Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Smudge painting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

buglover

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

Hi Patre, gratz! some really nice stuff!

Don't know if you know artrage. They have a nice feature where you can use a tracing image, so that you paint over the reference picking up the colours from the original. they have a free trial version and it's fun playing with it.

Cheers BL

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:18 am   Reply with quote         

You should all invest in "Painter". It's the
best program for stuff like this. Corel.com.
There is a free trial download. You will love it.
Play with the oil brushes.
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1166553885783#tabview=tab0

seamusoisin

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
You should all invest in "Painter". It's the
best program for stuff like this. Corel.com.
There is a free trial download. You will love it.
Play with the oil brushes.
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1166553885783#tabview=tab0

My Wacom Bamboo Fun Painter came with Painter.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Patre

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks buglover and rey for the tips on Artage and Corel Painter. I will check them out.

anabe

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

These are wonderful works of art! Now you got me started in trying out a new technique. Very Happy

splodge

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

tinas grandson, took 2 men a day and a half to get this far Smile

Hallcross Toots
Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

Yesterday I got a call from a client in the Bahahmas, she wanted to know if I could "do my photoshop work" and make a painting from an old picture she had...
One of the guys in the boat is her Chef chef, from about 30 or more years ago when he was younger... he's now an International Gourmet Chef, and damn good Razz
You know the saying about not pissin off the chef? Well it goes the other way too Bow Wink
Here was the picture as I got it.

@ 8+ hours later and add another fuckin 2 for this thread... Laughing

Shocked I don't know which one is Higgins either! Shocked
A close-up of actual pixels @ 300dpi, I'll print this @ 22" x 30" on canvas, actually I will print 2, one for her and one for the chef Smile
Then stretcher bars need to be made, the canvas needs to be stretched, sealed, Razz And maybe/hopefully "Hand delivered"

I'm sure you notice the rough edges on my work, when I print these, the canvas has to be larger than the picture, so it can wrap around the stretcher bars,
depending on if they want a gallery wrap etc. anyway, the whole point of making these is to make them look like paintings, when you see raw brush strokes on the edge
it adds to that, and the reaction I get from people is very positive when they see it.
I should have these ready in a couple days, I'll post a picture of the finished product., I will now close my eyes for a little while... Huh..

couldb5150

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

Patre,
Long time no chat ...love your recent works.....and if i amy say so PVS is the man to talk to ...ask him about what he did with my horse ...it was beautiful...then he went as far as to print it on his new (awesome) printer....I'm sure PVS has a copy somewhere!!!!.....thanks Paul you are da man!!!!!

Say a prayer PVS is not under water right now (he resides in FL)

Be well Patre miss ya buddy

~5150.....aka Mike

ReyRey

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Yesterday I got a call from a client in the Bahahmas, she wanted to know if I could "do my photoshop work" and make a painting from an old picture she had...
One of the guys in the boat is her Chef chef, from about 30 or more years ago when he was younger... he's now an International Gourmet Chef, and damn good Razz
You know the saying about not pissin off the chef? Well it goes the other way too Bow Wink
Here was the picture as I got it.

@ 8+ hours later and add another fuckin 2 for this thread... Laughing

Shocked I don't know which one is Higgins either! Shocked
A close-up of actual pixels @ 300dpi, I'll print this @ 22" x 30" on canvas, actually I will print 2, one for her and one for the chef Smile
Then stretcher bars need to be made, the canvas needs to be stretched, sealed, Razz And maybe/hopefully "Hand delivered"

I'm sure you notice the rough edges on my work, when I print these, the canvas has to be larger than the picture, so it can wrap around the stretcher bars,
depending on if they want a gallery wrap etc. anyway, the whole point of making these is to make them look like paintings, when you see raw brush strokes on the edge
it adds to that, and the reaction I get from people is very positive when they see it.
I should have these ready in a couple days, I'll post a picture of the finished product., I will now close my eyes for a little while... Huh..

If you take your painting, duplicate it on a new layer, set it to color and then start blurring that new layer, you will see those unwanted "camera noise" colors disappear.

You can then fix some of the edges on that same color layer by painting with color along some edges.
Example: paint blue around the edges

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

Yawn...and I mean that literally, Laughing I've been up all night... Rey this was a first draft, Ill go over the whole thing again, and I was just telling Monkey drummer about dupin a layer, I know exactly what your sayin, and thanks for pointing it out, Wink

Patre

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

Paul,
Great artistic expressionistic rendering of that low res photo..
Thanks for posting..

delia

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't care if you love him or hate him, he's my latest portrait:

This is at 35 percent of the original size, and reduced resolution so it wouldn't blow your monitor's minds... As someone said earlier, bigger is better for paintings. Smile

And at 100% zoom so you can get a better feel for it:

http://www.track4va.com
Patre

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Really nice work,Delia..The painterly effect on the face is incredibly good!! I also like the way the portrait blends with the background-your choice of colors is perfect.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow Delia, and you say you do this with a mouse? Get a tablet!, you'll feel silly that you waited so long. You'll find out what pressure sensitive means...it gives a whole nother feel to all your brushes, start off with a bamboo if you have to, it will take your art to the next level. Wink

delia

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Wow Delia, and you say you do this with a mouse? Get a tablet!, you'll feel silly that you waited so long.

Yup. Mouse only. I have ZERO funds for a tablet. Wahhhh... Maybe for Xmas Santa will bring me one if I start leaving hints right in front of his nose NOW... Laughing He's oblivious.

http://www.track4va.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Smudge painting - Reply to topic