Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Events Survey Results - discuss here - Reply to topic

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm getting ready to put the results up for the Site Event Survey. this is the place to discuss/bitch/praise/complain.

Have at it. Wink

Edit:

It's up now and I have the tags right: Wink

http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=WgRuv3_2b_2btr8ndwP72wIGm2NoJzJ7gZcXe3f1y_2b2YY6M_3d

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

Synthvet

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

bump!

Razz

jerryhami

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:03 pm   Reply with quote         

19. If someone states that they will be a no show in the later rounds, how should this be handled? Assume all ties will be broken by first entered winning.
the vacancy be filled with the runner up with the highest PSCore

8.7% 8
the other person who does show up automatically wins that match and proceeds

31.5% 29
the vacancy be filled by the highest-voted runner up from the previous round

33.7% 31
the vacancy be filled by the highest percentage runner-up from the previous round

18.5% 17
the vacancy be filled by the runner up with the closest PSCore to the drop-out regardless of vote score/percentage

What about picking someone from the waiting pool instead of letting someone that already lost have another go at it?

O and here is link to survey

http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=WgRuv3_2b_2btr8ndwP72wIGm2NoJzJ7gZcXe3f1y_2b2YY6M_3d

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks nancers and Mods.

I'm going to say this again, even if ya don't like it.
PLEASE put greater weight when it comes to making these decisions on the collective opinion of mods after they've discussed things.
I asked at the start of the survey that you do this.
I fully believe your opinion is greater because you put more consideration into
what these changes will effect on this site.
I have a perfect example. Folks said they don't really care for the "What about reminder to Vote Emails?"

This quite frankly..if taken under advisement by the mods, and
reminders are no longer sent for reunions will be a FAIL!
I gave up my record for this site by asking Proc to
send that vote reminder/request last year, and it brought a LOT of people back to vote in the reunion. It was a huge success. It brought people back.

I do not believe a majority of users taking surveys consider the effect on the whole site, but what it does for them.

rockyjob

Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

YES! 7 day advantage!! When this is tested I might consider chopping.. Very Happy

cafn8d

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

Yes, thank you, Nancers, for putting this survey together. Thank you Procyon and Mods and Developers for hearing us out. Yes, please do continue to weigh the projected impact on the site for any changes and not on any one individual who may or may not have taken the survey.

Now my $1.57 worth of 2¢:

*separate issue from the quality of sources debate*

I would really like to try a user-selectable Advantage calendar. Keep it at 30 days max, but allow users to have a setting in their profile for how many sources they see at a time. Yes, the pressure to chop more quickly would be somewhat artificial, but I think the popularity of such a feature would catch on. People can experiment with challenging themselves. People who still want to look at a whole month ahead may still do so. People who only want a week of sources can narrow their focus. Anyone who wants just 2 days or needs 2 weeks can have it. Feel like turning off the Advantage calendar and challenging yourself with an 8:00 start? Go for it! People can put in their author's notes what setting they use for Advantage, if they want everyone to know it was a "quick chop" or not. Perhaps even a little tag on the user's entry can show how early that source became available to that user or when it was first downloaded or something. Heck, perhaps the user settings can be tracked over time and the stats added to the site. I think that would be interesting.

In addition to trying such a user-selectable setting, I (and a bunch of other people) would like to see site-wide quick-chop days, maybe once every other week, where the source is not available to anyone before 8am. (Grefix said such a feature might already be in the works.) I would also like to see "universal Advantage" days where the source is posted publicly for EVERYONE to get, say, 2 weeks in advance. Such days may even help to sell Advantage memberships. I think as the site grows and diversifies, that variety is the way to go for keeping the most people interested the longest. One size does not fit all.

Okay, *gets umbrella out for firestorm of why a user-selectable setting is such a terrible idea* I doubt there are many arguments I haven't thought of. I just don't agree with them so far. Wink Like anything else on this site, any change can be UNdone if it proves less popular or more problematic than anticipated.

EDIT: I WOULD like to hear other opinions about this idea... Didn't mean to discourage that, if I did. Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Events Survey Results - discuss here - Reply to topic