Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPERDOME IS BACK - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

My style is airbush painting, (landscapes) abstract art or web graphics design.
You MUST be an intermediate PhotoShopper who has time to stop shopping for photos and draw. I'll look into your account (here and elsewhere) to make sure you're intermediate. I'll do my best to represent the free and open source community- so what are we waiting for?
...Battle's waitin, bro. Cool

-NNN

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd take you on but I don't draw or paint. Confused

(Heck I don't even chop good either. Laughing )

blue_lurker

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
You MUST be an intermediate PhotoShopper who has time to stop shopping for photos and draw. I'll look into your account (here and elsewhere) to make sure you're intermediate. I'll do my best to represent the free and open source community- so what are we waiting for?

-NNN

Um I think you miss the point of the idea mate, you dont get a choice and you need to use the source...its not about what YOU can do its about doing some thing different with whats on offer.

May be you should read how this place runs and enter a few contests, before you start telling us just how good you are.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I think NNN has left the building? Confused

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

-NNN

Um I think you miss the point of the idea mate, you dont get a choice and you need to use the source...its not about what YOU can do its about doing some thing different with whats on offer.

May be you should read how this place runs and enter a few contests, before you start telling us just how good you are.

I never said I was good, quite the contrary. I wanted to make sure I wasn't fighting a battle scarred pro, that's all. I'm intermediate gimper, I wanted to face off an intermediate photoshopper.

I know how the contests work now, but I don't want to be in a multi-user contest OR use a source image- just do some art of a particular genre and see who's better. I'll work from a source image, but I prefer originality. Ah, who cares- hit me with whaterver you've got- I don't say that I'll win, but I'll do my best.

Thanks everyone!

NNN

Oh, BTW whats a chopper? Shocked

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

-NNN

I never said I was good, quite the contrary. I wanted to make sure I wasn't fighting a battle scarred pro, that's all. I'm intermediate gimper, I wanted to face off an intermediate photoshopper.

I know how the contests work now, but I don't want to be in a multi-user contest OR use a source image- just do some art of a particular genre and see who's better. I'll work from a source image, but I prefer originality. Ah, who cares- hit me with whaterver you've got- I don't say that I'll win, but I'll do my best.

Thanks everyone!

NNN

cheers It's on then? I'll take your challenge NNN! Very Happy My wife is outta town so I've got most evenings free for the next couple of weeks.

Oh and a chopper is someone who manips photos (a.k.a. "chops").

delia

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

If NNN is a painter/drawer I can have a go at the Chopperdome... We can both chop up a portrait and see what comes of it. Smile

I'm not too proud to let you take 'em on, though Tofu. LOL!

TofuTheGreat wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

-NNN

Thanks everyone!

NNN

cheers It's on then? I'll take your challenge NNN! Very Happy My wife is outta town so I've got most evenings free for the next couple of weeks.

http://www.track4va.com

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

-NNN

Thanks everyone!

NNN

Awesome- how does this thing work anyway? Are we gonna get a photo and preform max manipulation on it till it looks good, then vote?
Cant wait!

Oh and DelianDave, you look a bit more than intermediate- maybe after I face off with the great Tofu. Very Happy

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:

Awesome- how does this thing work anyway? Are we gonna get a photo and preform max manipulation on it till it looks good, then vote?
Cant wait!

Oh and DelianDave, you look a bit more than intermediate- maybe after I face off with the great Tofu. Very Happy

yup, exactly.
manip it anyway you like, with externals, or all source, (no source like in mine, however i used the source to make brushes, therefore i rebuilt the source to use for that chop)

and just have fun doing it.

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:

Hmmm BWAHAHAHA... Thanks for the compliment, but you couldn't be further off. Quite the "beginner" to speak the truth. Good luck against Tofu!

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

Hmmm BWAHAHAHA... Thanks for the compliment, but you couldn't be further off. Quite the "beginner" to speak the truth. Good luck against Tofu!

Geez, don't scare me like that! Very Happy

I compared your art galleries and yours was better- but this sheds new light on the situation. Shocked

BTW when can we start the challenge?

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
deliandave wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

I compared your art galleries and yours was better- but this sheds new light on the situation. Shocked

Delia indeed is a better chopper than I. Cool

We'll start once blue_lurker assigns us a date. I'll PM him to find out the specifics and request that it be in the next two weeks (purely for my schedule's sake right now).

delia

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Aright.... enough of this stuff. You're making me blush! Embarassed Embarassed

TofuTheGreat wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:
deliandave wrote:
NinjaNumberNine wrote:

Delia indeed is a better chopper than I. Cool

We'll start once blue_lurker assigns us a date. I'll PM him to find out the specifics and request that it be in the next two weeks (purely for my schedule's sake right now).

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, anytime's fine with me. Hopefully we'll have a week or so to work on the art? I don't know, 3 days is all right for me, just wondering...

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPERDOME IS BACK - Reply to topic