Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - make advantage the prize - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

tophatpainter

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe this is the wrong spot and maybe this has been brought up, but could we run some contests where 3 months advantage is the prize? Even a 6 month or year? I mean aside from the xmas one coming up.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe speed chops should have an advantage prize... Then all the stakes are pretty even for non advantage members...

tophatpainter

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
maybe speed chops should have an advantage prize... Then all the stakes are pretty even for non advantage members...

Maybe even anonymous speed chops to keep things really fair.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

What put an end to it? Or is it just not very often?

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

PM Procyon, the site owner. Only he can sprinkle the comps with Advantage or $$ prizes.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
PM Procyon, the site owner. Only he can sprinkle the comps with Advantage or $$ prizes.

How do we petition this Procyon being? Do we rally the streets or just ask nicely in a post? PM phone (like a batphone)? Encrypted transmition? Can I get anymore geeky?

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

why don't a non advantage member can only see the advantage calendar but can't post them. at least they kn0w what is the next entry they want to post.

Oscar

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Sanctuary wrote:
why don't a non advantage member can only see the advantage calendar but can't post them. at least they kn0w what is the next entry they want to post.

Laughing

because it wouldn't be ADVANTAGE anymore

Martrex

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Management got tired of Marco and ReyRey and the other big shots constantly winning, they have a few lifetimes of memberships.Laughing Laughing Laughing ('Sarcasm')

There has been discussions on the forum of setting different levels of competition, but it never has gone anywhere. ('salut')

tophatpainter

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Well that's nice of the best choppers around to enter a contest they have no need to win. Would it be possible to exclude the guys that consistently win these prizes they don't need or make it is for so people who don't have advantage or who's advantage is about to run out? I imagine its cheaper for staff to give out, which would mean a possibity of more prizes as well as more people being exposed to advantage. And again an anonymous speed chop would give people more chance.

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

Am going to trow this out there ...

your not the first who ask about this advantage deal nor will be the last... search the forums and there are countless threads about the same thing, all end up in tears and despair. Advantage is like that, broken, but it works ( mostly ) and it seems most people like it.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:47 am   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter wrote:
Well that's nice of the best choppers around to enter a contest they have no need to win. Would it be possible to exclude the guys that consistently win these prizes they don't need or make it is for so people who don't have advantage or who's advantage is about to run out? I imagine its cheaper for staff to give out, which would mean a possibity of more prizes as well as more people being exposed to advantage. And again an anonymous speed chop would give people more chance.

Who said entering contests is about winning...I enter to show what I can do and learn from what others tell and show me.

Get the win attitude out of ya system and you will find this place runs fro the most part better than any other out there...start trying to make it all about winning and separating the good from the not as good and what makes PSC very unique will be lost.

seamusoisin

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
tophatpainter wrote:

Who said entering contests is about winning...I enter to show what I can do and learn from what others tell and show me.

Get the win attitude out of ya system and you will find this place runs fro the most part better than any other out there...start trying to make it all about winning and separating the good from the not as good and what makes PSC very unique will be lost.

I agree totally! While competition is healthy it should not be the main focus of what goes on here. Also, this is a business and as in all businesses the idea is to make money not to give out freebies. Unless I am the only one who enters a contest and even then will I ever win one of these, but I have met a whole bunch of really great people, get to see how different people see the same thing (A life lesson here!) learn some new skills, laugh my a$$ off at least twice a day, get a great diversion from the day to day grind, free accordian lessons if I ever get to BC, and I can get this for free. For an extra 10 pennies a day I get to support the site to keep it running and get the other benefits of Advantage. I have never met Emanuel, would not know him if I ran into him, but I can tell you if he does live here in Toronto he ain't living the high life on what he makes here.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:

Laughing

because it wouldn't be ADVANTAGE anymore

How about, non advantage members get to see the source image one day or 12 hours before the contest opens? =)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - make advantage the prize - Reply to topic