Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

heaven forbid children see this kind of thing on the various animal shows or {gasp} in real life!

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Laughing
So... how can a 13 years old kid can be offended by this?

What is it to you?
Not everyone holds to the same standards as yourself, and they sure as hell have no reason to have to answer to you, or be put in the position of having to defend themselves.

Janfet

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

beefhead wrote:
heaven forbid children see this kind of thing on the various animal shows or {gasp} in real life!

Thank you ! My sentiment, exactly !

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

beefhead wrote:

More of the moral high road with no other intention but to make other users of this site that don't share your views feel uncomfortable being here.

Your offended by others being offended. Ridiculous.

Micose

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
........and this is where I come in.
Sometimes the line is pushed. As expected someone, or a few someones will come along and give the expected reaction of being a bit put-off/insulted by the intentionally offensive image.
Then we have this part. The part where the people who are here for hateful entertainment prove themselves not to be having a little fun being provocative, but looking for an excuse to demean, and put down those that fell into their trap, and begin slamming them, and attacking their real world values, and positions. Making it personal...Micose, Claf especially, and Oscar.
I doubt this was Gran's intention, or the intention of a couple that laughed, but it is the intention of a few posting on this thread, who've done it repeatedly in the past, and driven off other uses with relentless put-downs and a few more that certainly will in the next couple of days.
MODs,
I am not of the definite opinion that these images should be pulled for their possible offense to some. I am definitely beyond any doubt of the opinion that these images should be pulled because of the users that use it as an excuse to personally attack others, and put unsuspecting people, just coming here to have a little fun, in the position of having to defend themselves.

not attacking anybody,even more personnaly,, just wondering if it s really useful to explain this is a pig's ass to his children with a guilty blushed grinning face...this just sounds a bit....too much.....we used to have more solid debates on sbetter solid topics in the past....but not here.....
ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:

not attacking anybody,even more personnaly,, just wondering if it s really useful to explain this is a pig's ass to his children with a guilty blushed grinning face...this just sounds a bit....too much.....we used to have more solid debates on sbetter solid topics in the past....but not here.....

His children are personal to him, and you're sitting in judgment.
Images like this are meant to evoke a response..that's according to what you've said many times in the past...
getting an evoked response is one thing, but what you're doing is getting a response and then making a personal judgment against that person. It's hateful.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Sometimes the line is pushed. As expected someone, or a few someones will come along and give the expected reaction of being a bit put-off/insulted by the intentionally offensive image.
Then we have this part. The part where the people who are here for hateful entertainment prove themselves not to be having a little fun being provocative, but looking for an excuse to demean, and put down those that fell into their trap, and begin slamming them, and attacking their real world values, and positions. Making it personal...Micose, Claf especially, and Oscar.
I doubt this was Gran's intention, or the intention of a couple that laughed, but it is the intention of a few posting on this thread, who've done it repeatedly in the past, and driven off other uses with relentless put-downs and a few more that certainly will in the next couple of days.
MODs,
I am not of the definite opinion that these images should be pulled for their possible offense to some. I am definitely beyond any doubt of the opinion that these images should be pulled because of the users that use it as an excuse to personally attack others, and put unsuspecting people, just coming here to have a little fun, in the position of having to defend themselves.

'bout time you chimed in. Wink
Hey, y'know the worse part is...mOnk stood a chance at his first win. No matter it be an anus flower, it's cool. Evidently, mods don't want to take a stand on this chop. Sorry, mOnk. Sad

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Claf wrote:
Laughing

What is it to you?
Not everyone holds to the same standards as yourself, and they sure as hell have no reason to have to answer to you, or be put in the position of having to defend themselves.

Chill man. Chill.
Cool

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn, I really hate to say this BUTT: ScionShady kinda makes some sense here. It IS wacky that we (and I've done it too before) criticize someone else's response to something.

It is JUST their response. They FEEL that way about something. And then those of us who DON'T FEEL THAT WAY spend lots of energy attempting to CHANGE THEIR FEELINGS. Hmmm

I do get both sides of this one - kids shouldn't feel weird about the fact that we all have stinky little things in us. (I'm talking about OPINIONS, of course Wink Razz ) They should be encouraged to not feel bad about feeling bad. And I think it is good that they feel empowered to say "I don't like feeling bad, so, as a personal favour to me, stop doing the thing that makes me feel bad, okay?"

