Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Dear Mods - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

annajon

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:50 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I know this is asking for trouble in so many ways,
but IMHO it must be done,
it's a change of pace-- goes back to the sites roots, and will be good for the site....in the end.
Can we please consider canceling an image or two next week...tack them onto the end of the month for people that already worked them,
and have MJ, and Farrah sources for this coming week?
the sooner the better.
PLEASE?

The thing is, we also need a tribute to Jerry717 right? Have we held that yet? Including the 4th of July this week would be perfect as a tribute week. Making the 4th an international veterans day, of sorts?

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:03 am   Reply with quote         

I DON'T KNOW!
As far as Jerry goes. I think he has been a man that has made his mark, and there is no lack in pride for having been blessed to know the man. Even if never face to face.
I humbly feel that I am not good enough to do a piece that would honor the man, and have felt that way...........
BUT, now with having had a little time to step back, and
see things for what they are....
I AGREE WITH YOU! And here's why..........
Personally I was very distressed at the very idea of manipulating images to honor Jerry717 when the man has been such a consummate perfectionist with such high level skills, that it would be impossible to do him justice....
I was dead wrong and stupid for ever thinking that.
Of course few of us will manage to do justice with skills, but what was I thinking?
The man loved humor, and 'out of the box' thinking, and
'wishy-washy' images that said how people felt about things, and
when he commented on images like these that he liked........
he didn't care the least bit if they were perfect.
I'm with Annajon on this mods.
1 vote 'it's time' for me.

Mir

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

Quite honestly I think we ought to do a tribute to Jerry before any of the others and everyone in his own way, I am sure tha even if not up to Jerry's standards (he was great at what he did) it would still show how we feel about someone who was a great guy and one of us.
blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 am   Reply with quote         

Look I pushed the Jerry remembrance idea for a while (received mixed emotions over how to proceed) but it was suggested that we try and make a single event for all our fallen comrades, I beleive the mods are working on that idea but don't quote me cause you know how this place is when things get suggested. I did notice it was in Nancers survey so Im still hoping some thing happens.

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

I think it is worthy of discussion...survey is closed so I'll post the results in mod forum and call attention to this request as well. Interesting we received exactly 100 responses.

Will provide more info after mod review.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
Interesting we received exactly 100 responses.

Did you pay for the 100 response survey? Did they have a different price for the 1,000 response survey?

glennhanna

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd be okay with a daily contest tribute to MJ, but I'd argue that the source image be optional. I don't necessarily want to see similar ideas for all the entries with one source. I want to see a vast gallery of different expressions.

annajon

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

If you read Jerry717's profile it is very clear what he loved about photoshopping. So regardless of how good or perfect you can photoshop, in his honour or memory, trying to create an oldfashioned humouristic photoshop can be done by anyone with a little imagination.

And if there should be one tribute day for all the fallen comrads, then lets make it a HUMOR Chop to remember them all.

August 30 it is DocterWu's day, and last year we had a Heron competition, that was used as a tribute competition for that day, for those who remembered DoctorWu and his Heron chop. http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2566/birdy.html
And his sister Linda has dropped in from time to time.

Things sometimes grow naturally. But you may also want to allow people the choice, by having these special days marked on a calendar on the frontpage. (Like this week in history... etc.)

arcaico

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

we make a tribute to anfa too? I saw in the forums a thread called RIP Anfa... that means he died, right?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
nancers wrote:
Interesting we received exactly 100 responses.

Did you pay for the 100 response survey? Did they have a different price for the 1,000 response survey?

No, it was unlimited. It hung in the low 90's until I updated the news items. 99 when I went to bed last night, 100 this AM when I closed it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Dear Mods - Reply to topic