Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - On comments - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

dewdew

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

I only get comments like:
"YOU SUCK".
WHEN WE SAID "CHOP".....WE DID NOT MEAN WITH A AXE.
I believe you have AUTISTIC, and ARTISTIC confused.
The only way this image could get worse is, if you entered a blank page.
and my all time fav-o-rite one is: EAT A TURD. Not sure what that had to do with the CHOP.....BUT Confused

if you insist.....UGHHHHH....THANK YOU. Mr. Green

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

Come on Shadey I just checked the last 7 contests and cant find a vote or a comment from you.
No other way to say it. You're a liar.
You cant just take one sentence and make such a negative argument, but then thats what you are good at of late.
Project much? You won't allow one nice quiet, everybody playing along just fine period of time at PSC without starting a thread about votes, and comments.

Not sure what the PM argument is all about but then you have some strange ideas about me.
You started this thread commenting about "There has been all this talk about votes and contest entries and how there is no constructive criticism", that isn't happening on posts, in chat, or in forums. I am inclined to assume that you must be referring to your own PM conversations.
This was not a bitch it was an honest statement about responding to comments left for no other reason but to help.
I disagree wholeheartedly. It is Blurker complaining again about either comments or votes. This will be followed up
within another couple of days with a Blurker soapbox thread telling us all, once again, of all the things you have done for PSC, and how you are frustrated at other people's attitudes around here, and that the moment whichever special game you are involved with right now is over, that you will be taking a long break.

Sorry folks for the rant I hope we can just keep this one thread on target. Joe you are entitled to your opinion but you need to explain yourself much better.
Certainly. Here's my explanation, and the first, and likely only time you will ever see me write these ignorant, vile, hateful words. Blurker, you need to STFUAC.

buckie74

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

What does AC stand for?

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

buckie74 wrote:
What does AC stand for?

and chop Smile

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

Ok I will answer this and thats it from me ok.

Quote:
Come on Shadey I just checked the last 7 contests and cant find a vote or a comment from you.
No other way to say it. You're a liar.

Well is it true or not, you stated that you have been happily voting and commenting yet I can find nothing to support that, sorry if the truth hurts mate but it is the truth.
Quote:
You cant just take one sentence and make such a negative argument, but then thats what you are good at of late.
Project much? You won't allow one nice quiet, everybody playing along just fine period of time at PSC without starting a thread about votes, and comments

I think in my time here I have started one maybe two threads on votes. I could be wrong. In those threads I have always stated that its not about the votes, I have never cared about votes in any great way and take insult for you to say I am deliberately causing trouble, read what other have said Joe and see if there agree or disagree about making comments. There was no malice in the opening thread, well no one else has a problem with it.
Quote:
Not sure what the PM argument is all about but then you have some strange ideas about me.
You started this thread commenting about "There has been all this talk about votes and contest entries and how there is no constructive criticism", that isn't happening on posts, in chat, or in forums. I am inclined to assume that you must be referring to your own PM conversations.

I did not mention pms other than to respond to some one else if you dont wish comments on your images. The opening post said in chat. Come on there are always threads in this place about votes and comments I could give you over 15 links on voting at PSC it would have to be the number one thread discussion. Supa, buck, myself and many others that frequent chat have on many occasions talked about comments and the three dots. I have never pmed any one here with regards to votes.
Quote:
This was not a bitch it was an honest statement about responding to comments left for no other reason but to help.
I disagree wholeheartedly. It is Blurker complaining again about either comments or votes. This will be followed up
within another couple of days with a Blurker soapbox thread telling us all, once again, of all the things you have done for PSC, and how you are frustrated at other people's attitudes around here, and that the moment whichever special game you are involved with right now is over, that you will be taking a long break.

Man leaving this one alone, you have some serious issues with this never knew you were so jealous, I am sorry you feel this way but that's your problem not mine. In my defence I have never started a thread singing my own praises, other have but I have not.
Quote:
Sorry folks for the rant I hope we can just keep this one thread on target. Joe you are entitled to your opinion but you need to explain yourself much better.
Certainly. Here's my explanation, and the first, and likely only time you will ever see me write these ignorant, vile, hateful words. Blurker, you need to STFUAC.

