graphics cards are doing the extra math to keep a cleaner umage when blown up. Like above example I was able to save the enlarged cleaner picture and post it. If you then print this cleaner picture from from printer won't it show that the clicked sample is cleaner? Yes! here is the finished product of my experiment. Clicking this button saved my ass on this project.
Thanks everyone for there help.
Morale of the story "If you got it, click it".

mellowdesign

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

My options are greyed out?!?!!! Shocked

Very Happy

jerryhami

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Mellow the box has to be checked for enable open gl. If it is desensitized then your photoshop doesn't think your graphics cards are capable of handling the process. You might try to update your graphics card driver this might be enough.
My old computer would not do it so I bought a new one just to chop on and I love it. I have dual crossfire x cards with a 1/2 a gig memory on board both.

mellowdesign

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Jerrypal - will look into it! Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - What does this do? - Reply to topic