Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Etiquitte For a Newbie - Reply to topic

MentalWard

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Gang,

Just posted my first entry. Thanks for your votes. Advantage member 'cause: I'm old & can afford the $20; Don't have time to post multiple chops per week (or even month).

For that reason It will take me some time to reach the 10 chop voting requirement. However, Is it cool for me to consistently offer constructive criticism via "comments?" I have a lot of experience, but don't want to come off as some fart-breathed douchebag that hasn't proven him/herself to this community.

Thanks,

Ed

PS: (speaking of newbie) With regards to voting, what does "…" mean?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:09 am   Reply with quote         

MentalWard wrote:
Hey Gang,

Just posted my first entry. Thanks for your votes. Advantage member 'cause: I'm old & can afford the $20; Don't have time to post multiple chops per week (or even month).

For that reason It will take me some time to reach the 10 chop voting requirement. However, Is it cool for me to consistently offer constructive criticism via "comments?" I have a lot of experience, but don't want to come off as some fart-breathed douchebag that hasn't proven him/herself to this community.

Thanks,

Ed

PS: (speaking of newbie) With regards to voting, what does "…" mean?

"..." means the voter is too sleepy to think of a comment, imo.
I'm mainly concerned with your difficulty discerning whether you're a him or her....ED Confused

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 am   Reply with quote         

aside from that him/her thing.. I dont see a problem with it, however there are some people who cant take constructive criticism very well. this site is designed to have fun and learn.

if your good at doing these things then your advice might be very good to some.

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

"..." means STFUAC

/

Welcome my n00b friend

bigbuck

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:07 am   Reply with quote         

MentalWard wrote:
Is it cool for me to consistently offer constructive criticism via "comments?" I have a lot of experience

Oh yeah! Bring it on! People just loooooooooooooooooooooooove criticism!

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

mmmmhhmm..... not listen to the clueless you must..... mmhh...

the ancient Three-Points-Comment.... good... very good....

look, young chopper... three points you see, but true meaning of the creative force that is! mmhh..mhhmm ... deep thoughts... unrevealed secrets...mmhhh...mmmmhh

every of these comments think well about! none you shall leave unreflected!... mmhhh... and those you place yourself, the same attention they need. misunderstood is what they could get..mmhhh... misunderstood...mhhmmmhmhh

time to leave... hungry i am.

YerPalAl

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

Mental ward, the three dots means vote with no comment. It happens often with me, I just run out of things to say. It seems as though you can chop so comment how you wish. Sometimes it will rub people the wrong way, but that is the way of it. Whenever I lay a critical comment on a chop I also try to say something positive about it and no one has sent me a letter bomb yet. Just keep chopping, (the STFUAC is Shut The F*ck Up And Chop) that is the thing.

Welcome to the site.

And yoda, whoever you are, best simple sig yet. Laughing Laughing Laughing

seamusoisin

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 am   Reply with quote         

Quote: "but don't want to come off as some fart-breathed douchebag that hasn't proven him/herself to this community."

Hey that's my job! Except you have to add OLD to the description and I have no intention of retiring! YerPall Al is next inline. Wecome aboard and get your own job!!! While your looking STFUAC!!!!

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
soulrock

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

same here Lolo Ed!

I'm enjoying my stay here, but my enjoyment is often cut off. I love to submit entry everyday but time and money wont allow me!
I have no personal computer, so I can't make my entry everyday. I just go to a internet cafe with Photoshop installed.
It's really hard to make an entry for everyday contest. Really! Very Happy Very Happy

I love to! But......money matters! I'll be sacrificing my weekly allowance!

I tried it at my first entry, I had to stop it, cos my school work is affected. And again my allowance.......

Happy New Year!

Martrex

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Most of the time suggestions get no response, positive, or negative, so after awhile you stop saying anything.
Welcome and as everyone else does here, do as you please! Sarcasm Laughing Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Most of the time suggestions get no response, positive, or negative, so after awhile you stop saying anything.
Welcome and as everyone else does here, do as you please! Sarcasm Laughing Laughing Laughing

What he said but without the sarcasm emoticon. Wink

YerPalAl

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked

An anfa without sarcasm is like . . . . .

Laughing Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Shocked

An anfa without sarcasm is like . . . . .

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, right! Laughing

MentalWard

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL. I guess I'm having an identity crisis! I suppose Ed could be short for Edwina? Guess I might actually be headed for the Mental Ward.

Thanks for the advice. And bigbuck…too funny!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

This site has changed much over the years...if you would have asked this question a few years ago, I would have a different answer for you.

When you leave a constructive criticism on a post, some people think that you are attempting to sway the votes away from their entry, and they become angry. (Because they take this site too seriously?)

If you don't "know" the member very well, you might want to offer your thoughts via a Private Message instead of directly on their entry.

Or if you like to stir the pot...go for it!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Etiquitte For a Newbie - Reply to topic