Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - thanking voters - Reply to topic

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, about receiving votes now (instead of giving them)...
I always like to thank people if they vote for me, and even more so, when they give comments. I think comments are really useful, I often learn from them.

I was wondering now, once I received 19 votes, how can I best thank people ? Sometimes I send a private message, sometimes I thank them by posting a comment on my entry... But I can imagine, if you have 40 votes, you can't start sending 40 private mails to thank people, and if you post a thank you comment, do the voters get to see that ?

How do you people do that ?

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

on the couple I did with a good amount of votes, I just thank them in the comments, and if someone gives advice that is helpful, then i pm and thank them as well.

Thank you all for the votes
lol @ this comment, thanks for this advice MrFiddle..

PM thank you for telling me such and such MrFiddle.

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

I wish politicians would do this. I don't think you need to thank everyone for voting. You can leave a comment in your entry thanking everyone. I'd instead focus on the comments people leave with their votes and if you like what they had to share with you, you can thank them in a PM. If it just says, "..." I wouldn't take it any further. This will free up some time to work on your next entry.

ReinMan

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

OMG! Someone here started a thread about HOW TO DO SOMETHING NICE TOWARDS OTHER MEMBERS!

I had to run to the window and see if Hell just froze over! Laughing

AnajaDD: that is so nice that you think this way. For me, I don't require any thanks when I vote (which is not very often these days Cool ) but I think you can say "thank you" by continuing to create "vote worthy" images for us all to enjoy! Very Happy

Sometime, when someone wins a contest, they might start a thread here saying "thanks to all my voters" but other than that, we all know you are happy with our votes! Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

What Reinman said. But without the Canadian accent.

blue_lurker

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Try this thread for starters and there are at least another two that were started earlier than these some where in PSC myst of time

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

YerPalAl

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

. . . I can feel the love here.

GROUP HUG!!!

OK, I am being silly, but in all seriousness, its good to be thankful for votes, but PMing people, as has been said, is not needed. I post a heartfelt thanks in the comments box.

MamaBallistic

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
What Reinman said. But without the Canadian accent.

Laughing

I agree, I thank people on my entry comments although most people really don't expect a thanks, entering, voting & being part of the community is, afterall, the reason we're all members Very Happy

People appreciate the work you have put into an entry but don't always get chance to thank you for sharing it with them. It works both ways I guess.

Am I making the slightest bit of sense? Probably not... I am me afterall! Laughing

Anyway, now I've gone completely mad & am randomly typing I might aswell say it.... Thanks for being part of the site everyone Very Happy

(apart from Rey who sucks majorly LaughingLaughing )

JORDAN792

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

as long as you vote for me then no one needs any thank you... just kidding I like to just throw a comment at the end of the contest that thanks everyone for the votes. Everyone knows your thankful for their vote and like reinman said... just keep chopping.

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

AnjaDD wrote:

I was wondering now, once I received 19 votes, how can I best thank people ? Sometimes I send a private message

I do a similar thing after a contest ends, except instead of sending a thank you PM to everyone who voted for me,
I send a "what the f#*k's wrong with you?!" PM to everyone who didn't vote for me.
In a way, I like your idea even better as it seems like a real time-saver.

but more importantly, Anja...
what's the significance of the double D's at the end of your name?

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing cheers badcop's in the house! Laughing

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Try this thread for starters and there are at least another two that were started earlier than these some where in PSC myst of time

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I remember those...and miss those...Used to be one at the top of the Topic List on the homepage...WHATEVER HAPPENED to that?

blue_lurker

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

I remember those...and miss those...Used to be one at the top of the Topic List on the homepage...WHATEVER HAPPENED to that?

People just forgot and let it die my friend...place has changed since then, it could be time for a new member to take up the congrats thread once more???????? Smile

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
AnjaDD wrote:

I was wondering now, once I received 19 votes, how can I best thank people ? Sometimes I send a private message

I do a similar thing after a contest ends, except instead of sending a thank you PM to everyone who voted for me,
I send a "what the f#*k's wrong with you?!" PM to everyone who didn't vote for me.
In a way, I like your idea even better as it seems like a real time-saver.

but more importantly, Anja...
what's the significance of the double D's at the end of your name?

Laughing Hey, badcop,
The double D just represents the first letters of my last name - Anja De Dobbelaere (it's a very very flemish name, and some people might not even be able to pronounce it properly Laughing , therefore, just "DD" Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - thanking voters - Reply to topic