Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - :( - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Stupid Charter Communications. I've been without an internet connection at home for over a week now. Mad

I call them and keep getting a message that says "We're aware of a communications issue in your area." Yeah. They're aware but they aren't doing anything to actually FIX IT! Mad

I've got 9 months to go on my service contract with them. After that they can shove their "service" up their ass.

Sorry to vent here. Had to vent somewhere.

pollyO

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

Charter sucks even when they are fully operational!!!!

Tarmac

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

Actually internet addiction is what sucks, especially when your ISP turns off your juice, and you start "Jonesing". Mad

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Wondered what had happened to you.

annajon

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
Actually internet addiction is what sucks, especially when your ISP turns off your juice, and you start "Jonesing". Mad

true

besides that, there is the total depending on the Internet for all communications with bank and telephone company.

Tarmac

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Tarmac wrote:

true

besides that, there is the total depending on the Internet for all communications with bank and telephone company.

Because I live in California, we sometimes have these blasted brownouts that disrupt the power supply to the computers and routers in my home. The brownouts can last anywhere from a few hours, to all day long. Bottom line, is it means we have a multiplied chance of losing our internet connection here, besides occasionally having our ISP connection outright go dead. Sad

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

my dad and his brother USED to have charter.....
used is the key word here.. it was not reliable for them either..

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

lol @ charter

I have Comcast, it's COMcastic.

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I have Time Warner (road runner) which USED to be great. Slowly, it has deteriorated until I hate it now.

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Charter is just craptastic in my community. Next city over is a complete 180 (university town so Charter kisses their butts).

I've had Charter for just over a year. In that year:
- I had to help run the new coax lines in my house during the install as they only sent one person.
- During the install the brand new modem they sent didn't work right out of the box.
- DVR started to malfunction only two weeks into the service. Registered as 68% full with only 12 hours of recorded programming. They had to send another one.
- New DVR malfunctions constantly. If you fast forward higher than 2x speed it jumps to the end of the recording. Same with going back. When it does that it takes twice as long to get back to where you were then if you'd simply watched the dang commercial in the first place.
- Black screen with audio all the time. This is particularly fun during a sporting event. There's nothing like the thrill of hearing that something great is happening but you can't see it. YEAH BABY! Must be what pr0n is like for the blind.
- Cable modem doesn't seem to like responding to ANY router/switch that I try to put between it and my PC. Works for a while and then gives me the digital finger. Got so bad I eventually did away with the router/switch altogether (so that's not the cause of the current problems).
- The ever popular "please wait while your gateway resets again"
- Love the listings for shows that sound really interesting only to find I don't get the channel (and can't remove the channel from the guide).
- Use the "search by theme" to look for "football" and you get no results. Really fun when you know for a FACT that there's games on at the same exact moment.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Before they were bought out by Time Warner in my area, I had Comcast, the worst internet service I've ever had. Whenever it rained out, or was even damp, the service would cut out. Not on my end, either, it was somewhere on their end. After being without internet for over a week at a time, I ended up calling and complaining until they refunded me for the time I had no service. I'd recommend you do the same; at least you'd get your money back.

Time Warner has been great so far since taking over for Comcast in the area. Had an issue a couple weeks ago, but it was resolved as fast as it could be, I suppose.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
lol @ charter

I have Comcast, it's COMcastic.

And by Comcastic I assume you mean shittastic. It was in my case.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm BACK! cheers

So. Charter's automated system apparently marked me as "suspended" even though they processed my payment. But the "automated" system doesn't have the ability to fix that either.

So I sat in limbo. One system said I was paid up and another said I wasn't. Great programming there. Mad

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

I have road runner.. however I have a blessing setting in my yard.. you know those little green boxes sticking out of peoples yards for cable (at least they are green here)... well mine looks a bit different, because it is a master box and not a repeater. Tech guy said "your one lucky man, your going to get really fast speeds"

because of where I am to the location of that box... they ran me straight off that master box 9there is a repeater across the road from that box everyone else runs off of). the end of the node is supposed to get speed bursts of up to 15 megs.. meanwhile I run a steady 20+ connection.

i love it.

Ohh those automated systems can be a pain, i have dealt with them many times, but i usually end up calling them directly.

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

I have had comcast for over 5 years and no problems... the internet is great buy the cable tv sucks spiders ass.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - :( - Reply to topic