Yeah well I have been chopping of late, not as much as I want to but like many here I still try, wish you would take your own advice and try as well. I don't hold any anger towards you now Joe I just don't understand why you hate so much off late, but that's your choice, I hope fun loving good time Joe comes back one day

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I've sent a few pm's hoping that my suggestion(s) would help make an image better. Some have been taken, some ignored. It doesn't bother me one way or the other. And, I realize not everyone here is English speaking... *coughSplodgecough* Laughing

The very best help I've ever gotten is sending a non-anon comp image to someone I respect as a chopper. That included Scion once, but he didn't have any advice so I don't suggest sending yours to him. Wink

Nevet sent me one recently, took my advice and stole $50! (Hey, Nevet, where's my cut?) Razz Wink

Basically, I think sending an image to someone before posting is a good idea. A second pair of eyes helps a lot.

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

It’s all about not enough time... though I always take time to vote if I don't fell asleep that is... Confused Like yesterday on the 'Odd Boat Display' contest. I’m very sorry that I missed some real good chops, forgive me Bow

Sometimes I vote @ work, but rather not. Choppin’ always cost more time than I plan too alien (< green snail: I’m soooooo slowwwwwww).

If I realize that the comment is completely correct, I change the entry and update! Almost never give advice myself because it’s mostly a matter of taste what you like or not. When I have time – in the weekends – I comment. Not too much, cause there is always the language problem, a slip-up is possible and can has undesirable impact Shocked Argh Laughing

buckie74

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
buckie74 wrote:
What does AC stand for?

and chop Smile

Ahhhhhhhhh! I'd be glad to critique work but I don't feel I know enough yet to do so seriously. I do know what I like, though...... Very Happy

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

BRAINFART.... Idea

Make it a rule: Laughing ....i can't believe i said that. Embarassed I'm sorry...i should wash my mouth out....wait...i had a IDEA scratch

Idea ...There it is clown

If you enter the contest, Then you earn the right to vote and comment. So not much would be needed for that part.
BUT
If you are not entered in the contest, you only have the option to comment.

That would stop some of the "rouge" voting that goes on. While still giving the ones that want to help and comment, Do so.

Well, you know how threads get hi-jacked by the SPRINGER show around here. I did not know if this was going to stay a comment thread...or turn into a Vote thread. So i'm just covering all my bases. Razz

Tesore

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, I don't chop every day this month, butttt I take the option to comment!
And vote Wink

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I want Scion and Blue to put on short pink dresses and then cover themselves in motor oil and then JUMP IN A PIT OF UNTRAINED AUTO MECHANICS.

I really want that. Do I complain when I don't get what I want?

NOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooo! Raising Brow

Now all of you - Shut The Feck Up And Chop!

Warning: SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION OF A ReinMan SONG to follow.

CLICK HERE, DAMMIT!

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

Well Tbh I'm new and when ever anyone posts I always try to cater for the criticism I get, cos it helps me get better.
There is a fine line though between criticism and Insult and that line tends to fall at different areas depending on how much photoshoppers eye (PSE) the creater has gotten, including the (My Baby Syndrome 'MBS') aka "I worked my ass off on this you better not say anything bad" therefore all critisism gets a big shotgunning by these people.

Either way I think constructive criticism has helped me out a tonne especially as this is a community of skilled choppers, you can only learn from the veterans of PSC they tend not to tell you ( hay that lighting is pretty good i think you should ruin it). I mean my brother is an advantage member and he basically introduced me to PSC and Chop or Not and he is probably the harshest critic of peoples work.

I mean you could show Marx-man that you recreated the Eiffel Tower and all the backdrop from a bootlace and he would tell you the lighting is off and the shadow sucks.

So I just learned to take all comments as advice rather than insult. However, not every one can say that they are willing to take some criticism and I think even a few of the more experianced users sometimes fall prey to MBS or PSE.

As with any thing it takes 2 people to make the criticism work and if they flak you for giving it, so what? At the end of the day they lose out. At least you guys are showing that the PSC community is out to help each other improve.

delia

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup... And that is why if I am not sure on an entry, I specifically as for the constructive criticism/ideas/ advice in my comments section, because Lordy knows I could use it!

Smile

http://www.track4va.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - On comments - Reply to topic