Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PLEASE READ: Open Letter To PSC Community - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Some of the words we used were "impeccable" and "thorough". You may see them as ALL or NOTHING words, I see them as a call to be clear and honorable. It is true, most of the planet KNOWS the Mono Lisa, and if you didn't list it I don't think anyone is gonna slap you on the back and say "Shit, that's a great painting you did, Tawiskaro!". Something like that is pretty safe - though the Louvre Cops may come after you! Wink

[/size]

not sure I have heard of the Mono Lisa.. but the Mona Lisa is a different story.

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
ReinMan wrote:

Some of the words we used were "impeccable" and "thorough". You may see them as ALL or NOTHING words, I see them as a call to be clear and honorable. It is true, most of the planet KNOWS the Mono Lisa, and if you didn't list it I don't think anyone is gonna slap you on the back and say "Shit, that's a great painting you did, Tawiskaro!". Something like that is pretty safe - though the Louvre Cops may come after you! Wink

[/size]

not sure I have heard of the Mono Lisa.. but the Mona Lisa is a different story.

How about I know Stereo Lisa Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Tawiskaro

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I get it now. Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
...Sorry for the confusion... you can see why it took us MODs a few days to even get THIS far with presenting these GUIDELINES. Argh ... ...followed by a plethora of eloquent words, some graced with Sentence case, some punch-lined with ALL CAPS, some using the power of breathtaking typography including coloring, bolding, italicking, underlining and smiley-facing...
Long story short, if I read this correctly:

1. Mods discussed the issue about including and referencing external sources
2. Mods came up with some guidelines regarding the issue.

This has to be followed by the logical step of:

3. Mods publish the guidelines in the FAQ section and advise everybody to follow said guidelines (or else)

ReinMan

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
... ...followed by a plethora of eloquent words, some graced with Sentence case, some punch-lined with ALL CAPS, some using the power of breathtaking typography including coloring, bolding, italicking, underlining and smiley-facing...

Long story short, if I read this correctly:

1. Mods discussed the issue about including and referencing external sources
2. Mods came up with some guidelines regarding the issue.

This has to be followed by the logical step of:

3. Mods publish the guidelines in the FAQ section and advise everybody to follow said guidelines (or else)

Good point, Vok... these will find their way into the F.A.Q. section.

P.s. You've also understood a bit of my Typographic Passion/Perversion - I feel a bit more understood now Hug Very Happy

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
How about I know Stereo Lisa Laughing Laughing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8201664.stm

abraham

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

So! Expect more of this ' All source and PS work. Go big!' Laughing

carmine665

Location: ...down at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun...

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

I have read most of this thread and my apologies if someone else has brought it up already but in regards to the moral and ethical aspect... we are each beholden to our own character....as for the legal aspect, I find it hard to beleive that there is not one attorney amoungst our community who can clarify this issue once and for all....

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
MentalWard

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:29 am   Reply with quote         

Okay, as a newbie I think I have it straight:

I can DWTFIW as long as I STFUAC.

ITATFTIWIT?

E

Square

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

(AND PLEASE REMEMBER: (sorry for the CAPS in there, folks - there will be MORE!) THESE ARE NOT MY GUIDELINES. THEY WERE COMPOSED BY ALL ACTIVE MODERATORS AND THE SITE OWNER! Please, I know the ones of you who are not happy that this needs to be dealt with may wish to shoot the messenger, but PLEASE don't shoot the messenger Wink Bow)

Hey Rein, wouldn't that be "please don't shoot the MOOSEenger?

As someone who was around in the alleged heyday of the site, this entire thread makes me skittish about chopping again. I'm not familiar with the atmosphere that lead to this official statement, but I think ReinMan (and the rest of the mods) are correct in saying that if your gut/heart/conscience/Jiminy Cricket/angel on your shoulder tells you to list somebody's else work because it's both prominent and recognizable in your chop, you'd better do it or risk getting banned. As it should be, IMO. Most people don't want to associate with someone who will pass someone else's blood, sweat, tears, effort, sweat (wait, I said that already), effort off as their own. I know I sure don't, and I don't hang with anyone who thinks this is cool.

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
txpinky

Post Fri May 22, 2015 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Use sites like http://www.unsplash.com their images are totally free to use; and there are much more sites like this nowadays.

Post Sun May 24, 2015 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Great Site! Smile

jaw2785

Post Sun May 31, 2015 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm selling "open source" images I download after working them up. Image search is a pain. But I believe through Wiki Commons, Pixabay and several other sites a person can often find what they are looking for. It's not uncommon for me to spend almost as much time searching for a freely licensed image as doing the actual chop. But since I'm always searching for them anyway, I run across stuff and save the smallest file size if I think i can ever use it. If I need the image I just run it through google picks to get back to the larger file. But nine times out of ten I still don't have what need... so back to searching. I have used pieces of pics or pics that have no real artistic value... like a sheet of plywood and by the time I'm done with it, whoever did take it, wouldn't know what they were looking at. Its usually just a texture or something similar.
Marjum stock has some good work for use and Lies Through a Lens has some really nice women images. I also use Google images and use the "usage rights" search under search tools. I've been surprised a few times.
As far as getting permission, well, it's not easy to even find who owns a particular image and I've been turned down both times I tried it. So hell with that.
But image search will always be a pain in the ass when you need that certain something. The "something" is the easy part. The 'something' with the right perspective or other necessary attributes... that of course will seldom be there. Crying or Very sad

“Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.”

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, I couldn't have said it better. I am pretty new here on this site, but I like the idea and hope to be in a lot more contests. I have always had trouble using other peoples artwork and try hard to only use some of my thousands of iphone and other pictures I have taken, or can take, for my next Photoshop image. It shouldn’t be hard since everybody has a phone with a camera.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PLEASE READ: Open Letter To PSC Community - Reply to topic