Images of THINGS THAT CAN MAKE PEOPLE FEEL BAD is a challenge - true, they don't have to look at them, by theory - but when I opened this thread I had no idea or warning there would be a naked pigs ass as well as a Hidiously Distorted GOURD UP A PIGS ASS. I found it kinda gross. I got over it REAL QUICK, but I felt weird at first. I didn't really have a choice in that at the time.

I think this is where the MODs have a challenging job on this site, doing their best to not censor unreasonably, but also to be a bridge between the sensitive and the less sensitive creative types here.

TJ

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been following this all day. from funny to sick and wrong (thanks Ted, I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight and maybe forever), but would like to hear something from the dude that started this thread.

Bogonet,
I agree with what you're putting out here. I felt the same way when I started.

I think PSC is about having a good time and learning from others to make you push you to a level you never thought you could do.

I had a time here, not to long ago that I said I'd never chop here again (It happens to all of us time to time) and someone said I was being a "little bitch" and to move on.
That person is now one of my best friends here and outside PSC.

Everyone here has their own idea on what is right or wrong and have their own opinion.
Think about it........ that is what this site is made of.

Hope this helps. Smile

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:00 am   Reply with quote         

In a way, I understand where Bogonet is coming from as I feel the same emotions every time I see Renee Zellweger on the big screen.

I can also see that Bogonet and m0nk are either friends or relatives, and having your family defeated by a swine's anus can be a hard pill to swallow.

That being said, the real problem lies in the fact that you're looking at the orifice as the sum of its parts, when you should be looking at it as a hole.

I implore you to dig deeper and explore what it truly has to offer.

Look below where your eyes are naturally drawn, and here you will find a story.
It is a story of struggle, of betrayal, of sacrifice, and ultimately - of love.

Only a Philistine would view this work and see but a mere "pig ass".

bigbuck

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Claf wrote:

What is it to you?

Oh Scion! Calm down. Take a deep breath! Surprised

I never asked for an answer or anything else. Rolling Eyes
I just asked myself that question... and I can't find any answer.

And please, there was no personal attack... sorry, this is not my kind of thing.
Just an opinion (or judgment if you prefer) about another member's point of view.

Anyway, my point here was that I'm against excessive censorship.

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
MODs,

So, are you or are you not calling the pig image intentionally offensive? One man's offensive image is another man's pig's ass. Or are you just talking about offensive images in general, since you did say 'images' in the last paragraph. Does the image of a pig's rear end fall into the same category as pictures that are generally accepted as offensive?

Why should the image be pulled because of other users who have "used it as an excuse to personally attack others". That's not fair to the creator of the image. Besides, the alleged "personal attacks" have taken place in here, not in the contest itself.

People asking questions or expressing their opinions in response to somebody else's comments doesn't put anybody in the position of having defend themselves. They can engage in a normal conversation with the respondent or they can even simply choose to not say anything at all.

What has been said in this thread that can be considered slamming people and attacking their real world values and positions? Attacking and slamming? Really?? That's a bit extreme. You seem to take a comment and interpret in the most extreme way or turn it into something completely different than it is. Example...
Quote:
beefhead wrote:
heaven forbid children see this kind of thing on the various animal shows or {gasp} in real life! {picture omitted so as not to distract, see above for picture}

ScionShade wrote:
More of the moral high road with no other intention but to make other users of this site that don't share your views feel uncomfortable being here.

Your offended by others being offended. Ridiculous.

You took my obviously (or so I had hoped) sarcastically toned statement and turned it into me being "offended by others being offended". Additionally you turned my statement into me intentionally trying to make people uncomfortable. How DARE you imply that was my intent! Who are you to presume what my intent was? If I have anything about which to be offended, it should be that.

One could argue that you may be using this as an excuse to slam and attack people and that you are making it personal by singling out certain users and referring to things having been done "repeatedly in the past" that probably have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You are defending people who, at least publicly, haven't asked for help being defended. But since they were put "in the position of having to defend themselves", you have chosen to volunteer your unbiased services. Bravo Sir ScionShade! Bravo!

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
DaVinci

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:53 am   Reply with quote         

I want my 10 minutes back! Reading this bull*...

The Joker would say: "WHY SO SERIOUS?" clown

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Am I on a wrong site ALREADY? - Reply to topic