Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Resolution problems?? - Reply to topic

rockyjob

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi guys... I'm working on a digital painting and I need some help.. It seems that the image which I made is set at low resolution, as you can see what happened when I started smudging. This is the first time I knoticed this.. and google didn't help...:

It also happened to the darker section bellow (much more subtle)???

Confused help

Granulated

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

those images give no clue as to what the actual problem is. Can you describe it?

rockyjob

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
those images give no clue as to what the actual problem is. Can you describe it?

at darker sections ( I think) two colors just simply don't blend at all and the smudge tool leaves some wierd "marks" that arent actually derived from the original color as you can see in image 1, where I smudged it and it turned green... I think it's a resolution problem but I have no idea Sad
even tried blurring it but no luck.. Confused

rockyjob

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

come on guys I really need some help... Confused

Patre

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Whenever a darker color bleeds into the lighter color area after I have smudged it, it is usually because I wasn't careful when I smudged from a darker to a lighter area. I usually correct the problem by smudging from the lighter to the darker area. Occasionally lowering the opacity of the brush will reduce the possibility of inadvertently stretching the darker color into areas where it doesn't blend. There are also different blend modes that can be used with the smudge brush-Normal,darken and lighten. For dark areas use, the "darken" mode and correspondingly with areas where you want to lighten the color use the "lighten" mode. Also reducing the size of the brush can sometimes help because you will be less likely to pick up dark colors that are on the borders of light colors when you are trying to be precise in the smudging process. I have used "undo" many times before I learned to utilize a few of the brush protocols described above.

ScionShade

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Tried turning down the flow?

rockyjob

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Many thanks Patre and Scionshade I'll try that... Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

you should check out this option where ya can actually converse with 'choppers' while you try to figure this out.

LIVE HELP PAGE!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Resolution problems?? - Reply to topic